MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laughed out loud on a Zoom call when I noticed Daniella Logan in the corner, lol.

So you have a twin sister

Taun we was wise to hide her from me

I must admit I had NO IDEA who that was until you responded to Khev, then I was like Hmmm, it does look a bit like the kid who played Baby Fett* lol...

* - Not to be confused with Ginger, Posh, Scary or Sporty Fett. :D

Seen that. Seems like he is really trying to score points with the woke crowd as of late. Odd of him to be doing this all of a sudden when he barely gave you anything in interviews. Someone or some people must've got to him. Funny how when you don't follow what the comics gave you that it comes to bite you in the a$$. It's ok to replace white characters though...

He’s to caught up in the liberal woke/PC mentality.
in addition to this latest admission he also made the comment on why Dr. Strange was omitted from the WandaVision ending.
There was also complaints from fans about the Mandrin not being Asian in IM3.
It was supposedly Shane Blacks call but when pressed about the reasoning gave almost the same exact response as Feige just did about the Ancient One.
We all know that Marvel likes compliant directors who take their marching orders from Feige with out causing waves so you can bet Black and Feige had that Mandrin casting talk and decided to make it a plot twist. But now they’ve back tracked and get a do over with a Shang Chi retcon.
( Yes I know Ben Kingsley wasn’t portraying the actual Mandrin. But at the time it was considered Marvels one shot take on the Mandrin and they wanted to side step any cliche racial stereo types)

Last edited:
Seen that. Seems like he is really trying to score points with the woke crowd as of late. Odd of him to be doing this all of a sudden when he barely gave you anything in interviews. Someone or some people must've got to him. Funny how when you don't follow what the comics gave you that it comes to bite you in the a$$. It's ok to replace white characters though...

Oh gawds:slap. IMO it's more about money - trying to get untapped pools of cash from people who may have previously ignored comic book movies, and don't ask themselves questions like "does Feige really love me and my rainbow hair/nose piercing and the multiple pronouns on my Instagram?":pfft:

As for the Strange thing - d@mned if you do, and don't, etc. I like Tilda Swinton and have seen enough wise Asian men smacking stupid white people around, so I was good with it.

It's not that switching out races or sex can't work - like Nick Fury. Question is, does the casting work, or does it make the audience laugh for the wrong reasons.:cool:

Oh gawds:slap. IMO it's more about money - trying to get untapped pools of cash from people who may have previously ignored comic book movies, and don't ask themselves questions like "does Feige really love me and my rainbow hair/nose piercing and the multiple pronouns on my Instagram?":pfft:

As for the Strange thing - d@mned if you do, and don't, etc. I like Tilda Swinton and have seen enough wise Asian men smacking stupid white people around, so I was good with it.

It's not that switching out races or sex can't work - like Nick Fury. Question is, does the casting work, or does it make the audience laugh for the wrong reasons.:cool:

I like the idea of which actors best represent the role. But clearly there is sometimes where, "This is Batman, can you cast a black/asian/brown guy for it?" Apparently, WB is going for it with Superman. I like the comics and that is what they are adapting off of. To force something, people will notice. Sometimes you got to fight the public till they see it, aka Ledger, Keaton. Tilda is awesome and they shouldn't apologize for her. Clearly, the Mandarin was a bad choice story wise, but the actor was great. Some even like the twist. My friend didn't like a redhead cast as Lois Lane, that she has to be a brunette. I guess you can always keep going down the rabbit hole if you wish.

I'm going to recast matticus as a 40 something black female and read his posts accordingly.

FatherlyUnrulyBird-max-1mb.gif

So, uh, what about Chitewel Ejiofor playing Baron Mordo who's a Balkan in the comics? They didn't even do anything with Mordo. He could've been any other guy. He could've been a great Voodoo, but they raceswapped Mordo for no reason and didn't even adapt anything from the comics. But I suppose raceswapping one way is good because... reasons? And let's not pretend the casting of Swinton wasn't done specifically because the Ancient One was also, somehow, "racist" as well. Something something China and Nepal something something "all Asians are stereotypes" something something. You can't cast the Asian character properly, or it's racist. You can't raceswap them or it's racist. If the Martial Artist is Asian, it's a stereotype. If he's not Asian, it's cultural appropriation. But I suppose when it comes to casting Medieval England, then it needs to resemble Modern Day L.A. .... Tell you what, let's turn everyone into a Pansexual African-American and be done with it. Anthony & Cleopatra starring Lakeith Sanfield (or whatever he's called, the Uncut Gems guy) and Nicki Minaj ft. Donald Glover as Caesar coming in 2024...

I'm real interested to see how good She-Hulk looks. The first two Disney+ Marvel shows were definitely expensive, but neither had a lead character made entirely of CG.

I hope and pray that if this multiverse thing is real we can pull in a hulk who isn?t a ***** and wouldn?t be scared of thanos. Get Norton hulk back. Thanos would have a hard time with him

Norton Hulk and Ruffalo Hulk are supposed to be one and the same though. Eric Bana Hulk would be a different universe.....

Yeah. What we really just need is Avengers 2012 Hulk back - but Grandma Ruffalo up there might not allow it because it would seem to undo the arc Hulk had.

Back