MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Shang Shi-t is out in HD now, I decided to give it a go. Meh... phase 4 is definitely not starting strong.

Would it be wrong to say I'm glad I haven't paid for any of the phase 4 stuff yet? As far as D+ shows go, the only thing I've enjoyed is the Mandalorian but that one show is not enough to get me to subscribe.
Honestly, you've pretty much missed nothing. Next 3 movies, Spidey, Strange and maybe Thor might get things back in a positive direction. I'm out on Hawkeye and meh on She Hulk. She defends superheroes so maybe there might be something there. Doubt it though.

Would it be wrong to say I'm glad I haven't paid for any of the phase 4 stuff yet? As far as D+ shows go, the only thing I've enjoyed is the Mandalorian but that one show is not enough to get me to subscribe.
I gave WandaVision a chance and that was enough. I'm not interested in the other D+ Marvel stuff.

Just give us Guardians 3 and be done. :lol

Excuse me if I’m asking or commenting in the wrong place.
But I would appreciate a clear explanation of “IMAX enhanced“ on my tv. Yesterday I signed on to Disney plus ( I‘ve had it for a month or two a couple of times in the past). I’ve googled the question but don’t seem to get an explanation that is clear to me.
I’ve tried to compare the two formats, alternating back and forth.
I see the usual “letterbox” in the widescreen format.
I see my whole television screen filled when in the “IMAX enhanced” format.
Of course I see the black bars at the top and bottom in the widescreen, but to my understanding I’m seeing the FULL picture as I would see in the movie theater.
Now , if I watch the “IMAX enhanced” and it fills my whole tv screen aren’t I cutting off information (or scenery) on the left and right side of my screen as I would if I used the “zoom” feature on my remote in the old widescreen format ?

I really enjoyed Wanda Vision. Without giving much away, it is not what it seems. You may have to give it more of a chance. I thought it quite uniques and I enjoyed it way way more than “ The Falcon and the Winter Snowman” or Loki. I also don’t intend to subscribe to Disney+ for a full year. But I subscribe for a mont or two when a library of shows is a available. e.g. I don’t subscribe when Mandolorian premieres and watch once a week. I wait till the season is near end and watch two or three episodes a week along with “Falcon “ or a movie or two and have it done within a month. PS— “The Right Stuff “ wasn’t very good at all.

But I would appreciate a clear explanation of “IMAX enhanced“ on my tv. Yesterday I signed on to Disney plus ( I‘ve had it for a month or two a couple of times in the past). I’ve googled the question but don’t seem to get an explanation that is clear to me.
Of course I see the black bars at the top and bottom in the widescreen, but to my understanding I’m seeing the FULL picture as I would see in the movie theater.
Now , if I watch the “IMAX enhanced” and it fills my whole tv screen aren’t I cutting off information (or scenery) on the left and right side of my screen as I would if I used the “zoom” feature on my remote in the old widescreen format ?
https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-imax-enhanced/

Short answer is that the previous versions were cropping the top and bottoms of the IMAX scenes but now you're finally seeing the whole picture.

Thank you Matticus,
I THINK I understand this a little better. Is the bottom line that since these films or scenes were shot with two different types of cameras at the same time that we are getting the same width as widescreen plus a greater height without distorting the character or scene ?
Do the movies that only have some scenes shot in this process shift from widescreen to full screen during these scenes ?
Is Disney only doing these with Marvel or also Star Wars and others ?

Watched IMAX IM today. Man I literally never even knew that the movie had IMAX sequences until this announcement. I always thought it was Nolan who brought IMAX footage to mainstream movies with TDK but nope! IM came out two months earlier. Go MCU, lol. :yess:

I was surprised at how many scenes were expanded and it made an already great superhero film even better. Watching it right after EG it was nice to be reminded how Stark mentions at his first press conference that he never got to say goodbye to his father.

Big question though: Why in 2008 did Jeff Bridges look *perfect* in the Iron Monger when he removed the helmet yet Mark Ruffalo looked fake as hell when doing the same in the Hulkbuster a full decade later, lol.

Big question though: Why in 2008 did Jeff Bridges look *perfect* in the Iron Monger when he removed the helmet yet Mark Ruffalo looked fake as hell when doing the same in the Hulkbuster a full decade later, lol.
Maybe a combination of vfx and actual props/costume?

Since Shang Shi-t is out in HD now, I decided to give it a go. Meh... phase 4 is definitely not starting strong.
Yep, watched it too. I figured Phase 4 would be a step back for Marvel based on their character announcements and losing big characters. I feel Marvel as a whole has put its best forward and it won't be duplicated or topped. I actually think Sony's Spider-Verse is on the rise.

Maybe a combination of vfx and actual props/costume?
Yeah, plus with IM you know they were focusing all their attention on making that final fight look good compared to Banner Hulkbuster being much less important (snicker) in the overall scheme of IW. It's still just funny to see Bridges look so spot on in his armor with Ruffalo looking like something out of the early 2000's despite being a full decade later.

Rewatched the Endgame Battle...did anyone ever stop and ask themselves what was going to happen to the gauntlet when Cap Marvel tosses it in? Does it have it's own GPS locator?

Rewatched the Endgame Battle...did anyone ever stop and ask themselves what was going to happen to the gauntlet when Cap Marvel tosses it in? Does it have it's own GPS locator?
No. They most likely would have created permanent parallel timelines that would have been left to whatever fates if The Ancient One was to be believed. But very few Avengers actually knew that amid the panicked game of keepaway they were playing in an attempt to literally save every living creature in their own universe.

No. They most likely would have created permanent parallel timelines that would have been left to whatever fates if The Ancient One was to be believed. But very few Avengers actually knew that amid the panicked game of keepaway they were playing in an attempt to literally save every living creature in their own universe.
Meanwhile a super soldier in Baltimore has something to say…

1637035662700.gif

Back