Medicom RAH Body Replacement Options????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacycmc

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello!!!

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm desperately searching for replacement options for a Medicom RAH body (two actually). First my Light Yagami (Death Note) RAH had both shoulders pop off. While trying to replace his body with an Obitsu slim 27cm, his hip fell off. Yay...good quality plastic Medicom!!

Then, I'd ordered a Ginko from the Mushi-shi anime (another Medicom RAH). Get him in, and am admiring how awesome he looks....but his right arm is a bit stiff and while I'm gently posing him and trying to loosen up the joint, BAM....it snaps and his arm falls off.

So....now I'm in need of two pale replacement bodies. Just for informational purposes, I'll share that I tried a Kumik body (he is WAY darker than their crap manufacturer photo shows AND he is larger...wider, broader, all that...just too big). I've also tried an Obitsu Slim....and while it will work if there are NO other options, there are issues with it - 1) the neck is a bit too small and the adapter doesn't fit the RAH head without modifications. The modifications will work, but he loses mobility since the Obitsu neck is stationary, and his head doesn't fit quite as snug, so it wobbles every so slightly rather than sitting firmly in the pose you put him in. No deal breakers, but not ideal either. 2) The Obitsu is slimmer all over, so while it works, the clothes are a wee bit loose. I think this would be an even worse issue if I used this body for a Ginko replacement.

Anyway, I have posted various blogs about the body replacements...you can find them here for more info:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...fying-pale-slim-male-body-rah-replacment.html

https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/40307

And just for ease of use / easy reference, here are a few pics of the RAH body, the Obitsu and the Kumik ...

RAH:
tumblr_p9esrw49HT1wir94wo1_1280.jpg

The RAH (left) and Obitsu (Right):
tumblr_pac5yf2ugr1wir94wo10_1280.jpg

The RAH and Kumik (darker, larger body) - so both color and size are an issue here:
tumblr_pannbp6RDD1wir94wo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pannbp6RDD1wir94wo4_1280.jpg

anyway I'm looking for any suggestions for slim bodies that would serve as a RAH replacement, so slim, pale, and preferably one that I could attach the head to without too much modifying (as I'd like for it to fit/move correctly). I've heard other suggest a few options, but they are damn near impossible to find or are SUPER expensive. I've also searched for cheap RAH figures, but I' not sure I want to spend $50-$60 on some older RAH figure that likely has the same issues, and the newer ones are like $100.....starting out, so expensive as a "body" option only.

Just for reference here are a couple that were suggested, but are no longer made, so are VERY hard to find (not to mention the RAH 301 body is one that supposedly is brittle in the joints like the figures I have now....so why pay a lot for a body that may break the first time I pose it)?

Volks Neo Guy or Neo EB Guy (not really sure the right name - somewhat hard to find and can be expensive):
The left is a teen version, middle is EB or something (slim version?) and right is the larger Volks:
obitsu8.jpg

Then here is the RAH301 Naked (so potential issues and not made anymore so rare and expensive):
MD_RAH301_NAKED.jpg

images

ANY and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated...as this is depressing!!!! Out of my current options the slim Volks looks like the best option, but I worry the neck will have the same issues as the dern Obitsu...and it's not ok for a $200-$400 RAH figure to have a floppy head!!! ACK!!!! HELP!!

It makes me want to cry that there's no suggestions for good replacements. :(

I now need to find a better fit for my Light figure, and I also just purchased a RAH Ginko from Mushi-shi...and the day I got him his right arm broke off at the shoulder. So now I'm up to needing 2 body replacements, and I can't even find one. *sigh*

Does anyone have any pale 2013 or new RAH's that they would mind measuring the bodies on for me, so I know what might be a good alternative if I were to go the route of just buying a whole figure for parts? I just don't want to buy one and it be too big/small....

I also heard someone say that the newer bodies come with an order form for replacement parts, so can anyone that's bought a RAH lately tell me what's involved in ordering those parts? Can you specify the part you want and for the figure you want, or is it ONLY for the very specific one that you purchased..?? What are the parts options? Also does it require proof of purchase to place an order for the parts?

Thanks for the info!! :D

Also would be willing to buy any bodies or such that I could use for parts (RAH bodies of course though).....it may not match, but if I can just swap out shoulder parts then perhaps I can keep my arms and such the same so color differences arent an issue (as no one can see the shoulder joints on my figures). Thanks.

the best body to probably replace with is a Hot Toys Slim truetype. the medicom hands however, won't be compatible without some modifications to the wrist pegs.

the best body to probably replace with is a Hot Toys Slim truetype. the medicom hands however, won't be compatible without some modifications to the wrist pegs.

Well, I heard the frame may work on those as well, but from what I'm hearing sounds like both the neck/head connections and the hand connections will have to be heavily modified to work. Worst thing about my Obitsu body swap is the head/neck modification I had to do, as it's still not quite right and isn't tight enough. Would SUCK to buy a Hot Toy TT Slim figure (as they are friggin eXPENSIVE) and modify the hell out of it only to have it not really work out. Ugh...that'd be depressing. If I could find the bodies cheap it would be worth trying it, but ha....that's a joke... Thanks for the info though...I'll definitely keep a look out just in case by some miracle I see a good deal on one, so thank you for the advice!

On a side note....I haven't got them in yet, but I ended up ordering a brand new / sealed Blue Coat Mad Hatter RAH and Odoru something-or-another RAH (literally NO clue who the hell this guy is). Both are Medicom RAH's though, but Odoru Whoever-the-Hell is from 2013 so should have the updated Medicom body (i.e. the better constructed, hopefully-wont-deteriorate RAH body). He was $50. The Mad Hatter RAH is from 2010...but at least I get all the accessories and he's brand new (which really doesn't mean a lot, but...well at least I get the accessories); he was $45 before shipping.

Odoru - Odoru Daisousasen the Final: Aratanaru Kibou - Aoshima Shunsaku - Real Action Heroes - 1/6 (Medicom Toy) | MyFigureCollection.net
295301.jpg

Mad Hatter - Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Mad Hatter - Real Action Heroes #511 - 1/6 - Blue Jacket ver. (Medicom Toy) | MyFigureCollection.net
47809.jpg

When I get them in, rather than doing a TOTAL body swap (which for Light, I could do...as you don't really see any of his body other than the top of his neck)....but for Ginko, I'm going to try to swap out the neck, chest plate, and forearms (maybe torso too)....so they are from his original body and the skin color is right. His forearms show since his sleeves come just below the elbow, so if I can swap the lower arms out then you wouldn't be able to tell what color his shoulders may be. Fingers crossed it all works out, as hunting for replacement parts/bodies for these guys is expensive and exhausting!!!

Thanks again for the info though!!

light is fair skinned do those bodies match?

i have the bayside shakedown fig. he's quite popular.

Hey Stacymc, I believe I have one complete RAH body and another one for parts... let me look through my parts bin and I'll let you know.

Hey, I know this is from 2018, but do you still have the bodies?
Hello!!!

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm desperately searching for replacement options for a Medicom RAH body (two actually). First my Light Yagami (Death Note) RAH had both shoulders pop off. While trying to replace his body with an Obitsu slim 27cm, his hip fell off. Yay...good quality plastic Medicom!!

Then, I'd ordered a Ginko from the Mushi-shi anime (another Medicom RAH). Get him in, and am admiring how awesome he looks....but his right arm is a bit stiff and while I'm gently posing him and trying to loosen up the joint, BAM....it snaps and his arm falls off.

So....now I'm in need of two pale replacement bodies. Just for informational purposes, I'll share that I tried a Kumik body (he is WAY darker than their crap manufacturer photo shows AND he is larger...wider, broader, all that...just too big). I've also tried an Obitsu Slim....and while it will work if there are NO other options, there are issues with it - 1) the neck is a bit too small and the adapter doesn't fit the RAH head without modifications. The modifications will work, but he loses mobility since the Obitsu neck is stationary, and his head doesn't fit quite as snug, so it wobbles every so slightly rather than sitting firmly in the pose you put him in. No deal breakers, but not ideal either. 2) The Obitsu is slimmer all over, so while it works, the clothes are a wee bit loose. I think this would be an even worse issue if I used this body for a Ginko replacement.

Anyway, I have posted various blogs about the body replacements...you can find them here for more info:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...fying-pale-slim-male-body-rah-replacment.html

Medicom RAH Body Replacement w/ Obitsu

And just for ease of use / easy reference, here are a few pics of the RAH body, the Obitsu and the Kumik ...

RAH:
tumblr_p9esrw49HT1wir94wo1_1280.jpg

The RAH (left) and Obitsu (Right):
tumblr_pac5yf2ugr1wir94wo10_1280.jpg

The RAH and Kumik (darker, larger body) - so both color and size are an issue here:
tumblr_pannbp6RDD1wir94wo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pannbp6RDD1wir94wo4_1280.jpg

anyway I'm looking for any suggestions for slim bodies that would serve as a RAH replacement, so slim, pale, and preferably one that I could attach the head to without too much modifying (as I'd like for it to fit/move correctly). I've heard other suggest a few options, but they are damn near impossible to find or are SUPER expensive. I've also searched for cheap RAH figures, but I' not sure I want to spend $50-$60 on some older RAH figure that likely has the same issues, and the newer ones are like $100.....starting out, so expensive as a "body" option only.

Just for reference here are a couple that were suggested, but are no longer made, so are VERY hard to find (not to mention the RAH 301 body is one that supposedly is brittle in the joints like the figures I have now....so why pay a lot for a body that may break the first time I pose it)?

Volks Neo Guy or Neo EB Guy (not really sure the right name - somewhat hard to find and can be expensive):
The left is a teen version, middle is EB or something (slim version?) and right is the larger Volks:
obitsu8.jpg

Then here is the RAH301 Naked (so potential issues and not made anymore so rare and expensive):
MD_RAH301_NAKED.jpg

images

ANY and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated...as this is depressing!!!! Out of my current options the slim Volks looks like the best option, but I worry the neck will have the same issues as the dern Obitsu...and it's not ok for a $200-$400 RAH figure to have a floppy head!!! ACK!!!! HELP!!
Hey, I know this is from years back, but do you still have those bodies? As I'm looking for replacement parts.

Back