Masters of the Universe: Revolution - Netflix - NEW SEASON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a great review by The Critical Drinker. Pretty much sums up all you need to know.
For a female perspective and a more balanced review and one that I agree with as well. Her ideas at the end are spot on and imagine if we had actually gotten that.

Last edited:
This series is also dripping with misandry
See, this I don't understand. I'm male and very aware of Hollywood's pandering over recent years (Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Birds of Prey, the way they and their marketing were handled still makes me cringe), but nothing in this show feels like misandry. Is this what you actually believe? Because that's as hyperbolic a statement as JimCem99 suggesting you're a racist bigot for not supporting quotas and pandering.

While Teela's haircut and angsty personality had me rolling my eyes, I didn't feel like my manhood (or Adam's, Man-At-Arms, etc.) was under attack by her or Evil-Lynn (who's been scheming against Skeletor in secret since at least 200X). True, the show feels like a product of the current era, but it's also quite benign when you compare it to what else is out there -- even on Netflix. It's nothing like the socio-politically-charged film campaigns I mentioned in the paragraph above.

I could understand if Birds of Prey rubbed you the wrong way -- when filmmakers claimed the film wasn't made for men and then blamed men when the film bombed even though men comprised most of the ticket sales -- but calling MOTU Revelation misandrous is the kind of overreaction that mobilizes those types of filmmakers and justifies their beliefs.

Having that said, I agree with Laura Legends in that I would've preferred a gritty, modern take on the classic He-Man story instead. Revelation isn't bad and offers some of the escapism I enjoy, but it's far from the "Conan meets sci-fi" tale that I've been dreaming of since growing up with 200X. I'd love to see a live-action origin tale for both He-Man and Skeletor, complete with a high-end 1/6 figure line. Maybe Revelation will create enough awareness of MOTU to get us closer to that?

Last edited:
Now that would annoy me no end! I can imagine all the characters being female but they keep Rocksteady and especially Bebop as guys. Perfect set up for a lesbian crush on April too.

Last edited:
Perry White was changed with Laurence Fishburne, and Jeffrey Wright will be Jim Gordon next year in the Batman. And Zendaya is MJ, and Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury. So not the first time, and people shouldn't really care. Unless you're a real racist bigot.
They should cast Jim Carey as Falcon, recast T'Chala with Michael Fassbender and cast Miles Morales with Timothee Chalamet.

I don’t appreciate being labeled as a racist bigot because I don’t appreciate race bending in any situation, jog on 👍🏻

They should cast Jim Carey as Falcon, recast T'Chala with Michael Fassbender and cast Miles Morales with Timothee Chalamet.

I don’t appreciate being labeled as a racist bigot because I don’t appreciate race bending in any situation, jog on 👍🏻
Casting The Fass in any role is a win IMO. :lol
giphy.webp

Perry White was changed with Laurence Fishburne, and Jeffrey Wright will be Jim Gordon next year in the Batman. And Zendaya is MJ, and Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury. So not the first time, and people shouldn't really care. Unless you're a real racist bigot.

Lazy take. I think most people wouldn't care if they hadn't made it so whitewashing is the most evil thing on the planet, but now they're race swapping every white character to other races. There would be a lot less backlash if they hadn't created a giant double standard.

Of all the social justice/woke *********/cancel culture/nerd outrage/raping my childhood ********, this weekend was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I'm just....I'm so tired. It's exhausting. This constant back and forth bitching and bickering like literal 5 year old children in the backseat on a long road trip.

Out of curiosity, I attempted to watch this controversial cartoon. I turned it off after a few minutes, for a few reasons.

Number one, it was terribly written.

Number two, the art was so ugly it looked like it was drawn as grotesquely as possible on purpose, and I don't mean the monsters. I mean Teela's sneering face.

And number three....the most important reason I turned this garbage off.....IT'S HE-MAN.

He-Man is DUMB. It's just patently DUMB to the core, as a concept. The only reason it exists is cause someone at Mattel got their hands on copious amounts of blow back in the 80s. They'd take a rip and say "no no no I got it....how about a guy that SPINS AROUND??" (snooooorrrrrttt) "wait wait wait....what about a guy whose ******* NECK gets longer??" (snooorrrrttt) "Yeaaah!! And how about a giant BUMBLEBEE MAN!!"

I had all the toys as a kid. I loved them. I played with them. I made up crazy adventures for these absurd figures in my head.

But even as a child I understood that the He-Man cartoon......SUCKED. It was garbage. It was beyond garbage. Transformers, Thundercats, Voltron, MASK....those all smoked He-Man. I'd only watch He-Man while I waited for the better cartoons to come on.

The only time He-Man was any good was the 15 minutes they were actually on Eternia in the 1987 movie.

Every other attempt to take this nonsense seriously has miserably failed. Cause how the hell can you take it seriously? The only thing worse than the stupid campy crap is taking that campy crap, like the cowardly tiger and the bumbling elf, and making it all GRIMDARK and SERIOUS. It doesn't work. This crap doesn't play as a straight concept.

Yet here we've had the arguments all weekend....the Wokies defending their beloved bull dyke Teela and saying that anyone that doesn't LOVE her is a ____ist/____phobe.....the usual. All the insults that mean nothing anymore cause they use them so much.

And on the other end, you've got your edgy edgelord nerds that are protecting the valued chastity and sanctity of their beloved childhood from being tainted by the queer agenda or whatever. (Not gonna lie...that's usual me. I'm almost always nodding my head with them, agreeing with it but afraid to say anything cause then everyone will call ME a ____ist/_____phobe.)

But not this time.

Not for ******* HE-MAN.

Come on people. Star Wars...Superman/Batman.....Marvel......I get it. That I get.

But He-Man?? That's the hill people wanna die on?

Just turn this **** off and read a book or something. Andy Weir's "Project Hail Mary" is absolutely incredible.

God I'm tired. I need to get the hell off the internet for a while.

Of all the social justice/woke *********/cancel culture/nerd outrage/raping my childhood ********, this weekend was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I'm just....I'm so tired. It's exhausting. This constant back and forth bitching and bickering like literal 5 year old children in the backseat on a long road trip.

Out of curiosity, I attempted to watch this controversial cartoon. I turned it off after a few minutes, for a few reasons.

Number one, it was terribly written.

Number two, the art was so ugly it looked like it was drawn as grotesquely as possible on purpose, and I don't mean the monsters. I mean Teela's sneering face.

And number three....the most important reason I turned this garbage off.....IT'S HE-MAN.

He-Man is DUMB. It's just patently DUMB to the core, as a concept. The only reason it exists is cause someone at Mattel got their hands on copious amounts of blow back in the 80s. They'd take a rip and say "no no no I got it....how about a guy that SPINS AROUND??" (snooooorrrrrttt) "wait wait wait....what about a guy whose ******* NECK gets longer??" (snooorrrrttt) "Yeaaah!! And how about a giant BUMBLEBEE MAN!!"

I had all the toys as a kid. I loved them. I played with them. I made up crazy adventures for these absurd figures in my head.

But even as a child I understood that the He-Man cartoon......SUCKED. It was garbage. It was beyond garbage. Transformers, Thundercats, Voltron, MASK....those all smoked He-Man. I'd only watch He-Man while I waited for the better cartoons to come on.

The only time He-Man was any good was the 15 minutes they were actually on Eternia in the 1987 movie.

Every other attempt to take this nonsense seriously has miserably failed. Cause how the hell can you take it seriously? The only thing worse than the stupid campy crap is taking that campy crap, like the cowardly tiger and the bumbling elf, and making it all GRIMDARK and SERIOUS. It doesn't work. This crap doesn't play as a straight concept.

Yet here we've had the arguments all weekend....the Wokies defending their beloved bull dyke Teela and saying that anyone that doesn't LOVE her is a ____ist/____phobe.....the usual. All the insults that mean nothing anymore cause they use them so much.

And on the other end, you've got your edgy edgelord nerds that are protecting the valued chastity and sanctity of their beloved childhood from being tainted by the queer agenda or whatever. (Not gonna lie...that's usual me. I'm almost always nodding my head with them, agreeing with it but afraid to say anything cause then everyone will call ME a ____ist/_____phobe.)

But not this time.

Not for ******* HE-MAN.

Come on people. Star Wars...Superman/Batman.....Marvel......I get it. That I get.

But He-Man?? That's the hill people wanna die on?

Just turn this **** off and read a book or something. Andy Weir's "Project Hail Mary" is absolutely incredible.

God I'm tired. I need to get the hell off the internet for a while.
giphy.webp

Of the three examples, T'Challa is the worse of them, probably should have used Blade :LOL: But we get your point.

Sheman: Mistress of the Universe​

Sheman: Mistress of the Universe A spoof of the Filipino fantasy icon Ang Panday and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
[IMG alt="Click image for larger version.

Name: Sheman_ Mistress of the Universe (1988).jpg
Views: 13
Size: 100.4 KB
ID: 31287"]http://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=31287&d=1627360456&thumb=1[/IMG]

Pando is a Blacksmith who dreams of becoming a Superhero. One day his dreams came true when a gay hermit called Gayskull, who turns him into a superhero so he can save the kidnapped barrio children from the Evil Skeleton. However though, Due to Gayskull's Sexuality. This turns Pando into She-Man. And rides a giant butterfly into battle.

could have been worse kevo could seen this when he was smoking his drugs :dunno

Just seems weird to kill off your main character in the first episode…. Reaction from everyone is stupid… “he lied to me” is your reason for giving up on every one lol

Why does Teela look like a man? Female warriors can be badass without taking steroids.

Attachments

• 000hm1.jpg
    000hm1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 000hm2.jpg
    000hm2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Because people complain when a skinny woman beats up a muscle bound guy.
It's just jarring how much they mutilated her original look. Her jawline and jacked up haircut don't help either. Guess they have to be PC now even in animated fantasy based shows. Maybe she'll have a reveal at the series end like Sleepaway Camp LOL.

After Tessa Thompson as a Scandinavian Nordic Valkyrie, nothing surprises me. Anything's possible :slap

After Tessa Thompson as a Scandinavian Nordic Valkyrie, nothing surprises me. Anything's possible :slap
You should have known what to expect with the MCU after Heimdall and Nick Fury, or is it only because woman?

Back