Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s really interesting going through the series from the start as an adult. Gorshin, Romero, Meredith and really everybody put their all into those characters.

After seeing a couple of Riddler’s episodes I’m just as excited to get this as I am Joker now.

There are so many faces and actors for Joker, but very few for Riddler, and Gorshin was my first, therefore he is the best for me and I am more excited for this figure than for the Joker. I really hope it is the same quality as joker

The '66 versions are iconic iterations of the villains for me now.

Gorshin was like a manic green frog, cavorting and posing, unable to contain his ingenious mind. :lol

The series captured the insanity of Gotham, but did it 'daylight'. I can also imagine them as their darker, 'night time' selves, populating the more serious Batman comics that captivated me from the 1980s onwards.

I can see (and hope) Mars become the next Hot Toys, meaning a affiliated licenced brand like Hot Toys did, but HOPEFULLY not lose sight of their origins.

I can see (and hope) Mars become the next Hot Toys, meaning a affiliated licenced brand like Hot Toys did, but HOPEFULLY not lose sight of their origins.
🚨 Hot Toys has gotten boring now. I've been waiting for the Vulture that was announced since last May. Mars Toys, on the other hand, listens to the community and makes childhood dreams come true. 🤟

🚨 Hot Toys has gotten boring now. I've been waiting for the Vulture that was announced since last May. Mars Toys, on the other hand, listens to the community and makes childhood dreams come true. 🤟
Yeah, hot toys just doesn't do anything different. As much as we dislike sideshow, at least they do things outside heroes and star wars.

I can see (and hope) Mars become the next Hot Toys, meaning an affiliated licensed brand like Hot Toys did, but HOPEFULLY not lose sight of their origins.
I hope not! The only reason we’re able to get 3 headsculpts plus the great pricing on all their stuff is due to then not having to go through the licensing process. If it was a licensed product, we’d get only 1 headsculpt, half the number of hands, probably only the dehydration weapon and an almost $300 price tag

Last edited:
It’s really interesting going through the series from the start as an adult. Gorshin, Romero, Meredith and really everybody put their all into those characters.

After seeing a couple of Riddler’s episodes I’m just as excited to get this as I am Joker now.
Yeah I just watched an old backstage interview with Romero and it's kinda shocking how subdued and different he sounded compared to the series, and it really makes me appreciate just how much energy he put into that performance each time he was on.

Yeah I just watched an old backstage interview with Romero and it's kinda shocking how subdued and different he sounded compared to the series, and it really makes me appreciate just how much energy he put into that performance each time he was on.
I just watched that interview last week and thought the same.

If they go the licensed route, then that means they have to abide by someone else's rules and decisions on which products get made, then they have to get approval on every detail. Probably not ideal for them or us as consumers. But it may be necessary at some point.

Maybe a Molly to go with him. That would be nice. 😁
Screenshot_2876.png

Where is this? I want it.

🚨 The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) was originally scheduled to be released for pre-order this month (April) at the latest. I had written to Mars Toys on Facebook and Instagram about this. After all, we've been waiting for the release since October last year. I'm slowly losing interest in Riddler (Frank Gorshin) and Penguin (Burgess Meredith) like I did in Hot Toys' Vulture. With all due respect, I won't be fooled anymore. 🙉

There is something to be said about "strike while the iron's hot".

People will definitely cool off, especially if something "new and shiny" presents itself at the same time... like an expensive InArt figure where something else must get cut.

It sure looked like they had the Riddler nearly done long ago -- showed almost his full suit and a painted sculpt. Same with Penguin.

Joker came up for order ridiculously fast. then a second batch a month or so later? Bunched up schedule or no, Riddler is my most anticipated figure. bring on the hiccups

🚨 The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) was originally scheduled to be released for pre-order this month (April) at the latest. I had written to Mars Toys on Facebook and Instagram about this. After all, we've been waiting for the release since October last year. I'm slowly losing interest in Riddler (Frank Gorshin) and Penguin (Burgess Meredith) like I did in Hot Toys' Vulture. With all due respect, I won't be fooled anymore. 🙉

Back