Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping sideshow would put it up I pre ordered kaneda yesterday I used to have this set and sold it years ago and have always wanted it back. Way I see it you’re getting fresh figures for cheaper than the originals either way you slice it so while the price is still high it’s all about supply and demand

That's a 3rd party seller listing it at a mark up. Still, at retail, it is more expensive than before but that was years ago as well and there is inflation to factor in.

So I was right that the Chinese bots grabbed up all the actual retail amazon direct listings as soon as they were up.

This thing will never go on clearance. It's already almost as expensive as the the current prices for the original!

....cheaper than the originals?? At almost double the original price?

What I meant was if you were to go on eBay right now and get the originals everywhere I’ve seen prices are really high. I wish they were close to the original price

It will be released domestically in the USA so I wouldn't worry if you didn't get to order from Japan. The only advantage that has is you get it a month or two early.

It will be available on BBTS (or Sideshow) for sure. They would charge NRD for this one for sure + Added shipping/Tax + 2 month delay.
HLJ still offers order cancellation (unless you're black-listed?) if it comes to that somehow.

King of bummed that these aren't improved from the original in any way. Tempted but it's holding me back that they're the exact same figures from back then.
For the price that they're being sold at, it would have been nice for them to have made 2.0 versions for these.

Doesn't help that the bike looks like a $100-$200 plastic model either.

I'm really happy at another shot at that bike but I hate that I will just have to get the Kaneda figure to go with it. Medicom's quality is just not worth $300 and every figure I have had from them has just disintegrated. Thinking of just posing him and leaving him on that bike after I put some pleather PVC moisturizer on it.

About a decade old. Can't wait to get the new new lol
138112626_410535943532751_7335843209052258069_n.jpg

What's your opinion on the 1/12 scale PBM in terms of Kaneda's size? The figure seems oversized compared to the bike or is the undersized?

The bike is pretty big compared to a 1:6 figure. It's oversized for alot of my Hottoys figures except Kaneda.

The bike is pretty big compared to a 1:6 figure. It's oversized for alot of my Hottoys figures except Kaneda.

I was asking about the smaller 1/12 scale though. :) I shouldn't have stated PBM but rather soul of Popynica.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/akira-kanedas-bike-revival-ver-project-bm-907572

Kaneda's Bike (Revival Ver.)
Sixth Scale Figure Accessory by PROJECT BM! Bandai Spirits Soul of Popinica
New

$620

The front suspension, which is accentuated with chrome detailing, accurately flexes; pressing the accelerator pedal triggers an engine sound while pressing the brake pedal triggers a tire-squealing effect. You can even connect it to external speakers for immersive, high-quality audio playback! (Note: the product itself is the same that released in 2010.)

Attachments

• kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa026998c.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa026998c.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 175
  • kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa02b46fc.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa02b46fc.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 175
  • kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa042e942.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa042e942.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 168
  • kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa03566bd.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa03566bd.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 168
  • kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa030d48f.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa030d48f.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 169
  • kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa04bd3e6.jpg
    kanedas-bike-revival-ver_akira_gallery_5ffcaa04bd3e6.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I just got an email from HLJ asking if I really want it and they won't allow cancellation for this item since it's expensive.
So.. that got me thinking...Do I really want the 2nd Kaneda bike...?
Hmmmm........I have 1 day to decide

KanedaBike_01.jpg

Back