Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could afford this one, got laid off a week before Christmas, still unemployed. Sadly I'm selling the majority of my figures off, can't justify buying anything new, no matter how much I want it...

Damn that is pricey for what it is...Medicom is taking full advantage of collectors desires...

happening for all Japanese companies. Bandai has upped their pricing for around x3 than 2 decades back. so you can see medicom is actually doing us a favor just to increase their pricing slightly.

I'm really happy at another shot at that bike but I hate that I will just have to get the Kaneda figure to go with it. Medicom's quality is just not worth $300 and every figure I have had from them has just disintegrated. Thinking of just posing him and leaving him on that bike after I put some pleather PVC moisturizer on it.

wish someone actually posed Kaneda on his bike like how it was shown on the boxart of the extra cowl set, or aiming his bazooka in some artworks.

Wish I could afford this one, got laid off a week before Christmas, still unemployed. Sadly I'm selling the majority of my figures off, can't justify buying anything new, no matter how much I want it...

Sorry to hear that... I was in the same spot when the pandemic hit US early last year..
Best wishes and I hope you find a new gig soon.

Just saw that Sideshow has the preorder. With their new points policy I'm just going to dump my points into both of these figures now. Very excited at this opportunity to get these two without having to buy either of them second hand.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your situation, d*mn. Certainly hoping things are easy on you and yours, and that something worthwhile comes your way.

Interesting. It would seem the aftermarket value of the original has predictably collapsed....at least down to the pre-order price of the reissue.

If there's anyone that's been looking and longing for this set for the last decade, I definitely recommend buying it now because I really doubt the price is ever going to DIP below what they're asking. This is most likely the lowest it's gonna be, and it really is a gorgeous set, even though it's criminally overpriced.

I guess the only real "rarity" is the extra cowling and stickers box, which has really varied wildly in price over the years.

Ha, me too. I've always wanted one of these but damn... I know I'd unbox it and feel like Homer eating Pinchy.

Sounds like they're selling the originals from the Tribute to Otomo book.

Gotta be brutally honest....most of the French/Belgian/European guy's pieces just sucked. The only good ones in the book are from the Japanese artists.

Harsh, but true.

The bike was officially re-released today. Anyone pull the trigger? I would love a "back up" but jeeez....at that price I just can't.

It's on "sale" on amazon japan now...."only" 53,000 yen. Sadly, I think that's the lowest it's gonna get. I think it's only gonna go higher from here on out.

The bike was officially re-released today. Anyone pull the trigger? I would love a "back up" but jeeez....at that price I just can't.

It's on "sale" on amazon japan now...."only" 53,000 yen. Sadly, I think that's the lowest it's gonna get. I think it's only gonna go higher from here on out.

i already have mine on preorder. so glad i kept holding out for a re-release. there was numerous times i almost gave up but here we are. very happy.

That looks like a cool figure....did you make it? Looks like it has casts of the Bandai SOC 1/12 Kaneda head and gloves and boots. Outfit looks really well done for this scale, too.

But why use the inferior McFarlane bike instead of the awesome SOC bike?

It's definitely a cast of the figure that came with the 2004 Soul of Popynica bike. Unfortunately, that figure was slightly oversized for the bike, not to mention it wasn't poseable.

P9120975.jpg

My ultimate absolute dream figure would be some kind of Figma or SHF figure that's fully poseable and loaded with accessories that would be in scale with that bike. Bandai should re-release that bike....it's after market prices are insane right now, almost as bad as the 1/6 version. Besides, they did a straight re-release of the Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop, and that was also a part of the Soul of Popynica line. Of course it would suck to see the "value" of my toy drop, but it'd be great for people to get another chance at it. I think it's the best version of the bike. I just prefer the smaller scale to the big 1/6 version.

I think your figure looks fantastic. Really great work on the outfit especially. I'd be tempted to get one immediately but I can't paint. There's no way I could paint the head to make it look good.

Actually grabbed one off Amazon for 36,000 yen. Pretty happy I was able to get it essentially for half price, new.

That's not bad at all, really.

I got mine on the "second run" back when it was first sold. Amazon must have overstocked cause it was down to 25,000. I knew I'd hate myself forever if I missed it at that price.

I'd love to have a second one...."just in case." But even at 36,000 that's too much just for a back up toy, ya know?

Sounds like they're selling the originals from the Tribute to Otomo book.

Gotta be brutally honest....most of the French/Belgian/European guy's pieces just sucked. The only good ones in the book are from the Japanese artists.

Harsh, but true.
wish they re-release the special book that came with the boxset. i don't need the whole set of the comic but want to read the special book.

Back