Marvel Studios - Ms. Marvel series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WeuwgJp.jpg

Wait, what is the difference between Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel?

Im so confused. There are too many superheroes now.

Cool. I'm sure there will be ******** of some kind from the usual suspects, but should be fine.

Said Gillette before writing off an $8 billion loss. ;)

Said Marvel before they got to their highest grossing solo film of all time with Black Panther, of all people. They'll be fine. Especially in a streaming tv model.

How do we know they don’t inflate their numbers?

I want to see their books and excel sheets.

Oh Ms. Marvel is a beloved 50 year old character created by Stan Lee..?

She's a character with the Marvel Studios brand, just like Rocket Raccoon a few years ago. How long someone has been around in comics or how popular they were within is more or less irrelevant since most people don't actually read comics. In a world where even a former nobody like Ant-Man could get to 500 million, it doesn't really matter.

How do we know the don’t inflate their numbers?

I want to see their books and excel sheets.

I personally asked Donald Duck and he assured me everything was on the level.

She's a character with the Marvel Studios brand, just like Rocket Raccoon a few years ago. How long someone has been around in comics or how popular they were within is more or less irrelevant since most people don't actually read comics. In a world where even a nobody like Ant-Man could get to 500 million, it doesn't really matter.

I'll give you that. :duff

That doesn't put the ridiculous Ms. Marvel on the same level as BP though.

That doesn't put the ridiculous Ms. Marvel on the same level as BP though.

In terms of whether or not they'd be a success, particularly since you brought up the razor argument in reference to me talking about "the usual suspects," it pretty much is. You can not like her, which is fine, there are plenty of Marvel characters I don't care about, but it's the insisting the show will fail because of that type of backlash is what I find unlikely.

Ok but seriously, for someone too lazy to google or wiki Ms. Marvel, what is the difference between her and Captain Marvel.

Also, is that lightning bolt her logo? If so, man, Shazam (formerly Captain Marvel) got cucked.

Ok but seriously, for someone too lazy to google or wiki Ms. Marvel, what is the difference between her and Captain Marvel.

Also, is that lightning bolt her logo? If so, man, Shazam (formerly Captain Marvel) got cucked.

She's like a 15 year old Muslim girl whose fists grow real big when she fights. Normally a character's religion wouldn't need to be called out as being part of their character but that was how Marvel marketed her when she was introduced a few years back. "Look at us, the first Muslim superhero! She looks lame and has lame powers and has an off putting personality but look how non-Islamaphobic we are!"

Bla bla bla.

There are several Mr. Marvels. Looking at the logo, I'm assuming this is Kamala Khan, a Muslim teenager who takes the name from Carol Danvers (Capt Marvel). She basically has the same powers as Plastic Man from DC. So really, both Shazam and Plastic man are screwed now.

She's like a 15 year old Muslim girl whose fists grow real big when she fights. Normally a character's religion wouldn't need to be called out as being part of their character but that was how Marvel marketed her when she was introduced a few years back. "Look at us, the first Muslim superhero! She looks lame and has lame powers and has an off putting personality but look how non-Islamaphobic we are!"

Bla bla bla.

There are several Mr. Marvels. Looking at the logo, I'm assuming this is Kamala Khan, a Muslim teenager who takes the name from Carol Danvers (Capt Marvel). She basically has the same powers as Plastic Man from DC. So really, both Shazam and Plastic man are screwed now.

Oh.

I don’t get it. I get the appeal of a kid that gets bitten by a radioactive spider and gets spider powers and wears a colorful wresteler costume. I get the appeal of a invincible man that can fly and wear a cape. I get the appeal of a billionaire that dressed up like a Bat and fights like everyday is Halloween. I get the appeal of a super soldier that is America incarnate. I get the appeal of getting mad and turning into a giant green rage monster.

I don’t get the appeal of all these random nobody characters that are coming out of obscurity.

I guess you could say the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy, but honestly, they kind of came and went pretty fast. It’s like “teenage girl with magical big fists”, what kind of staying power does that have? Then not only do you have this random character getting a show, but you got like a dozen others random nobodies getting shows as well.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.

I don't think Iger does either. But he may very well learn that the hard way like he has with SW.

Nevertheless I'm still looking forward to Moon Knight (especially if they get someone like Keanu to play him) and am curious about the new Doctor Strange flick.

Back