Masters of the Universe: Revolution - Netflix - NEW SEASON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ertha Kit meant Catwoman was black in the 60s. What's your point?
Well, how is He Man even related to him? Originally, King Grayskull looked like He Man because he was He Man's ancestor.

It's just stupid, might as well have He Man shout, "By the Power of Black Lives Matter! I have the power!!" At least be open with your agendas. Go all in and make He Man black. That goes for the gay baiting characters too. Have them be gay instead of tip toeing around it.

Last edited:
Well, how is He Man even related to him? Originally, King Grayskull looked like He Man because he was He Man's ancestor.

It's just stupid, might as well have He Man shout, "By the Power of Black Lives Matter! I have the power!!" At least be open with your agendas. Go all in and make He Man black. That goes for the gay baiting characters too. Have them be gay instead of tip toeing around it.
This is 100 percent correct. Even Uber woke Grace Randolph sees that there is gay baiting characters in this and according to accepted He-Man lore, King Grayskull is an ancestor of He-Man who is white. They are even always represented to look like each other. Should have just gone all in and made the characters in question gay, and He-Man black. Pretty much the entire series thus far centers on its female characters. This series is also dripping with misandry with Teela and Evil-Lyn. This will be one of those series that will be very polarizing. People will either love it hate it. Even if you buy into all the wokeness of it, I don’t get how you get around Tesla’s reaction to finding out He-Man’s secret. She acts like a total selfish brat. Even when faced with queen Marlena and Randor, she acts like her hurt feelings are more important than a parent losing their only child. Like WTF in a series that has a lot of those moments

I assume you are both aware of genetics and how you can have black ancestors and still be white? I get that people are mad about race swapping for the millionth time. Does it REALLY matter though?

I assume you are both aware of genetics and how you can have black ancestors and still be white? I get that people are mad about race swapping for the millionth time. Does it REALLY matter though?
It's their reasoning for doing it that bothers me. Had they done that from the beginning when they introduced King Grayskull 20 years ago, then it wouldn't be a problem. It's the constant woke pandering and identity politics in today's media that bothers me. There's no reason or logic behind it, just doing it because these are the times we're living in, so the hell with logic, lore, or any real creative reason for a change. Nope, let's race swap characters, gender bend them, make side characters main characters because of their gender. Let's take a show called He MAN that was made specifically for boys and remove most of the men and and make it a female centric story. That's sounds familiar...oh, SW did that when Kennedy made the "Force is female" for a new generation of "fans."

Well in 20 years time when all the old IPs have been changed and all the new ones will be equal from the get go, everyone will be used to seeing one of each demographic on screen and all the frustration and outrage will die down.

I don't follow new comic book MOTU lore but since this show is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the Filmation series He-Man and King Grayskull aren't related.

Adam is the son of Marlena from Earth and King Randor. He-Man is just Adam's "champion" form and not a descendant of Grayskull.

I don't follow new comic book MOTU lore but since this show is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the Filmation series He-Man and King Grayskull aren't related.

Adam is the son of Marlena from Earth and King Randor. He-Man is just Adam's "champion" form and not a descendant of Grayskull.
That's not the point, Khev!! Goshh! Go back to sailing! :LOL:

It’s more a spiritual sequel to the entire lore not just the filmation series. Technically, this is kinda of a amalgamation of all of he man. Originally, I think you were correct.

https://citigist.com/entertainment/...mith-brings-ultimate-he-man-story-to-netflix/

They made King Grayskull black. :LOL:

Wasn't that within the 200X canon? Was familial relation even hinted or implied within the Revelation canon?
Add to the fact that King Grayskull being black wouldn't intrinsically nullify any potential for the two to be related
if Grayskull is several generations removed from Adam.

It's their reasoning for doing it that bothers me. Had they done that from the beginning when they introduced King Grayskull 20 years ago, then it wouldn't be a problem. It's the constant woke pandering and identity politics in today's media that bothers me. There's no reason or logic behind it, just doing it because these are the times we're living in, so the hell with logic, lore, or any real creative reason for a change. Nope, let's race swap characters, gender bend them, make side characters main characters because of their gender. Let's take a show called He MAN that was made specifically for boys and remove most of the men and and make it a female centric story. That's sounds familiar...oh, SW did that when Kennedy made the "Force is female" for a new generation of "fans."

Unlikely, but why should it even be a problem now? especially if its a total different canon from the current iteration of the brand. Grayskull made a single appearance in a defunct canon 20 years ago. Revelation essentially deviated from many elements, including the importance of the actual Castle. Of all the things that were problematic in Revelation that was the one you singled out.

Last edited:
Its unfortunate that you have to actually explain this. As prevalent and annoying as agenda driven pandering has become, the superficial benign change of a character that's only had a single appearance from another canon of MOTU isn't something to be that critical of.

Last edited:
Wasn't that within the 200X canon? Was familial relation even hinted or implied within the Revelation canon?
Add to the fact that King Grayskull being black wouldn't intrinsically nullify any potential for the two to be related
if Grayskull is several generations removed from Adam.

Ah, so that's the problem you have, by making Grayskull black that intrinsically implies some type BLM agenda:rolleyes:
If that was the only thing then there would be no issue. It’s the culmination of a lot of things pandering to various agendas. They changed it for a reason though. What would that reason be? To have more representation of course. The entire Teela story line is a bit too #Metoo. The focus of the story on her and her gross over reaction to adam keeping his secret from her. It was way over the top and made her seem so selfish and uncaring. The interactions between her and evil lyn were misandry. You know the men in their lives keeping them down. And I didn’t care for the Grayskull being an illusion either. The most iconic building in Masters of the Universe is fake. Too many attempts to subvert your expectations in this short first part of the series. Too many game of thrones moments with killing off characters. Not to mention he man barely being in this thing. And his sacrifice barely gets noticed here, because of Teela can’t get over Adam keeping his secret from her.

If that was the only thing then there would be no issue. It’s the culmination of a lot of things pandering to various agendas. They changed it for a reason though. What would that reason be? To have more representation of course. The entire Teela story line is a bit too #Metoo. The focus of the story on her and her gross over reaction to adam keeping his secret from her. It was way over the top and made her seem so selfish and uncaring. The interactions between her and evil lyn were misandry. You know the men in their lives keeping them down.
I highly doubt it wouldn't be a source of contention for some however it was the one initially singled out of all the problematic issues the series had. Granted I'm sure that representation did factor in but it was superfluous to say the least especially when they had an appearance by Clamp Champ for the very first time in animation and could have actually utilized him.

I didn’t care for the Grayskull being an illusion either. The most iconic building in Masters of the Universe is fake. Too many attempts to subvert your expectations in this short first part of the series. Too many game of thrones moments with killing off characters. Not to mention he man barely being in this thing. And his sacrifice barely gets noticed here, because of Teela can’t get over Adam keeping his secret from her.

I agree with this sentiment. Its a fundamental alteration to the Castle's importance within the overall lore. Given the Castle's importance to the brand I can see why this would upset many fans and why it would be worth mentioning. Assuming they're suppose to be related, racially altering Grayskull doesn't fundamentally alter anything, its purely cosmetic and wouldn't negate any possibility of him being a kinsman to Adam.

Last edited:
Perry White was changed with Laurence Fishburne, and Jeffrey Wright will be Jim Gordon next year in the Batman. And Zendaya is MJ, and Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury. So not the first time, and people shouldn't really care. Unless you're a real racist bigot.

Perry White was changed with Laurence Fishburne, and Jeffrey Wright will be Jim Gordon next year in the Batman. And Zendaya is MJ, and Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury. So not the first time, and people shouldn't really care. Unless you're a real racist bigot.
So if you care about how classic characters are represented then you are a racist. So tired of people painting others as a racist bigot because they care about the aesthetics of an established character. Say Superman for instance, Micheal B Jordan is pitching a Superman show for HBO Max staring himself as Superman. If you aren’t on board for that, you are a racist. That’s a ridiculous statement. Personally, I didn’t care for King Grayskull being black but it wasn’t a deal breaker though. Did it actually serve the story making him black? Was the best actor chosen for the role to get the best performance out of him? Of course not, it’s just pandering to a certain audience. My main issues are story related anyway. Everyone here wants to hitch their wagon to this issue that people have with it because they can just easily paint that individual as a racist. Typical ad hominem tactic.

I wouldn't be so quick to call those that feel or express a reasonable distaste for racial changes of characters with long established iconography as intrinsic bigots. even if some legitimate ones actually do slither into the discussions from time to time. To be fair many fans of color are vocally critical of these changes because of the true intentions behind them.

So if you care about how classic characters are represented then you are a racist. So tired of people painting others as a racist bigot because they care about the aesthetics of an established character. Say Superman for instance, Micheal B Jordan is pitching a Superman show for HBO Max staring himself as Superman. If you aren’t on board for that, you are a racist. That’s a ridiculous statement. Personally, I didn’t care for King Grayskull being black but it wasn’t a deal breaker though. Did it actually serve the story making him black? Was the best actor chosen for the role to get the best performance out of him? Of course not, it’s just pandering to a certain audience. My main issues are story related anyway. Everyone here wants to hitch their wagon to this issue that people have with it because they can just easily paint that individual as a racist. Typical ad hominem tactic.

Depends on the particular Superman, if you're talking about characters like Calvin Ellis then fine. However if we're referring to traditional Clark Kent/Kal-El then yes, keep the same iconography or visual aesthetics he's had for damn near a century. Personally I thought the Revelation design was far more interesting than 200X making him a literal carbon copy of He-Man, only slightly bigger with longer hair, and given the brevity of his original animated appearance shouldn't be an issue but I digress.

Last edited:
Back