Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Mars Toys

28 m ·

Boom ~
A or B or C? Or all?
Pre-order starts tomorrow.

MAT013-A:

Mars Joker 66 1.jpg
Mars Joker 66 2.jpg

MAT013-B:

Mars Joker 66 3.jpg
Mars Joker 66 4.jpg

MAT013-C:

Mars Joker 66 5.jpg
Mars Joker 66 6.jpg

to good to be true for a third party, theyre setting people up with too high of expectations. this looks like custom level stuff and even custom level stuff cant compete with this.

This probably means a "legit" one is in the pipeline. Do I wait, or order? Will most likely order depending on price. 3rd parties are always so ify. Don't want to overspend and feel jilted upon release.

279074764_10101621505841516_1348107371988693056_n.jpg
87983966_525930231370335_1708437432279498752_n.jpg

just grabs from collector pictures. i think mars toy is an affordable/budget option but nowhere as good as the dx08 and thats a fairly aged figure, but aged well. lots of critiques from the tailoring, messy tie, and the eyes on the sculpt. accessories and hands are very decent, as it should since theyre ripped from the dx08. but coming from first time experience, i felt burnt and mislead by this company. i shouldve known better that i wouldnt get something close to the dx08 but i thought an over decade old figure can be improved or matched with new technology today but i gambled wrong

Copies are always inferior. Some of these 3rd parties just want to produce and ship out as quickly as possible. I don't blame them. I would too. This will need work. There is no Romero Joker, so the gamble may be the only option at this point. I don't do customs. Don't enjoy the hassle of it all.

279074764_10101621505841516_1348107371988693056_n.jpg
87983966_525930231370335_1708437432279498752_n.jpg

just grabs from collector pictures. i think mars toy is an affordable/budget option but nowhere as good as the dx08 and thats a fairly aged figure, but aged well. lots of critiques from the tailoring, messy tie, and the eyes on the sculpt. accessories and hands are very decent, as it should since theyre ripped from the dx08. but coming from first time experience, i felt burnt and mislead by this company. i shouldve known better that i wouldnt get something close to the dx08 but i thought an over decade old figure can be improved or matched with new technology today but i gambled wrong

The tie was the ony horrible thing I found with mine. It was a mess, and a conundrum how they'd tied it, so I cut it and glued it into shape.

He looks good on display, and at the time was such a cheap figure he felt like a bargain. I wasn't interested enough in having a Nicholson Joker to pay much for one.

Based on that figure I have faith that the Romero Jokers will be similarly pleasing on display. Basic Romero Jokers are rare enough that I never expected to see prisoner or pierrot versions as well. (It was the prison Joker that I vividly still remember seeing when I was very young, and he was so creepy!)

Damn these are pretty awesome. I don’t buy third party releases but I may need to get these 66 villains.

For Joker I would say the A version is the obvious choice, but I kinda like B too. I know B and C are both from his first appearance in the show (first episode of the series too).

This looks fantastic, but who knows how the production version will turn out. Either way, ya might as well pick it up. HT ain't doing anything with the license.

I've had Hot Toys' Batman and Robin since they released - Batman has Tony Mei's suit and cape - and through the years they've had various DC figures for company.

Now they'll finally have proper company!

Sometimes there are 1/6 announcements that make me think, "I guess I ought to buy this". Then there are announcements like these '66 villains, with the tease of Catwoman and Batgirl, that make me want to place an order with Kit right now. :lol

For me the '66 villains are the most iconic versions. While the show was light hearted, Romero's Joker was the stuff of nightmares, and I clearly remember sitting on the floor watching this scene, even though I was really young at the time:

Joker.png

The horror is burned into my memory, and now he'll have a physical presence in my collection too. :lol

I have waited too long for Hot Toys to release their version so I’ll definitely be preordering this.

This looks great!

Set A is a must for me, but which head would I display? They all look good. Hmm…:unsure:

I'm going to have to get all three versions because '66 figures are such a rarity. Unless there's suddenly a whole load of companies deciding to make them as sometimes happens within days of a particular character being revealed.

Three figures covers the three different sculpts.

I feel more comfortable buying figures of classics like these, rather than Disney's flavour of the week Star Wars (even though they can be very tempting sometimes).

Back