Mars Toys James Bond Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mars Toys, please give us a Plenty O'Toole

1658307_1.jpg

Now you’re talking, but I would prefer The Rock.

Cue the single greatest line of dialogue ever.
This is one of the older figures I have, and I still have a MASSIVE soft spot for it.

s-l1600.jpg

Celebrities come and go, but I was really cut up when Connery died.

Anyway, I also have the Art Figures Nic Cage to go with this guy. Cage sculpt is terrible, so that could do with an upgrade.

I wish I could find that Art Figures Connery sculpt on it's own. Kind of regret not picking it up when it came out.

I really hope this line comes to fruition and goes very deep. I want at least Moore, Connery, Brosnan and Craig.

I’m not a villain collector but I’d definitely buy Goldfinger, Scaramanga and Blofeld (Waltz).

I really hope they consider the Bond Girls as well, I’d buy all of them tbh. Highest priority for me would be *****, Solitaire, Kissy, Helga Brandt, Domino, Octopussy, Holly and Anya.

And I’d basically „die another day“ for Madonna in a corset 😍

Not trying to defend them, but the same thing happened when they were making their DX08 KO. They gave a bunch of updates at the start, then disappeared to the point where many where shocked that it actually still came out. It always interests me that when it comes to the companies that tend to give updates, when they stop, ppl freak out a bit thinking they disappeared and aren't doing anything anymore. But other companies never say anything, put stuff up for PO whenever they feel like it, then it comes out whenever it comes out even if it's beyond the original ETA and no one bats an eye really.

Could just be the Mars has quickly learned the lesson that many other companies had to the hard way that it's better to say nothing at all, not interact with the communities and just release products whenever they're ready. I'm pretty sure that one guy that was regularly trolling their socials about '66 Riddler contributed to their current silence.

Could just be the Mars has quickly learned the lesson that many other companies had to the hard way that it's better to say nothing at all, not interact with the communities and just release products whenever they're ready. I'm pretty sure that one guy that was regularly trolling their socials about '66 Riddler contributed to their current silence.

Up to just recently, Mars FB/Twitter was still bad mouthing Eternal for their Penguin, and promising Two-Face reveal before end of month (May).

So maybe lesson not so learned yet.

Up to just recently, Mars FB/Twitter was still bad mouthing Eternal for their Penguin, and promising Two-Face reveal before end of month (May).

I don’t understand why they got their feathers so ruffled up over that Penguin. Mars has so many other things they’re teasing that they’re not likely to release their own version anytime too soon. Plus it’s not like they have the license.

Gotcha. I don't have twitter and only get on FB every now and then to check the 1/6 Indiana Jones group over there, so wasn't aware of any of that. The only place I frequent these days is Instagram and they don't post much there.

It is telling about their "personality".
True. They can't expect other companies to just not make figures just b/c they (Mars) mentioned in passing that they were going to make that same character. This sort of (but not directly) goes back to my earlier point though of other companies just releasing product without talking about it. You didn't hear Eternal beforehand saying "stay tuned for our Returns Penguin we have on the way" or any of their other figures that they've made. They just release stuff whenever they feel like it and ppl buy it or they don't. Mars does a lot of talking, some showing but not enough actually producing and actually putting up for PO. Mars put up that second version of Breaking Bad Mike w/o any notice but it seems they like to tease the Batman stuff a lot.

Last edited:
To me it seems like Mars has been working hard to hype themselves up a lot. At first it was working and after they knocked out their Romero Joker and it was impressive we all bought into them.

Now it’s endless teases and their other two Romero Joker figures are a bit underwhelming.

Sounds like Star Ace when they started out. McQueen and Leonidas were great, and we all know what happened next right up to present day.

Back