Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say this…

We are now up to Eternals, Starfox, Black Knight and Moon Knight while WB is giving us are you ready……

another Batman movie :yess:

Make that TWO Batman movies because just one is not good enough lol :yess: :yess:
You forgot batgirl and Batman featuring flash! I love Batman but come on

I actually loved the movie. I`ve seen much worse from Marvel (first Thor for example). I didn`t like Eternals trailer and didn`t want to watch it, but friends said it was really good, and I checked, and I liked it. The entire concept to skip solos and make a movie about a family, a team was quite nice. They have the same job, but they are all so different. The way their choices differ, how some choose to interract with humans, and some don`t. How they grow to care for humanity they`ve helped to survive, but how different are the roads they choose from there. IDK, it was fascinating to watch. And the entire concept of the higher purpose, that turns out to be a lie, once they beging to doubt it.
It was an unusual movie, and quite interesting. Not to mention, beautiful. I hope, there will be more.

I heard great stuff about it.

I turned it off 10 minutes in during that horrendous attempt at dark Tarantino humor with the janitor, or whatever it was they were trying there.

Whatever it was it came off feeling forced.
James Gunn and his juvenile/raunchy humor. We are a long way from GOTG Vol. 1. I'll pass as there is nothing remotely interesting looking from this and is essentially The Boys ripoff.

I tried Peacemaker too, and I just turned off a bit before the first episode ended. Around the time Cena started dancing in his underwear. It was just so... forced. I couldn't be immersed in any way. Boring, trite and trying too hard. The "you have to kill more white people" joke was the perfect example. Is it pandering to the woke crowd that Peacemaker is a racist/sexist/ableist/whatever chud and gets taken down a peg? Is it the inverse and it's laughing at the woke crowd due to Peacemaker saying "I don't control the demographics who do crime"? You'll never know, because it's left open to interpretation just enough for both sides to see their take as "correct", and thus the show is both edgy and woke! Pure corpo nonsense. The only character I liked was the fat black girl, because she was awkward in a wholesome way instead of a cringy one. Everything else was cliche, embarassing and devoid of anything that'd make me want to continue giving it my time. I don't care for Gunn's troma roots in general. GotG I think works because he's forced to turn his disgusting B-Movie taste to something more sanitised, which leaves some heart but does away with the garbage.

I enjoyed Peacemaker... :lol

Not cause it was good, but because it was bad. But bad in a fun way. It's dumb entertainment. It's not trying to be serious (at least I hope not). It made me laugh at how dumb he is. So, for me it oddly works..

Chloe Zao pretty much confirmed that Thanos ideology was not “balance” related but a mission related to the celestials emergence with over population as the catalyst based off his interactions with his brother Eros which she said was the Ajak of Titan.

Now one could try and tie together balance with emergence to make this retcon work but not me screw that noise lol

Last edited:
Chloe Zao pretty much confirmed that Thanos ideology was not “balance” related but a mission related to the celestials emergence with over population as the catalyst based off his interactions with his brother Eros which she said was the Ajak of Titan.

Now one could try and tie together balance with emergence to make this retcon work but not me screw that noise lol
Sounds like A-Grade BS to me.

200_d.gif

Kinda weird how they jumped from jl to peacemaker . Dc sure knows how to pick characters fans want to see lol

Not gonna lie, the more time passes the more I kinda want an Ikaris. It'll be a shame if they do just Thena and don't at least do the real MC of this. He was by far the breakout star of the film, and he'd make a pretty cool figure.

FAFcGT_WQAA3DnO

I don’t understand how Eros in the MCU is actually the brother of Thanos. There can’t really be a “deviant gene” if Eternals are artificial beings, I’m sure daddy Celestial would have just stuck him in the shredder if he came out defective, and from what we’ve seen Thanos is an organic being.

I don’t understand how Eros in the MCU is actually the brother of Thanos. There can’t really be a “deviant gene” if Eternals are artificial beings, I’m sure daddy Celestial would have just stuck him in the shredder if he came out defective, and from what we’ve seen Thanos is an organic being.
Turning the Eternals into robots is just straight up lore-breaking and makes no sense at all. I'm not even going to go into their physical appearances. Everything about it is ill thought out, and it ruins what's been already established. Still, I do think Ikaris was the coolest of the bunch. I'll probably not care two weeks from now, but if they'd put him up for PO over Thena, I'd have been tempted. I guess they like Jolie and that's why they just made her and called it a day. Same reason why they did that Maleficent figure, or why because Howard like Depp, they made a Tonto but never did a Lone Ranger.

-_-

I guess the Avengers are the real villains then especially Tony for preventing Thanos from stopping the Celestials emergence.

This movie just became dumb AF.

Why even reboot their memory just send a new Eternal robot being to start a new mission.

The whole concept is a mess lol

Well he allows deaf Celestials so why not, lol.

Back