Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched this, it wasn't even on my radar so I wasn't going to pay money to see it in the cinema. However, I was really pleasantly surprised, to me it is a great film, I like how it wasn't so silly that there's a joke every second like some marvel films. The special effects were great and I feel like the grand scale of what the eternals and celestials mean to the universe was a refreshing take

Jolie was a total badass too, I love her character visually and otherwise

One of the things that annoyed me was the changing aspect ratio though, why are some films only partially filmed in imax?!

Oh you meant fake out, I thought you just meant a surprise stabbing from behind which has been done about a hundred times in the MCU now, lol.
These MCU one's don't compare to the stabbing from behind we all got from Disney and the Book of Boba Fett... Am I right? Hey yoe!

Oof... that hurts. It's unfortunate since everyone wants Marvel to do new things, but Marvel fails when they do so.
Can't use the Covid excuse after the domination of Spidey. This felt like a push for an Oscar more than anything. All it ended up being is a bad Justice League ripoff while being a square block shoved into the MCU round peg of continuity.

Can't use the Covid excuse after the domination of Spidey. This felt like a push for an Oscar more than anything. All it ended up being is a bad Justice League ripoff while being a square block shoved into the MCU round peg of continuity.
Yeah it really only introduced a lot of issues for the MCU. Just leaving that half-born Celestial there should be an issue on the rotation of Earth and weather patterns. Only way I can see this work is if it turns out to be in another universe.

Yeah it really only introduced a lot of issues for the MCU. Just leaving that half-born Celestial there should be an issue on the rotation of Earth and weather patterns. Only way I can see this work is if it turns out to be in another universe.
I just felt like all of a sudden there is way over powered beings just showing up at Earth. Thanos and Ego are one thing, but gigantic celestials just felt like the infinity stones in Loki, taking powerful objects of the MCU feel inconsequential.

Feige has a plan so maybe that is his point, big things are going on now in the universe and now other universes. Just downgrades the MCU IMO.

Finally caught up with this recently. This movie was so boring. It could have been really special. Full of compelling ideas but gracelessly executed. I felt the whole thing was a slog. This could have been Marvel’s 2001, but it couldn't even manage to be Marvel’s Prometheus.

I hesitate to blame the director, since we all know these movies are made by way too many cooks, but this was just bad filmmaking.

This flick was the death knell of the MCU for me. It took me four tries to finish it and I'm still not sure I finished it.

The only positive is that when I rode the Guardians ride at Disney World I knew what the big cosmic bionicle thing was.

Back