MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His character arc has so much nuance that it has elevated every single one of his scenes from every MCU movie!

Re-watching those movies that he’s in is gonna feel different now and very very rewarding.

This ending is next level craftsmanship in the MCU.
YES! I just finished this and thought it was fantastic. I love that it perfectly functions as a true "finale" to the MCU and not only made Loki stealing the Tesseract in EG worth it but is now a better send-off than if his story had ended when Thanos snapped his neck. They redeemed everything questionable from Season 1 (even body positive black lady was cool!) and had me on the edge of my seat (which almost never happens even in a lot of the better Infinity Saga movies) about characters that I really grew to love (except Sylvie, lol but even she turned out all right in the end.)

I'm blown away that we got such quality post-EG and in a way that doesn't need to be tethered to anything that comes after.

I think this show might make for a more epic and satisfying finale for the MCU than even Endgame. :thud:It definitely had more consistent quality than EG and less plot holes--no "clipping the branches" off-screen via questionable methods, they gave a nice montage as to how everything was validly managed.

Loki is absolutely one of the greatest characters in the MCU now.

It even retroactively made Hulk cooler for smashing the door that sent the Tesseract flying which ended up resulting in countless timelines and lives being saved.

This was Marvel's The Batman/Andor.

Only 2 episodes in myself. So far the production quality is better than many of the actual MCU movies of late. The acting is good for the most part and the story is making me want to continue. There were a few weak elements in the writing (like why did they immediately reaveal that they were bluffing to X5 or whatever his name was before he actually gave them any info? Terrible interrogation tactics as now he should know not to tell them anything because they won't go through with actual torture) but for the most part the show screams quality, something the MCU has lacked for quite some time.

If the show improves it may become the MCU's Andor. Underrated future franchise defining cult classic.

So I saw on YouTube someone talking about Tom Hiddleston said on Friday I believe, or at least insinuated that he won't be back to reprise his role as Loki.

Ok it was with Jimmy Fallon:

"It all comes full circle,” he said. “It's the conclusion to Seasons One and Two, and it's also the conclusion to six films and 12 episodes and 14 years of my life."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Glad he's among my rather limited Marvel collection in that case. I don't even have a Thor yet.

I still haven't watched this season but very curious about it after the praise its been getting in general.
I myself was skeptical after hearing a lot of praise since I didn't even love Season 1 enough to watch all the episodes. I think I skipped two episodes entirely toward the end and then only watched the last two because my son was finishing it. I didn't care for how it started out (the TVA just seemed weird and large black women pushing around the established white male lead just felt like eye-rolling Disney agenda crap at the time) but I ended up thinking that it ended well enough (though I thought Jonathan Majors' antics were pretty goofy at times.)

So it was with some trepidation that I decided to see what all the fuss over Season 2 was about and...holy crap. Off the charts. My son and I were talking about the finale off and on for hours after it was over. Then a friend of mine texted me afterward saying that he thought that the final two episodes were some of the best writing of *anything* from the MCU, including the films. And it really was IMO. Imagine Endgame but with no loose threads, plot-holes or cringy girl power moments. This is as good of a finale to the MCU as I could have ever wanted.

The only issue might be that it's somewhat similar to Andor in that it's not a super toyetic or collectible friendly series which for us of course is a big part of the fun. But stakes, characters, and story? Like I said, off the charts. Very curious to hear what you think.

EDIT: Oh and if possible I'd avoid spoilers from here on out (assuming everything hasn't been spoiled already.) I say that because there were some genuine surprises that really added to the emotional punch that unfolded in organic and clever ways, not the tired subverting expectations just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Loki Season 2 after Endgame...?

This is an elaborate trick to get me to watch it. Y'all are in on it...

I just watched (FF thru) Blue Beetle. I think I'm official done with superhero (cape) movies.

I don't have Disney so I can't watch Loki 2.
Oh, then Blue Beetle will make an adequate enough swan song for superhero entertainment.

giphy.gif

Back