Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait once the line officially ends.

yep

alot of the older issues are in people's collection's and the secondary market has dried up on them commanding higher prices.Even when the line ends,prices will still be high because of the very low production run on these

I disagree. I think the prices will peak March-ish of 2014, just after Castle Grayskull. People will move on to the next thing at some point.

The recent price spike is from new collectors brought in by Grayskull. This will pass at some point, probably a few months after the Castle is released.

I'm thinking this is more likely a scenario than the prices continuing to rise. MOTU is not a constant brand, it comes back, then disappears again. After the 200x line ended, the prices on the secondary market pretty much fell off. I see a similar situation here.

I'm thinking this is more likely a scenario than the prices continuing to rise. MOTU is not a constant brand, it comes back, then disappears again. After the 200x line ended, the prices on the secondary market pretty much fell off. I see a similar situation here.

Yeah, I mean, there are really two kinds of collectors:
You have the people who buy for nostalgia. These are the people who prefer the 1970s Star Wars Toys and the original Castle Grayskull.
Then you have the people who want the new and ultra-cool thing. This line will continue to have nostalgia, but it will at some point cease to be the new and cool thing.
He-Man figures will not magically go up and up in value forever. There's a bubble right now caused by an unexpected new wave of fans unable to buy the core characters easily. I'm not saying that Fisto won't still be worth money in 10 years, but not $100.
At some point, a wave of people will fall out of love with the figures and want to cash in. They'll want to display something newer and see how much money they can get. Then prices will crash.

Last edited:
I agree, while more scarce than the 200x line they're still not all that scarce and after the line is over, pretty much everyone who wants the figures will have them and like you say, a fair number will want to sell them.

I wonder if the width of the line might also hurt prices long term? There may be a limited number of each figure, but there are soooo many figures. I've been collecting since December and I'm up to 25 now. I imagine having 50 is not considered a lot by your average MOTUC collector. 50 figures require a LOT of space. The time will come when a significant number of collectors want their cabinets for something else and the products will go up for sale.

Yeah space, not a lack of interest or lack of money is what has kept my interest in the line focussed on my favorite faction, the Evil Horde.

Not so sure. 200X might not be a good example. That was a retail brand, and they made MANY more of those figures made. I honestly think the only thing that will kill interest in MOTUC is if something better than MOTUC with these classic looks comes out, and I don't think that'll happen. I fully expect anything in the future to be based on a movie or have a different look. I mean, it's hard to say... but that seems more likely.

Sure it was a retail line… but how many of those retail figures were bought by adult collectors, because those are the only ones being sold on the secondary market. I would think those numbers are fairly close to the number of MOTUC figures being bought.

I would expect MOTUC to hold up better than 200X if for no other reason than they are simply FAR better figures. That has to count for something.

With the new "wave" of collectors because of Castle Grayskull: I wonder if they'll eventually re-release all the figures. Fisto, Sorceress, etc... Even though they said they wouldn't. I also really question how many new collectors there are just because of the Castle Grayskull release. I mean if you have any interest in He-Man or any action figures for that matter, you'd have to have been hiding under a rock the past 4+ years to not know about MOTU Classics.

Not so sure. 200X might not be a good example. That was a retail brand, and they made MANY more of those figures made. I honestly think the only thing that will kill interest in MOTUC is if something better than MOTUC with these classic looks comes out, and I don't think that'll happen. I fully expect anything in the future to be based on a movie or have a different look. I mean, it's hard to say... but that seems more likely.

Yep...apparently there is more people wanting these than there is to go around,especially the heavy hitters....

because this line is the best incarnation of the beloved MOTU characters,I don't see value dropping on most of these figures in a long while...besides there is no way you'll ever get to buy Fisto and Sorceress etc at $20 ever again...so those who have them will always be pure win if they ever sell them

With the new "wave" of collectors because of Castle Grayskull: I wonder if they'll eventually re-release all the figures. Fisto, Sorceress, etc... Even though they said they wouldn't. I also really question how many new collectors there are just because of the Castle Grayskull release. I mean if you have any interest in He-Man or any action figures for that matter, you'd have to have been hiding under a rock the past 4+ years to not know about MOTU Classics.

I had no idea the line existed before I saw the CG thread. I mean, it's not like it's advertised or carried in any stores. I don't know a single person who owns one. I'm not sure how anyone finds out about it!

I doubt they'll re-release ALL of the figures, but they should re-release the out of print core figures IMO. The fact that Beast-Man and Teela can't be had for reasonable prices is crazy.

Yeah, I mean, there are really two kinds of collectors:
You have the people who buy for nostalgia. These are the people who prefer the 1970s Star Wars Toys and the original Castle Grayskull.
Then you have the people who want the new and ultra-cool thing. This line will continue to have nostalgia, but it will at some point cease to be the new and cool thing.
He-Man figures will not magically go up and up in value forever. There's a bubble right now caused by an unexpected new wave of fans unable to buy the core characters easily. I'm not saying that Fisto won't still be worth money in 10 years, but not $100.
At some point, a wave of people will fall out of love with the figures and want to cash in. They'll want to display something newer and see how much money they can get. Then prices will crash.

This is a very sound assessment I think.

I don't think MOTUC will be worth peanuts or anything, but it will cool off at some point, no doubt.

That is pretty damn awesome!! Kinda glad they aren't in the sub, even though they would have been better then the fighting foe men.
Glad to see they are being made either way :D

neet looking, and nicely done. Excelent use of Trap-jaw parts. are those NEW torso parts, or is that armor? Curious how "rock mode" works. That said, Not sure how thyy count as a "cross-over" piece. unless there is another SDCC piece for MOTUC.

neet looking, and nicely done. Excelent use of Trap-jaw parts. are those NEW torso parts, or is that armor? Curious how "rock mode" works. That said, Not sure how thyy count as a "cross-over" piece. unless there is another SDCC piece for MOTUC.

Armor pieces are snap-on but they have armor over the torso's from what it looks like.The lower legs fold down while the rock pieces are snapped on for transformation

and there is suppose to be another exclusive- light hope

Back