Masters of the Universe: Revolution - Netflix - NEW SEASON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the second part the other night, and thought it was ok... had some good moments. The one thing that irritated me, and maybe somebody here can explain it to me if I didn't get it..... Why was Teela as the sorceress able to leave Grayskull where other Sorceress's were bound there? Just because "I don't wanna" or the Power of friendship or something. That was the one part that I really called BS on and couldn't give a pass to. Oh, and it also makes He-man a sidekick in his own property as Sorceress is more powerful and capable... but still needs her champion.

Best line of the series though...

Fisto: I'd sure list to fist him!

@chrisstruthers He makes some valid points I think, but he wraps them up in such an extreme conservative, rage baiting way he's just as eye rolling as some of the stuff he complains about. Is there an opposite pejorative for 'woke'?

@chrisstruthers He makes some valid points I think, but he wraps them up in such an extreme conservative, rage baiting way he's just as eye rolling as some of the stuff he complains about. Is there an opposite pejorative for 'woke'?
Pretty much how I feel about him, but I’ve blocked his videos from being recommended to me, he just annoys me :lol. Hate the stupid voice he puts on too.

The last “reviewer” I’d take the word of.
I dunno, I know the Drinker reviews with a heavy anti-woke slant but based on what Veil1 said about it he's not lying about the actual content of the show....which sounds awful and I would likely reach the same conclusion as Drinker did in this instance.

I like the drinker's reviews. He injects a good amount of humour into them so they are all a bit tongue in cheek but unlike most of the 'reverse snowflake' reviewers (which I can't really stand) he does back up his points with valid criticism, normally arguing from a story telling, film structure, character actions / behaviours/ motivations and world building perspective. He also does positive reviews too and builds a case for why they are examples of good story telling versus the bad ones he reviews. He does not have an issue with strong female characters, the other day he chose V for Vendetta which has a strong female co-lead. As a published author he does have a bit more credibility to him than most youtube reviewers.

revolutingduh.png

From the announcement;

'Masters of the Universe: Revolution' is an all-new story that brings the focus to He-Man vs. Skeletor like you've never seen them before. It’s technology versus magic as He-Man and the heroic warriors face the forces of Skeletor and a deadly threat to the Planet in 'Masters of the Universe: Revolution' – the next epic chapter in the battle for Eternia.

3 out of 5 episodes in for the new season (or series, as it's listed separately on Netflix), will watch the rest after work today.

Not only is this what the first season should've been, but they're getting into some of the more lore-heavy stuff that the 2002 cartoon was flirting with just before it was cancelled. And of course, the Horde which is what 2002's third season would have covered.

I'd call this a return to form that's more grounded in the canon of the toys, '80s mini comics, and previous shows. And as someone who grew up on the 2002 series, the tone and story implications of this season are exciting.

And no, neither He-Man nor Adam are absent.

EDIT: Finished all 5 episodes. This was great.

Last edited:
It was a bit much for me. Once again Skeletor gets ultra mega god-like powers, He-Man gets an upgrade with his Love and Thunder costume, as does Teela. It was so over the top my brain started to switch off. I'm used to the simple 80s cartoon though so my He-Man tastes are more basic.

So far I like the new season aside from the weird tech type villains and the redesign of Skeletor. Also love Mark Hamill but he really is just doing his Joker voice. Didn’t do much to differentiate between Skeletor and Joker.

So far I like the new season aside from the weird tech type villains and the redesign of Skeletor. Also love Mark Hamill but he really is just doing his Joker voice. Didn’t do much to differentiate between Skeletor and Joker.
I almost always have an aversion to tech in fantasy universes. It’s weird to me.

I dunno, I know the Drinker reviews with a heavy anti-woke slant but based on what Veil1 said about it he's not lying about the actual content of the show....which sounds awful and I would likely reach the same conclusion as Drinker did in this instance.
Yeah he’s very anti woke. But let’s face it, it’s that woke agenda that has ruined these projects

Back