Marvel Studios - Ms. Marvel series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the hate. :huh

Do they, the haters, think gurls are icky and have cooties? :lol
I think most people don’t like how girls are written nowadays as these people who can do no wrong and everything that happens to them is because of men and men are holding them back. Yes female empowerment is very important and we need female characters but not ones that are written like rey or most modern shows where they have no flaws and have to teach the man that they are sexist and are better then them.

But for those who just don’t like seeing a woman front and center then idk that’s just weird. I don’t think captain marvel came across as this person who can do no wrong since the first film.

Sadly I think a lot of people now see a woman or a person of color front and center and they automatically think pandering and being woke and half of that fault goes to people who try and push things onto people instead of telling a good story. They don’t care about being inclusive they want to get a rise out of people.

Now I see this reva hate and I don’t get it but some think it’s justified because they feel there fandom is being overrun by to much agenda y. But tbh sometimes it’s correct. It’s a hard road

Last edited:
First Shang Chi with his ridiculous and embarrassing press tour comments of him being the first asian superhero (does he not know the meaning) and now this…

The very charismatic actress playing MM said that she’s very happy to finally show brown people having fun on screen especially in the superhero genre.

sigh

I have news for her she should look in the mirror she’s not as brown as she thinks she is she’s actually more closer to white then brown.

They are millions of hispanics way more brown than her.

So I guess no hispanic has ever had any fun on the screen in any movie or TV show nobody in Bollywood has ever had any fun in a movie christ all they have in Bollywood is fun in their movies!

I’m half arab I have watched TONS of hours of brown arabs having FUN on screen in movies, tv shows, music videos, game shows etc.

THE FREAKING MCU HAS BROWN ACTORS HAVING FUN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BEFORE SHE WAS HIRED :slap

So no brown people have ever had any fun in a movie or tv show EVER!

That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Last edited:
Yea like I said this generation really thinks they are the first to do pretty much everything. I’m in the generation do I know. I cringe Everytime I see some idiot say black panther finally showed black people in a positive light and gave us good representation. Or captain marvel or Wonder Woman finally showed female empowerment on screen. Like we had this for years but nobody cared about it.

I remember tumblr crying about video games not having female protagonists but completely looked over Lara Croft like she didn’t exist.

I swear the people of Twitter and so forth are so weird. They think that suddenly we all just decided racism was bad after the 2000s.

Marvel is diverse but the always have been! They aren’t the first to suddenly put there foot down and say enough is enough.

Oh ****!

Everyone stand back, I'm detecting Mickey Rooney Level Angry Old Man levels in this thread! :eek:

:panic:
rooneyap.jpg
:panic:

:lol :wink1:

Last edited:
I think most people don’t like how girls are written nowadays as these people who can do no wrong and everything that happens to them is because of men and men are holding them back. Yes female empowerment is very important and we need female characters but not ones that are written like rey or most modern shows where they have no flaws and have to teach the man that they are sexist and are better then them.

But for those who just don’t like seeing a woman front and center then idk that’s just weird. I don’t think captain marvel came across as this person who can do no wrong since the first film.

Sadly I think a lot of people now see a woman or a person of color front and center and they automatically think pandering and being woke and half of that fault goes to people who try and push things onto people instead of telling a good story. They don’t care about being inclusive they want to get a rise out of people.

Now I see this reva hate and I don’t get it but some think it’s justified because they feel there fandom is being overrun by to much agenda y. But tbh sometimes it’s correct. It’s a hard road
I think we're seeing it from both sides.

Not only are women often poorly written but then on the flip side you've got the outrage culture mob that overreacts to everything, making it easy to assume that both sides are nothing but idiots.

I mean look at Batman Returns and The Batman.

30 years ago we had Michelle Pfeiffer constantly complaining about being a victim of the patriarchy ("Shreck killed me, Penguin killed me, Batman killed me, etc.") and puffing up her own gender ("I am Catwoman, here me roar"), repeatedly knocks the male hero on his ass and we all ate it up and still love her to this day.

Whereas in The Batman Zoe Kravitz gets her butt kicked with ease any time she tries to fight Batman but because of one brief throw away line about white privilege in a three hour film is immediately chastised as being "woke."

So yes while well written women are rare (and I do consider to be Kravitz' Selina to be well written) people who don't lose their minds at even the merest hint of wokeness are also exceedingly rare.

Last edited:
She’s 16 I get it this is not coming from her this is coming from the studio but it is just so full of cringe.

She has said the term brown so much during her press tour it’s almost becoming my favorite color lol

She is perfect for the role they lucked out with her she has a lot of charisma I wish nothing but the best for her.

But holy crap ease up on the “browns have never had this much fun until now!”

:slap

Watched episode 1 and loved it. It captures the feel of the comics and characters so well. Loved the visual style of her YouTube video, the daydreaming on the buildings, and the way they showed the text messages.

Having grown up with several kids from Pakistan/Afghanistan and now teaching students with parents from that part of the world in my classroom, they captured the family dynamic very well.

I skipped over most of the thread so far, but I assume people simply hate joy and are bashing everything about the show. Your loss.

Watched episode 1 and loved it. It captures the feel of the comics and characters so well. Loved the visual style of her YouTube video, the daydreaming on the buildings, and the way they showed the text messages.

Having grown up with several kids from Pakistan/Afghanistan and now teaching students with parents from that part of the world in my classroom, they captured the family dynamic very well.

I skipped over most of the thread so far, but I assume people simply hate joy and are bashing everything about the show. Your loss.
Actually the thread is pretty slow and no bashing other than my tirade about her eye rolling “lack of browns having fun in cinema” press tour comments it’s so dumb and emanates from ridiculous studio mandates.

Other than that she is super charismatic and a great find for Disney they truly lucked out with her.

Not convinced with her powers just yet.

Hopefully when she turns 21 she goes and does hard R movies running around naked so that Feige can apologize to her family for bringing her into Hollywood lol

Last edited:
Back