Masters of the Universe: Revolution - Netflix - NEW SEASON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based & Fitpilled. Just make sure you've even bigger than her. You gotta eat big, to get big. Eat bigger, get bigger. Eat the biggest, get the biggest.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yup! Whatever it takes, gawd damn it. Right babe? Always confuse the body!! :lol Ah, Rich... Piano, my favorite natty bodybuilder. RIP. :angelsmil

Agreed.

Is that a fact or are you guessing? I ask because I would imagine that's a studio decision, not an actor's decision.

I've seen a few articles about actresses and equal pay, but I don't remember the details.

I've seen a few articles about actresses and equal pay, but I don't remember the details.

What I meant was do we know of any female actors who specifically refused to put in the work at the gym? That just sounds off to me. High level female celebrities already have nutritionists and personal trainers.

My guess ? and it?s only a guess ? is that studios don?t want them jacked up because they don?t think they?ll have mass sex appeal if they?re too powerfully built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What I meant was do we know of any female actors who specifically refused to put in the work at the gym? That just sounds off to me. High level female celebrities already have nutritionists and personal trainers.

My guess ? and it?s only a guess ? is that studios don?t want them jacked up because they don?t think they?ll have mass sex appeal if they?re too powerfully built.

This is my thinking as well. There are muscular actresses out there (and I mean proper actresses, not just powerlifters or martial artists that went into film), but they're not cast very often presumably due to lack of appeal. Most women don't want to look like Jessica Biel and there's a surprising number of men out there who don't like her build either. I think they're crazy, but there it is.

Based & Fitpilled. Just make sure you've even bigger than her. You gotta eat big, to get big. Eat bigger, get bigger. Eat the biggest, get the biggest.

maxresdefault.jpg

I see your four scoops and raise you one Brofessor.

tenor.gif

Live large, die large, leave a giant coffin.

I see your four scoops and raise you one Brofessor.

tenor.gif

Live large, die large, leave a giant coffin.

I see your Brofessor and raise you a Bloatlord.

maxresdefault.jpg

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nobody beats the self proclaimed natural bodybuilder Mike Ohearn. He's shredded, 275 pounds, and in his 50's. He looks like a Fuuukin superhero and he's "natural" :lol

My hero. :lol

He would have made a good live action He Man, if he could act.

thanks for the info, all. I will watch the show then determine what I think. Teela is a strong character, so I'll give the show a chance. I want it to be good. Making her gay/bi is just so 2021. And he-man sidelined is a concerning storyline for the debut story arch.

Art looks good. While i am not a fan of celeb voices just cause they are celebs, I will give them all a chance. Exception being Mark Hamill. A legit voice actor and hope his Skeletor does not sound Joker-ish.

Given that the 'she-ra' show had a healthy run, I am ok with a potential sidelined He-man if they get the same audience who watched She-Ra to watch this one. Next arch and on featuring he-man. I can see the angle they could be working for ratings. And you know what? If it works and we get a long run with a great show overall, let's she how this goes. I do hope we get Teela in her classic look more than the new costume.

Please don't suck!

If Mattel is losing the license in 2022, I am gonna be honest: hope the 4 Horsemen take over and do anything they want with the line. Those guys are AMAZING.

Nobody beats the self proclaimed natural bodybuilder Mike Ohearn. He's shredded, 275 pounds, and in his 50's. He looks like a Fuuukin superhero and he's "natural" :lol

My hero. :lol

He would have made a good live action He Man, if he could act.

In his 50s? Even if not natural, its still hard work. No pill makes anyone look like that. Damn, I turn 50 in Dec and people say I don't look a day over 71! (need to hit the gym)

teela.jpg

this pic is just awesome.

Who is Kevin Smith and whats so bad about him?

Ask 100 people and you will get very, very different answers. He's alright. Main thing for me: he has not lived up to the hype of 'one of us' being a filmmaker. He started strong and seems to just kinda suck more now at projects he does. I can't think of the last really great thing he did. I want to say Clerks 2, but it was just ok for me.

Last edited:
In his 50s? Even if not natural, its still hard work. No pill makes anyone look like that. Damn, I turn 50 in Dec and people say I don't look a day over 71! (need to hit the gym)

Yeah, steroid aren't a magic pill that makes people look like Arnold. You have to work hard and have a good diet. But the most important thing, great genetics. I can take all the steroid in the world, and never look like any of those guys. I'll look significantly better than I would naturally, but steroids just enhances what's already in you.

Yeah, steroid aren't a magic pill that makes people look like Arnold. You have to work hard and have a good diet. But the most important thing, great genetics. I can take all the steroid in the world, and never look like any of those guys. I'll look significantly better than I would naturally, but steroids just enhances what's already in you.

I'm in the same boat......and agreed.

Daaaaaaaayum. If they can bypass all the rumored woke crap then this could be awesome. Reminds me of GI Joe Resolute or the 2011 Thundercats series.

Daaaaaaaayum. If they can bypass all the rumored woke crap then this could be awesome. Reminds me of GI Joe Resolute or the 2011 Thundercats series.
It does look pretty good (to me anyway, I have no prior attachment to this franchise), and the animation is by the same studio as Castlevania so at least the animation will be amazing if nothing else.

From what I heard, this'll jump into the future in later Eps. and that's when the woke crap starts. But if the entire series is like what is shown in that trailer than I think this could be awesome, as long as it doesn't include the holding out for a hero song.

It's no secret that over the last ten years, long-existing franchises have been altered to mirror the issues of the day, often with crappy results that fail to impress either camp. But fookin' hell, it's gotten people's radars so sensitive that the second they see an undercut on a woman (or a woman at all), they assume the worst and cry "woke!" like cuckoo clocks, which is equally annoying to listen to. Even the crowd that started the trend doesn't use that word anymore. The only people I hear it from are its detractors and they wind up introducing politics into the discussion while claiming they're tired of getting political. :lol

We don't know what will happen in the show, but bracing oneself for the woke boogeyman is as silly as thinking you're fighting fascism by shaving the head of a cartoon character.

Last edited:
Some additional insight from Kevin Smith on the new show. I don't think his ideas are mutually exclusive, for the record. Most episodes from the previous shows started with characters other than He-Man getting into trouble and he'd show up to rescue them. I'm thinking that's what we'll get here, but the whole 10-episode run will serve as one long story.

Again, all speculation until it airs.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Title Explained By Kevin Smith​

https://screenrant.com/masters-universe-revelation-kevin-smith-title-explained-netflix/
Revelation in the title – Masters of the Universe: Revelation – refers to Teela’s journey. Teela finds out something about her that was hinted at in the old legacy show. And that’s a kernel that we blew out and really played with in this show. So the revelation in question really has to do with Teela. And that’s because, if you remember the old show, at the very beginning, they would talk about, ‘Only three others know his secret.’ And it was like, the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, and Orko, as well as Cringer. Teela, who He-Man fought [with] side-by-side, and Teela, who protected Adam when he wasn’t He-Man, was always left out of that. She was kept in the dark like Lois Lane. So our approach for the story was like, ‘What happens if she finds out? What happens when she learns who He-Man really is? And what if she learned that not from him confessing?’ It wasn’t him going, ‘You know what, I think you can handle this.’ It was by way of the adventure, of the epic. Something happens that kind of breaks everybody’s world and all the revelations are revealed.

How - and Why - Netflix's Masters of the Universe Differs From She-Ra​

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-masters-of-the-universe-she-ra-different/
We did not have a kind of creative, let’s call it, freedom to reinvent the franchise the way that She-Ra did and did it brilliantly. [Noelle Stevenson’s] She-Ra cartoon played to a lot more people than it probably ever would have played to if they just kept it in its original incarnation. But She-Ra, even in its era, wasn’t as well known as He-Man and the Masters of the Universe so there’s more room for creativity there. And in fact, that’s what they were allowed to do. To be honest with you, I wouldn’t have taken the job if they were like, 'You get to reinvent He-Man and the Masters of the Universe," he said. "I’m really not that creative. I would not be the guy you’d tap to reinvent something. But if you want to keep it going lovingly, true to the franchise and just growing up the characters a little bit so their conversations are a little more adult-oriented? [I’m your guy.]

Last edited:
Back