Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that hint also and have no idea who else they could be referring to. Lighthope makes sense, but I would be surprised to see that and a Rock Warriors 2-pack at SDCC. I wouldn't complain though. An exclusive is a much better spot for a character like Lighthope than being in the subscription.

We shall see....the rumor has always been two exclusives

I really want Rokkon and Stonedar now

bcrduke from he-man.org...
:lol

But teemu will deny it...

I know you worship him,but I saw it...but he has also been wrong too which you deny

I Never saw him guess Ram Man,nor Mantenna,nor castsapella,nor Octavia and many others I posted in the past :) deal with it!!

Similar to Horde Prime would be my guess...
That went from this:
holiday01.JPG

and this:
micah00.JPG

To this:

hordeprime20_full.jpg

Still... at least Horde Prime had some humanoid features...

Light hope...
well... not so much!

shera_light_hope1.jpg

Man it sucks so much they removed almost all the paint from Horde Prime. I'm not used to seeing him like that since I painted mine like the original prototype.

Man it sucks so much they removed almost all the paint from Horde Prime. I'm not used to seeing him like that since I painted mine like the original prototype.

I did the same thing, but also painted his hands red, and his face like Hordak.

Yeah that would have been a nice touch.

I think MOTU Classics is one of the best line of action figures to come out over the past 20 years. I love the exclusive nature of these figures not being at retail and online only. The line has not been without its issues. Day-of ordering problems. QC issues. Digital River...But all in all these figures are nothing short of fantastic.

Up until about 5 years ago, I was pretty much an exclusive Star Wars collector. I remember picking up an issue of Toy Fare in what would have been middle of 2008 I guess ?... Anyway I remember reading the article about the upcoming MOTU classics line and feeling that instant nostalgia that everyone here feels at times. I was a big He-Man collector as a kid and after reading that article I decided I would have to branch out from Star Wars and get in on this new line of Masters figures.

Fast forward to the release of He-Man and Beastman. I remember ordering them and then realizing that I had spent like $45 on two figures. It was just to much I thought. So the next day: I call Matty and cancel my order because it hadn't yet shipped. No problem they say. Well with DR being DR and having the customer service we're all used to now, my order wasn't properly canceled. About a week later, of course, He-Man and Beast-Man arrive a my front door. I was mad at first. Then I opened the box and saw those two figures. I was blown away at how great they looked. Instant nostalgia again and well worth $20 each I thought to myself.

So here I am pushing 5 years later. I've been a sub holder since day 1. I have every figure that's been made with the exception of Grannymyr. (Who I'll pick up eventually) I don't know why I shared this story. It's just funny how things happen. Because if my original cancellation had gone through...I would have missed out on this entire line of great action figures. And I'd probably still be buying crappy re-release after re-release of hasbro Star Wars figures right now.

good story...these are some of the best action figures out there for sure

I was hesitant collecting these too in the very beggining until I got them in hand or it least made my decision to buy 2 of each easy

:lecture :goodpost:

I remember seeing that He-man prototype in the Mattel case at SDCC 2007 and hoping these figures would get made. I filled out the survey Mattel was sending around and responded that I would be willing to pay a premium for this type of MOTU figure no problem. The best part is I never have to step foot in a Walmart for these figures :exactly:

:lecture :goodpost:

I remember seeing that He-man prototype in the Mattel case at SDCC 2007 and hoping these figures would get made. I filled out the survey Mattel was sending around and responded that I would be willing to pay a premium for this type of MOTU figure no problem. The best part is I never have to step foot in a Walmart for these figures :exactly:

honestly,the toy stores of today SUCK! there will never be a time like it was in the 80's

Toys Arn't Us,Walfart and Targay toy departments should all be ashamed of themselves.You want the "good" toys,you have no choice but to buy online.plus it saves Gas,wear and tear on the car,aggravation,and wasting time looking and never finding.

So today is the 26th! Didn't Scott say roughly a week and a half that he was sending the SDCC exclussives to get photoed? Don't they have digital?

Its really mind boggling to me some of the prices the rarer figures are going for. $150 for a loose Shadow Weaver or Fisto!?!? I'm seriously tempted to sell some of mine.

Just wait once the line officially ends.

I disagree. I think the prices will peak March-ish of 2014, just after Castle Grayskull. People will move on to the next thing at some point.

The recent price spike is from new collectors brought in by Grayskull. This will pass at some point, probably a few months after the Castle is released.

Back