Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these guys would think it through, the best strategy to me would be to initiate things with She-Hulk and then have her revert to Jen riiiight at the right moment. Ultimate Kegels.

His senses are superhuman, but his body isn't. He shouldn't ko'ing enemies in 1 punch
You can definitely KO someone with one punch so I don't have much of an issue with DD doing so too. Apart from the parking scene, his fight scenes here weren't that over the top impossible either so I am ok with it.

Overall this was a good episode and was fun to watch. Some awkward sexy stuff since I was watching with my kids, but that's ok.

Yeah, theres plenty of videos online of people knocking other people out with 1 punch if you want "proof". Its not unheard of.
Im guessing some people here have never been in a fight, provoked or unprovoked.

Just watched this episode and, IMO, it was the best one yet. The story, action, and comedy (Walk of shame :lol ) are great!

I had no problem and didn't see any issues with the CGI.
This. I was really struck by how great She-Hulk looked and you can definitely tell which episodes they prioritized in terms of VFX because I think this may have looked even better than the first episode. Make sense, though. They wouldn’t want an unrealistically rendered Jen getting overshadowed by Daredevil.

Yeah, theres plenty of videos online of people knocking other people out with 1 punch if you want "proof". Its not unheard of.
Im guessing some people here have never been in a fight, provoked or unprovoked.

She Hulk's run time is very short. They need to keep moving and pace up the show, so not having extended fight sequences makes sense most of the time.

A larger issue is the reliance on cameos and She Hulk not having a real character arc. Scrubs, albeit a very old show, is a great example of having limited run time per episode but packing in a ton of character development.

These are super heroes, and it's a TV show. So if it story needs a one punch knock out, then OK.

In real life, most fights end up on the ground. That's been my experience. Unfortunately most combative sports training is built around consistent regulated contact and what ends up being choreographed type movements. If you punch someone like it's done on TV shows and movies, good chance you'll injure yourself. Break many of the small bones in your hand. Most people also don't know to breathe in a fight. They aren't conditioned to meet the energy output needed in a fight. It's more likely to knock someone out by being dragged to the ground, then that person's head slamming into some concrete. Also movie and TV fights usually encompass one on one or one at a time engagements. In a real fight, you could be on the ground and the other guys buddy will hit you a rock in the head.

As far as TV and movies go, I'm OK with whatever as long as it matches the rules of the universe established. In Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica reboot, it used to take a larger complex special type of ammunition to kill a Cylon. Then it was too costly to do the SFX back then to film that and they shifted it in the storyline to something different. I mean there was a reason for the change, but if a show sets up something, just be consistent about that. Some people were really unhappy with Peter Jackson about Legolas in the original LOTR trilogy. That he was too overpowered and more like a video game character while fighting. While the rest of the action was grounded in more reality.

IMHO, it's less critical on the choices as long as those choices stay to the established rules of the world building and don't break immersion.

So eventually someone is going to ask. If you want to hit someone and knock them out fast, even with one punch ( that's not really likely or all the common, but real life is not a movie.....) , odds are your fight will end up on the ground, use a "hammer fist" ( your balled fist literally works like a hammer motion) and keep slamming it into the person's temples ( side of face next to the eyes and in front of the ears) It's not sexy, but it's the most efficient way while decreasing your injury risk the most. Keep in mind if you hit someone like this long enough or hard enough, you could injury them for life or worse. The point being avoid fights if you can, but don't take anyone's crap and get yourself in the best shape as possible to survive a fight if it gets to that level.

On She Hulk, Maslany is quite a good actress in general, I'd really like to see the writers give her a proper character arc. I'm not saying write her in a way that pleases me, but write her in a way that honors basic fundamental writing concepts. This can still be the MCU's Sex And The City if they want it to be, but clean up the writing with actual polish.

Mike Tyson, amongst many others. So superheroes can do it.
Not just Mike Tyson. Hang around at Reddit long enough and you'll see a wide variety of one punch knockouts delivered by scrawny old men to petulant little teens. :lol Someone with the training and skill of Matt will definitely be capable of that.

Really fun episode but man, that new suit is just not working for me at all and I really hope they go back to the all-red one for his series. As I don't think I'd ever be able to take him seriously in that red and gold monstrosity he wore here.

Last edited:
That suit would look really nice all red. There was a shot of him in the hallway where he was silhouetted. It looked great there!

You can definitely KO someone with one punch so I don't have much of an issue with DD doing so too. Apart from the parking scene, his fight scenes here weren't that over the top impossible either so I am ok with it.

Overall this was a good episode and was fun to watch. Some awkward sexy stuff since I was watching with my kids, but that's ok.
You can, yeah, but compare his fight scenes here to those in his own show; much more weight and impact behind his hits. He get even gets tired and it takes more effort to bring people down. It felt more real, I’m aware it’s not but that’s just my preference.

This just felt like the usual cartoon MCU action. BONK WHAM BAM.

You can, yeah, but compare his fight scenes here to those in his own show; much more weight and impact behind his hits. He get even gets tired and it takes more effort to bring people down. It felt more real, I’m aware it’s not but that’s just my preference.

This just felt like the usual cartoon MCU action. BONK WHAM BAM.
He also had Jen helping out, and he’s years into the stealth vigilante scene compared to just starting out. I liked the little touch of him explaining the difference between goons and henchmen because he’s learned the difference.

He also had Jen helping out, and he’s years into the stealth vigilante scene compared to just starting out. I liked the little touch of him explaining the difference between goons and henchmen because he’s learned the difference.
It's just a bit boring when they're both shown on a similar power level when they are leagues apart. Matt knocks them out in one hit and so does Jen, there's no real distinction.

It's just a bit diluted imo. But I'll stop moaning about it because I'm just repeating myself now :lol.

Caught up with this last night.

The MCU has been going more quirky and wacky as it goes on and is increasingly hard to reconcile against Netflix's more tonally serious shows like Daredevil and Punisher*. So I have to conclude, whether it's been formally stated or not, that this is not the Netflix Matt Murdock but the MCU's own variant and any similarities in background are coincidental. Likewise Kingpin in Hawkeye. And it's been established that variants can either look like the same individual such as the Doctor Strange alternates in MoM or be entirely different individuals ala Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spidermen in NWH. Thus Punisher in the MCU could either be Bernthal or someone entirely new.

*mind you it's also pretty hard to reconcile Emil Blonsky of this show against the character from The Incredible Hulk.

Last edited:
I think the last two episodes were really good. Yes, Daredevil was obviously going to change when he moved to the MCU, but from what I've seen so far, I really dig it. Cox is terrifically cast, and I got a kick out of seeing him last night. Also, as an old school comics fan, I love seeing c-list villains like Porcupine and Leap Frog getting live action treatment.

*mind you it's also pretty hard to reconcile Emil Blonsky of this show against the character from The Incredible Hulk.
I rewatched that Hulk movie for the first time in years over the weekend, and felt that Blonsky's comments in She-Hulk were fairly accurate. He wasn't a psychopath out the gate in the film, but a by the numbers special ops dude. It wasn't until he started getting the serum that his personality changed. So really, the damage and death that Abom caused was more General Ross's fault than Blonsky's. Having said that, he obviously wasn't a glorified yoga instructor, so that transition might defy logic, but I don't see him as being reformed so much as learning to control the influence of the Super Soldier serum.

Really fun episode but man, that new suit is just not working for me at all and I really hope they go back to the all-red one for his series. As I don't think I'd ever be able to take him seriously in that red and gold monstrosity he wore here.
I doubt itll last. They even referred to it as ketchup and mustard in the episode.

The MCU has been going more quirky and wacky as it goes on and is increasingly hard to reconcile against Netflix's more tonally serious shows like Daredevil and Punisher*. So I have to conclude, whether it's been formally stated or not, that this is not the Netflix Matt Murdock but the MCU's own variant and any similarities in background are coincidental. Likewise Kingpin in Hawkeye. And it's been established that variants can either look like the same individual such as the Doctor Strange alternates in MoM or be entirely different individuals ala Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spidermen in NWH. Thus Punisher in the MCU could either be Bernthal or someone entirely new.

Unfortunately this is the same character from Netflix, as is Kingpin.

1665151846735.png

Yeah, Never liked Blonsky in TIH but here I think he is low key hilarious

I think the last two episodes were really good. Yes, Daredevil was obviously going to change when he moved to the MCU, but from what I've seen so far, I really dig it. Cox is terrifically cast, and I got a kick out of seeing him last night. Also, as an old school comics fan, I love seeing c-list villains like Porcupine and Leap Frog getting live action treatment.

I rewatched that Hulk movie for the first time in years over the weekend, and felt that Blonsky's comments in She-Hulk were fairly accurate. He wasn't a psychopath out the gate in the film, but a by the numbers special ops dude. It wasn't until he started getting the serum that his personality changed. So really, the damage and death that Abom caused was more General Ross's fault than Blonsky's. Having said that, he obviously wasn't a glorified yoga instructor, so that transition might defy logic, but I don't see him as being reformed so much as learning to control the influence of the Super Soldier serum.

A by the numbers special ops dude but still a pretty serious guy as I recall - this show has basically turned him into Trevor Slattery and I'm not sure how well that tracks....not very, IMO :lol

Back