MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should do an Austin Powers intro with Cruise as Strange, Ken Jeong as Wong, John Goodman as Happy, Zac Efron as Parker.

Watched IMAX IM today. Man I literally never even knew that the movie had IMAX sequences until this announcement. I always thought it was Nolan who brought IMAX footage to mainstream movies with TDK but nope! IM came out two months earlier. Go MCU, lol. :yess:

I was surprised at how many scenes were expanded and it made an already great superhero film even better. Watching it right after EG it was nice to be reminded how Stark mentions at his first press conference that he never got to say goodbye to his father.

Big question though: Why in 2008 did Jeff Bridges look *perfect* in the Iron Monger when he removed the helmet yet Mark Ruffalo looked fake as hell when doing the same in the Hulkbuster a full decade later, lol.
IM wasn't filmed on IMAX cameras, just standard 35mm. It's likely a marketing gimmick and the 'IMAX' parts are really Open Mattes which basically means the full negative.

This isn't from IM, but you can see extra space beyond the formatting lines.

the-walk-behind-the-scenes-ss04.jpg

This is crisp!! 4K Open Matte... Fullscreen otherwise what's the point.

That's gorgeous in 4K. I really, really liked ZSJL and the aspect ratio he went with. Bars on the side of the screen instead of the top and bottom worked really well.

But it is weird tho right cause didn’t they say capt marvel will be the new face of the mcu? In this poster she’s sidelined and weirdly Peggy carter is the biggest one show cased. Also capt marvel 2 isn’t even a cap marvel movie it’s pretty much a team up film of all the marvels. So I’m guessing those plans were thrown out the window ever since they got the fox characters back . You don’t even see her that much in comics like you use to.

tbh if you want a woman to be the face of the mcu then I can’t think of no better character then storm .

But it is weird tho right cause didn’t they say capt marvel will be the new face of the mcu? In this poster she’s sidelined and weirdly Peggy carter is the biggest one show cased. Also capt marvel 2 isn’t even a cap marvel movie it’s pretty much a team up film of all the marvels. So I’m guessing those plans were thrown out the window ever since they got the fox characters back . You don’t even see her that much in comics like you use to.
Larson being an obnoxious **** and Carl Manvers being Carl Manvers will do that to you. I guess they're pushing Peggy since Atwell is cheaper and people seem to like her, and with all the Captain Carter stuff, they can push her in an action role too. But yeah, even in the comics she barely appears anymore. Nobody cares. Marvel got the X-Men & FF back. They can push Sue Storm, the Phoenix, the White Queen; who's got time for Carl Manvers? What I wonder is why Wanda isn't at the forefront in that poster, considering she's the biggest female star they have ATM. Everyone likes her.

And I'm glad she got sidelined from her own sequel. Serves her right. I'm just holding out hope they get Denzel for Blue Marvel.

uipqwk1a3y351.jpg

I found his origin mini very trite and tiresome, but once Ewing got his hands on him, I really liked Reed Richards: Superman Edition. If they manage to get Denzel, it'll be GOAT casting.

tbh if you want a woman to be the face of the mcu then I can’t think of no better character then storm .
All the major X-Women can easily be pushed. Jean, Emma, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke; they all can be at the front.

I can smell some of the testosterone in here feeling personally attacked. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Sorry. That's just my jizz from wanking off.

In all seriousness though, it's just a fan poster, right? I don't see the big deal.

There was never a clear #1 named leader for the Avengers and I assume they will keep it that way.

Back