Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D687E802-8F79-487F-B0E5-B8A30E73F5B8.jpeg

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marve...-arrest-for-alleged-assault-a201291#gs.t2fg5w
Last month, filmmaker A.B. Allen (Rough Draft) took to Twitter to mention an unnamed actor who "is a vicious, cruel, abusive human being, both professionally and in his personal life." Now, Allen has confirmed they were talking about Majors but declined to share more as it would "expose people who have been hurt."

Society Theatre co-founder and Broadway actor/director Tim Nicolai elaborated on that by stating, "folks at Yale and the broader NYC community have known about him for years. He’s a sociopath and abuser and that is how virtually everyone speaks about him."

Quizzed on why he, and others, haven't spoken out sooner, Nicolai put it down to the fact "a victim [needed] to come forward," adding: "A bunch of us are close with people (and sometimes multiple people) he has directly harmed...Literally people [Jonathan Majors] did this to are texting me right now. It’s not ‘I heard.'"

So it's another case of, "he's (allegedly) a POS, but I'll sit on it and let someone else call him out on it."

So it's another case of, "he's (allegedly) a POS, but I'll sit on it and let someone else call him out on it."
It's not always that easy. I've worked on a couple of shows now with a very toxic individual; I don't know if they're sociopaths but they at the very least have some serious mental health issues that make them harmful to co-workers to varying degrees.

The best people can do is not hire this individual again (and they don't, but it's a big industry) unless a victim steps forward with both (a) evidence and (b) is willing to go through a lot of public conflict instead of ... doing their life's work and making money in tough economic times.

Add in the realpolitik aspect of going up against someone who's maybe marginalized in some way or checking one or more current socio-political hot button boxes, and it gets very murky, very fast.

(Please note that I do not make the statement in the paragraph above lightly; there are all kinds of people with genuine grievances who deserve respect and fair treatment; but realistically there is the odd individual who will use the current climate to their advantage with enthusiasm).

Hollywood is a big place with a lot of money changing hands, and I'm sure it has no shortage of unsavoury characters that are able to navigate that space quite well.

Hmm another Ezra killer situation perhaps. Crazy. I mean it’s very messy. But I want to know the full story before I seen him a horrible person

Recast incoming

Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Nicholas Cage, Christian Slater, Mel Gibson, Mickey Rourke, Alec Baldwin, Wesley Snipes and yes even Terrence Howard

It's happened before and people still have careers in Hollywood. You could argue, and it's grim for some people, that Gibson was less held to the fire for claims of domestic abuse than for his "other viewpoints"

John Singleton probably only gets a pass now because he has a slightly hit show, Snowfall, that he created before his death. And, of course, he's dead now. So can't kick a guy anymore after that.

If it's a single situation and there are no others OR the others are quietly buried away, then I think Majors will still be viable for the MCU. Odds are that this was a timed release by Marvel. They knew it was coming and just got out ahead of the story so it couldn't be used later down the road. The Avengers films are far enough away in time where people will forget and move on and be enraged at other scandals.

The DCEU is trying that with Ezra Miller right now. Just waiting. Time for people to move on to the next thing. I'm not saying that's fair or right, but it happens.

Hugh Grant got caught with a hooker and like drugs in a car, and he simply "rebranded" into a more edgy bad boy character instead of the goofy bumbling innocent handsome guy who steps over all his own words.

*insert snarky Mads Mikkeksen gif here*, and all that. 🙄

Timing is everything, no pun intended. My mind is blown at the sequence of events and how they’re playing out, so I don’t know if this is a witch-hunt or people trying to reveal the man behind the curtain.
If it's a single situation and there are no others OR the others are quietly buried away, then I think Majors will still be viable for the MCU. Odds are that this was a timed release by Marvel. They knew it was coming and just got out ahead of the story so it couldn't be used later down the road. The Avengers films are far enough away in time where people will forget and move on and be enraged at other scandals.
This I definitely agree with. One thing’s for sure, these Hollywood cats usually have good lawyers, as they’re already trying to build evidence against the accuser. They’re protecting their long term investment, maybe, but there’s also the easy excuse of “It’s a Multiverse, Bro 🤷🏾‍♂️” just in case this goes south and they need a recast.

Back