McFarlane Toys 7" Star Trek figures (TOS, TNG and beyond...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they can blame "lack of interest" in Star Trek either...there is probably more mainstream excitement about Star Trek in general and more activity going on with the property (Discovery which regardless of what some may think of it is a big ratings success, upcoming Picard show, upcoming Section 31 show, multiple animated shows announced) than there has been in a very long time. The license is DEFINITELY more valuable today than it was when McFarlane acquired it.

You are probably right but I would prefer to tell him that if he cannot handle all of the licenses that he is taking on maybe he should slow down until he gets his business figured out.

Would it kill him to at least release a Spock figure before allowing the line to vanish?

Most of the tooling is already done, too. They were probably planning on using Kirk’s body since they made him too thin/tall, like Spock.

Oh well. RIP.

It's so ridiculous. We kept being told Spock and Burnham were coming, at least. I mean, get ONE Discovery character out there and see how it does before you bin the line. Kirk was great. Picard was okay. But both of those characters have had SO many figures.

Damn it.

Such a disappointment...McFarlane gave Walking Dead fans every background zombie that ever got shot in the head from that show...Star Trek fans got another Kirk, another Picard, and a bunch of broken promises...McFarlane has already shown more Game of Thrones figures than Trek ones and that line hasn't even been released yet! I get that these things are popular right now...but Star Trek has endured for over fifty years!

Ns9wS2D.gif

McFarlane came racing onto the scene with big promises about Star Trek figures but what is really embarrassing is that Diamond Select who they were basically supposed to be shoving aside are still doing more with Star Trek figures at this scale. The recent release of their movie Kirk and Spock figures and their upcoming Borg figure release will mean that we will have seen more releases from Diamond Select at this scale than we will have seen from McFarlane since they announced themselves as the saviors of the license.

Back