1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if for some reason you buy this, use that dremel to get the clear parts off!

I don't know how many times it has to be said that removing the clear plastic will accomplish nothing without painted replacement parts, and there won't be painted replacement parts because it would mean disassembling the figure in order to replace all the articulated parts and panels.

One more time: the only way you are getting a classic Iron Man out of this is by paying an artist to disassemble and paint all the clear parts. Expect to pay the price of the figure over again for such a service.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

That is honestly one of the biggest roasts of a Hot Toys figure I have ever seen Justin do, lol...
and that is for just the prototype :lol

I'm sure some people will buy this and love it, but definitely not for me.
Looks like a weird hologram / regular Iron Man mash-up.

This exists. Come on HT. You had one job.

57fc2520-b724-4f39-bb72-d5a967b4e4a4.jpg

So that thing gets the non-plastic treatment but the diecast sixth scale with amazing base and expensive price tag gets it? Waaaaahhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exists. Come on HT. You had one job.

View attachment 512136

Yeah, this is essentially my take. I want to love this guy. For years, I've wanted comic accurate figures from Hot Toys. Absolutely thrilled we will get some semblance of that with Spidey from the PS4 game, but just like SSC with GI Joe, I don't think it works when these companies try to thread a needle with some aspect of a classic design mixed up with a modern, complicated aesthetic. I would prefer they just go all in, one way or the other.

If Hot Toys can't even get a complete positive feedback from Justin, they should know how bad it is then.

If Hot Toys can't even get a complete positive feedback from Justin, they should know how bad it is then.

Don't you worry. Justin will still get it, like everything else, and he'll talk about how "pictures just don't do it justice", and how in-hand "it's truly an INCREDIBLE figure".

Yeah, this is essentially my take. I want to love this guy. For years, I've wanted comic accurate figures from Hot Toys. Absolutely thrilled we will get some semblance of that with Spidey from the PS4 game, but just like SSC with GI Joe, I don't think it works when these companies try to thread a needle with some aspect of a classic design mixed up with a modern, complicated aesthetic. I would prefer they just go all in, one way or the other.

Imagine what we would have gotten if that Avengers video game didn't fall flat on it's face. Went with weird costume designs and game just didn't play good period.

Not a figure update, for those of you hoping for it anyhow; sorry. Rather, some speculation. They showed off some new Cosbabies yesterday:

241258570_10158223908147344_173833179332253962_n.jpg

I know, nobody cares. But, as you can see, the thread's namesake is here and referred to by its name. The others are "Metallic Gold", "Stealth", "Hydro", "Superior" and "Model 42". Could we be seeing them get made in 1/6th? The others look fairly accurate (they all share the same body, so there are some differences from the source, but you get my point), so maybe their experimentation will stop with the "Origins" one. Superior & 42 are amongst my Top 5 comic armours, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

279040564_7395883347151251_3914859175894937190_n.jpg

Ooooooohhhhhh boy! This is coming soon! We can't wait guy for this to drop, right guys?.......Guys?

On a serious note, it looks good there...because you can't make out the clear pieces.

279040564_7395883347151251_3914859175894937190_n.jpg

Ooooooohhhhhh boy! This is coming soon! We can't wait guy for this to drop, right guys?.......Guys?

On a serious note, it looks good there...because you can't make out the clear pieces.

"Taskmaster" looks like a dwarf compared to the DX19.

Not a figure update, for those of you hoping for it anyhow; sorry. Rather, some speculation. They showed off some new Cosbabies yesterday:

241258570_10158223908147344_173833179332253962_n.jpg

I know, nobody cares. But, as you can see, the thread's namesake is here and referred to by its name. The others are "Metallic Gold", "Stealth", "Hydro", "Superior" and "Model 42". Could we be seeing them get made in 1/6th? The others look fairly accurate (they all share the same body, so there are some differences from the source, but you get my point), so maybe their experimentation will stop with the "Origins" one. Superior & 42 are amongst my Top 5 comic armours, so I'm interested to see where this goes.
I
Yeah, I really would like to see Hot Toys make the Superior armor, that 42 looks intriguing also

I
Yeah, I really would like to see Hot Toys make the Superior armor, that 42 looks intriguing also
It really would be cool to give us some comic-based armours, but with how much they botched this and the fact that it’s been a year since these cosbabies, I’m not holding my breath. Let’s be real, they got the Future Fight license and only made that War Machine Punisher. If they wanted, they could’ve used that and made all the comic based Iron Man armours.

It really would be cool to give us some comic-based armours, but with how much they botched this and the fact that it’s been a year since these cosbabies, I’m not holding my breath. Let’s be real, they got the Future Fight license and only made that War Machine Punisher. If they wanted, they could’ve used that and made all the comic based Iron Man armours.
Very good point

I received another in an endless series of $20 off coupons from sideshow. There are a handful of Hot Toys figures I would be interested in and when I went to look at the options, I was stunned how many weird Iron Man figures were listed. Sideshow could be sitting on a lot of these in their warehouse. This might be another. This should be an instant purchase but that plastic cover. Yikes.

Back