MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the movies stay the eventful spectacle. This D+ crap is just drowning in filler to lead into the movies. I guarantee if you didn't watch any of these shows the next few years and just watch the movies, you will know all you need to know. Jump right into Cap4, Sam is in his Cap suit cause we last left off with Steve giving him the shield. Bucky starting to move on in life. You knew Zemo was in prison, they just switched prisons in FWS. This new U.S. Agent dude has come onto the scene for the govt to rid terrorists. All started and played out in FWS to start where you think they would be at in Cap4. Same with WandaVision. Wanda upset over Vision, went crazy. Gov't lost control of White Vision, he is on the lose. All easily explained in 2 sentences in a movie.

After these two shows, pass on D+ till Moon Knight for me.

Exactly this. These movies could be summed up within a couple end credit scenes. So far, utterly pointless.

Still hoping someone makes a cut focused just on Walker vs Sam/Bucky. That was a great fight and should have been the finale.

Going forward, all these D+ shows look like crap. WandaVision, while slow, was at least interesting, different, and moved the characters forward. I look forward to Wanda in Doc Strange 2, and curious to see where the "new" white vision pops up.

This crap made me care less about the future of 2 characters I previously enjoyed. Falcon was best as a sidekick and supporting character. Bucky is now pathetic. And Winter Soldier is one of the best & my favorite MCU movies to date. I get why they chose to go with Falcon as the new Cap, with today's current political landscape and all, but Bucky always was and will be the more logical choice. He should've been the new Cap with Falcon retaining his sidekick status to Bucky Cap.

To be a proper Cap, you need some sort of superhuman abilities. The shield would be utterly useless in the hands of a normal person. They never would be able to throw it with the force it needs to be effective. Just because it's near indestructible doesn't mean anyone can throw it and do damage. In Falcon's hands it's just a symbol and simple defensive object (ie a shield), not a weapon.

And I don't see how some people are excited for Loki. It's verging on a CW show for me. Looks like a TV show made for women or the LGBTQ community to swoon over Tom Hiddelston. The trailers look awful. I feel they are gonna completely ruin Loki. I think it's the 1st show I may totally pass on. If I watch, it'll be like I chose to do with this and I will wait till the run is over and watch all at once. That is if anyone seems to give it positive reviews and anything meaningful happens.

Going forward, all these D+ shows look like crap. WandaVision, while slow, was at least interesting, different, and moved the characters forward. I look forward to Wanda in Doc Strange 2, and curious to see where the "new" white vision pops up.

This is why I prefer WV over FAWS too. It didn't stick the landing, but it pushed its characters forward and gave them more backstory to make them more interesting IMO.

I was always looking forward to Loki more than FAWS though. I'm hoping they explore the multiverse more and add something new to the MCU lore.

I'm not conversant with the specific history of the Kickapoo tribe, but given indigenous peoples' fraught history with colonizers, wrapping indigenous dress in the stars and stripes is a ... well it's a move.

This crap made me care less about the future of 2 characters I previously enjoyed. Falcon was best as a sidekick and supporting character. Bucky is now pathetic. And Winter Soldier is one of the best & my favorite MCU movies to date. I get why they chose to go with Falcon as the new Cap, with today's current political landscape and all, but Bucky always was and will be the more logical choice. He should've been the new Cap with Falcon retaining his sidekick status to Bucky Cap.

To be a proper Cap, you need some sort of superhuman abilities. The shield would be utterly useless in the hands of a normal person. They never would be able to throw it with the force it needs to be effective. Just because it's near indestructible doesn't mean anyone can throw it and do damage. In Falcon's hands it's just a symbol and simple defensive object (ie a shield), not a weapon.

And I don't see how some people are excited for Loki. It's verging on a CW show for me. Looks like a TV show made for women or the LGBTQ community to swoon over Tom Hiddelston. The trailers look awful. I feel they are gonna completely ruin Loki. I think it's the 1st show I may totally pass on. If I watch, it'll be like I chose to do with this and I will wait till the run is over and watch all at once. That is if anyone seems to give it positive reviews and anything meaningful happens.

:goodpost::exactly:

Bucky Barnes/WS and Falcon, along with Cap and Natasha, will stay my favorites along with characters like Loki thanks to previous movies and the comics.

I'm just gonna take it like, just 'coz someone comes along and does a trash interpretation - well, it's like a ^%%$## Batman movie. Batman is Batman. Just 'coz some "artist" has no talent, doesn't ruin previous work. Friggin' fan fiction. TBH, fans with talent probably would've done a better job with the FWS script.

I'll probably enjoy Loki. As long as it isn't woke Loki:pfft:, the social rights activist.

PS. That new "Cap" comic just looks - &^%$#:toilet_cl
I'm not conversant with the specific history of the Kickapoo tribe, but given indigenous peoples' fraught history with colonizers, wrapping indigenous dress in the stars and stripes is a ... well it's a move.

Yep.:slap

Marvel's Love Boat... in Wandavision.

Wanda's show came so close as it was.

That Kickapoo character is classic. Same that picture, going to be a relic of an unusual time one day.

Damn MF-Gar they could relaunch the Love Boat With Bucky and Sam's Sister. I smell spin off. :rotfl:rotfl

With Sam behind the MF bar if that Captain America gig doesn't work out...

PtWv.gif

Wait, so the character that just got pardoned for murdering a bunch of people and is still on probation and forced to undergo court ordered psychiatry is a logical choice to be Captain America?
The one who is a shadowy former assassin basically living off the grid and clearly averse to public exposure, fighting his demons, and wrestling with his conscience all day and night?
That?s the logical choice for Captain America?
Just because he?s your fave doesn?t mean it makes any sort of believable narrative sense for him to become Captain America.

Wait, so the character that just got pardoned for murdering a bunch of people and is still on probation and forced to undergo court ordered psychiatry is a logical choice to be Captain America?
The one who is a shadowy former assassin basically living off the grid and clearly averse to public exposure, fighting his demons, and wrestling with his conscience all day and night?
That?s the logical choice for Captain America?
Just because he?s your fave doesn?t mean it makes any sort of believable narrative sense for him to become Captain America.

First off, where did I ever say he's my fave? Far from it. Liking TWS movie doesn't mean he is my favorite character. He wouldn't even make my top 10 in the MCU.

I said he's the logical choice cause he's a super soldier. And he was Cap in the comics loooong before Falcon was. And I highly doubt the general public in the MCU know anything of his shady past. Otherwise he wouldn't have been regarded as a hero. It's HIS inner demons he's fighting.

Besides, isn't that how you'd kinda summarize Black Widow as well?

Just because Falcon is your fave, doesn't make him the right choice either. How do we know Cap didn't offer it to Bucky 1st and he turned it down? Seemed like Bucky may have been at the end of EG since he knew what was about to go down.

First off, where did I ever say he's my fave? Far from it. Liking TWS movie doesn't mean he is my favorite character. He wouldn't even make my top 10 in the MCU.

I said he's the logical choice cause he's a super soldier. And he was Cap in the comics loooong before Falcon was. And I highly doubt the general public in the MCU know anything of his shady past. Otherwise he wouldn't have been regarded as a hero. It's HIS inner demons he's fighting.

Just because Falcon is your fave, doesn't make him the right choice either. How do we know Cap didn't offer it to Bucky 1st and he turned it down? Seemed like Bucky may have been at the end of EG since he knew what was about to go down.

First: calm down. Second: I don?t think Black Widow should be Captain America either.

I tend to ignore jal. He often lives in his own reality, making things up as he goes along, all while failing to defend a single point of his made up reality. It is quite comical.

With Sam behind the MF bar if that Captain America gig doesn't work out...

PtWv.gif

Damn they need t make this a reality now. Sam cam have the afro and tend bar in the Captain America suit in the downtime between battle. He could even use RedWing to serve Bucky and his Sister in between plowing sessions without having to see what's going on. All in glorious Wandavision MF.

I tend to ignore jal. He often lives in his own reality, making things up as he goes along, all while failing to defend a single point of his made up reality. It is quite comical.

Seems like you?re doing a pretty bad job of ignoring me...can?t say the same about you, I?ve actually started sharing your posts with friends who aren?t even on this forum because they are too much to keep to myself. It?s reached the point where they say things like, ?any new dumb stuff from that one guy on that website??
It?s amazing how your posts come across to people out in the real world. Good laughs, (wish I could say they were laughing with you) please keep them coming!

Pathetic. What they gonna go and paint over the entirety of Daredevil and Punisher now?

https://thedirect.com/article/disney-falcon-winter-soldier-censored-photos
Doesn’t make a lot of sense but I’m sure they have some internal moral values algorithm thats making sense to the board.
So I can go and watch the uncut directors edition of Commando but I can’t watch this? I can’t see Daryl Hannah in Splash in all her glory?

Disney have censored themselves constantly over the last half century. Just look at (or to be more accurate don’t look at) Song Of The South.

Back