Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. they should have just used Maliah Arrayah for the retro opening, considering she was already standing in as She-Hulk.
Would have been a great way to showcase her non-cg, and have read more (to me) like the 70s show would have done it
malia1.jpg
gm45qh5v62m91.jpg

Then the split face slow-mo scene would have been the two actresses actually playing her.
Would have been cool, but I see why they didn’t. She’s tall, but she’s not a muscular bodybuilding type. They’d need to put her in a muscle suit or something.

6097fdf68fcefe18e869b51ea3d7ea83b71070bc.gifv

gm45qh5v62m91.jpg

Would have been cool, but I see why they didn’t. She’s tall, but she’s not a muscular bodybuilding type. They’d need to put her in a muscle suit or something.
No more than what she's already wearing just in green, with the seems cleaned up.
Seemed (to me) like it could have been a perfect opportunity to acknowledge and bring her up front, for a role she was already doing behind the scenes. Oh well:huh

On the other hand, where is the Spin-off :p

Last edited:
I liked a lot about this series, particularly the DD episode, but barring the great, '70s TV style opening, I felt the last episode was a let-down. I think I kinda get what the writers were trying to do but. . .it didn't work for me. On one specific point, I missed how it's OK for She-Hulk to break her agreement to keep from transforming at the end, but when Blonsky does it she chastises him and makes him go back to prison. I get that she was more or less forced into it, whereas he did it for selfish purposes, but I don't know that that would matter in the eyes of the law. . .

What I find helps balance out the tension over the criticisms of the show is to visualize She Hulk without Maslany.

She was incredible in Orphan Black and uplifted that show far beyond it's budget, scale, scope and writing. I believe so much good will was built up by Maslany, that some of it carried over to the MCU.

Once you remove Maslany, and her natural charisma and her solid acting chops, the flaws in the writing become way more evident.

While I'm not the biggest Charlie Cox fan in the entire world, you can see the show was far more dynamic when Maslany had someone consistent to play off of and equalize out her conflicts. This show desperately needs another super hero as a regular. It doesn't need to be Daredevil, but Jessica Gao has to give Maslany a fighting chance to salvage some of this material.

While I did not hate the show… this pretty much sums it all up

I love that fella - cracks me up every time.

There's not a single thing to complain about on this - he was perfectly reasonable in his observations.

HOWEVER - YOU @JAWS . . . YOU . . . are now on a list !!!!!!!!!! (ah - who am I kidding - you've ALWAYS been on SEVERAL lists) :naughty

(* PS: Thanks for sharing - I'm subscribed to the channel but haven't signed-on in a while *)

Thanks so much for sharing that - gives a nice high-level overview of the massive undertaking this was for the CGI team. They did an amazing job (contrary to the predictable trolling).

I have to ask though - has that interviewer been through a course on "How to ask interview questions - the Disney way" ? - her voice intonation & mannerisms were SO cringe :lol

They did an amazing job (contrary to the predictable trolling).

Really? I mostly enjoyed the show but amazing is far from it. Sure, the cgi on certain episodes were good but when she's wearing that business suit, it's atrocious. Ease up on the kool-aid.

Back