Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand. I was just responding to you because it was on the topic. Just seeing if anyone had any insight because I’ve been told that Comic Sanctorum and TW are the same and people also said that the prankster wasn’t going to be shipped from either.
But I totally agree, TW is shoddy
So TW/Comic Sanctorum definitely have this figure? I finished my payment plan but haven't got any shipping invoice yet. Guess I'll have to contact them.

My turn for pictures... This is an amazing release and I can't wait for more! Thanks, Mars Toys and Kit!!

Attachments

• DSC06670-2.jpg
    DSC06670-2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC06672-2.jpg
    DSC06672-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC06683-2.jpg
    DSC06683-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC06687.jpg
    DSC06687.jpg
  • DSC06690.jpg
    DSC06690.jpg
  • DSC06698-2.jpg
    DSC06698-2.jpg
  • DSC06731-4.jpg
    DSC06731-4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC06750-5.jpg
    DSC06750-5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Big Dee….awesome wife…..

Been in the hobby since 2006 and wife wouldnt have a clue what or how to order. Kudos to her good sir
Thanks brother haha. I had asked for it but I thought she had forgotten. She actually collects also......

Last edited:
It's good that you haven't had an issue yet, but it's not really a Kit vs TW. It's more about how unreliable TW can be. Kit is 100% reliable. You've had great luck so far and that's awesome, to say the least. However, usually with TW it's not a matter of if it will happen to you, but rather when it will happen to you.

Other fellow members have had more successful orders with TW than you and still got burned by them. One of our long standing members was trying to make an order with them using their reward points, but couldn't; so, they emailed TW for assistance and instead of offering any, they accused the member of stealing nearly $800 in points. TW locked his account and continued to send threatening emails trying to get them to send money that he didn't even owe.

I've had my own bad experience with them on my very first order that's too long of a story to post here.

However, no matter how many stories ppl hear about what's happened to other TW customers, there seems to be this mentality of "well it hasn't happened to me and I've placed 'x' amount of successful orders with them, so I'll keep ordering."

Kit is a retailer and he gets his stock through his distributors and many times works directly with the companies to get even more stock whenever he sells out. TW is a reseller, meaning they don't have a direct line to get stock for most items, but not all. When you place an order with TW, most of the time, they go place an order with a local shop instead of directly with a distributor. They are relying on other stores to get the stock they need. TW buys it from them and then sell it to you. The customers just don't see that part. This is why some ppl don't ever get their orders from TW. B/c TW either didn't find enough stock from local stores or just straight up over ordered on purpose to get the deposit money. It's like if you had an online toy store, but you actually get your stock from a local department store and not directly form Mattel or Hasbro distributors. Lets say you take orders for 100 Transformers on your online store, but you can only find 10 locally. Now you're in a pickle b/c how are you going to fulfill those remaining 90 orders? Now you're at the mercy of your local stores to hopefully get more stock in. That's basically what TW does for a majority of the items they sell.

And for the times that they do work with distributors, it has been known for quite awhile that they often don't pay for the stock they initially ordered. This then puts them in a bind b/c now they have to find the product by some other means. Or, they just won't fulfill your order and either drag you along by generating a useless tracking number, saying "next batch" or end up offering you store credit. Many ppl have placed orders for items labeled as "in-stock" on TW site, yet never received the item they paid for.

We have a thread dedicated to them for everyone to voice their experiences, many of which are not positive: Toys Wonderland

EDIT: even though I plan to never use them again, this conversation did make me check my account, and sure enough, they removed the RPs I had saved with them which equated to almost $300
Thanks for this fantastic post! You give a very objective overview which is highly appreciated as I am really not that much informed about TW/CS.
Last time I bought, I have ordered most of my Soosootoys figures (Kit doesn’t offer these, I wonder why btw). Asking in the respective thread about CS, they were told me to be legitimate. Therefore I ordered my figures and everything went smoothly. Next I’ve ordered two more figures from them and got them again without any issues. I wamted to order Prank from Kit but snoozed on it, so I ordered from CS (in the belief of having a legitimate alternative). Than I started realizing that TW and CS seem to be the same. I didn’t order Prank B and C there although I really need these, hoping for Kit to get some overstock or whatever. Would I have known that I can pay Kit in full, I would have ordered B & C right away. Anyway, this hobby was always a learning process and at least I POed Enigma and Jack Joker from Kit, knowing these will be save.
My original post, stating that I got my shipping confirmation from CS, wasn’t ment as a provocation but as a neutral information. I will see when/if the figure arrives and keep you guys posted.

More importantly: Where to get Prank B and C? @Kit Chen can you offer any solution?

Edit:

Well, there you go.

HK-Post tracking:

There is no record on the subject item.

Please ensure to input the correct item number, or refer to FAQ to understand the reason of no record.

Last edited:
Thanks for this fantastic post! You give a very objective overview which is highly appreciated as I am really not that much informed about TW/CS.
Last time I bought, I have ordered most of my Soosootoys figures (Kit doesn’t offer these, I wonder why btw). Asking in the respective thread about CS, they were told me to be legitimate. Therefore I ordered my figures and everything went smoothly. Next I’ve ordered two more figures from them and got them again without any issues. I wamted to order Prank from Kit but snoozed on it, so I ordered from CS (in the belief of having a legitimate alternative). Than I started realizing that TW and CS seem to be the same. I didn’t order Prank B and C there although I really need these, hoping for Kit to get some overstock or whatever. Would I have known that I can pay Kit in full, I would have ordered B & C right away. Anyway, this hobby was always a learning process and at least I POed Enigma and Jack Joker from Kit, knowing these will be save.
My original post, stating that I got my shipping confirmation from CS, wasn’t ment as a provocation but as a neutral information. I will see when/if the figure arrives and keep you guys posted.

More importantly: Where to get Prank B and C? @Kit Chen can you offer any solution?

Edit:

Well, there you go.

HK-Post tracking:

Please ensure to input the correct item number, or refer to FAQ to understand the reason of no record.
I said this in another thread about Kghobby, when you send something you get a tracking number so logically you will post an email saying it’s shipped and include the tracking number. But the tracking number doesn’t become live and active until after it has been processed through customs. And that can take awhile. Especially in HK. Some times are quicker than others but it usually can take 1-2 weeks. Yes I know ridiculous, it has always been average but with all the covid rules now it takes longer.

I said this in another thread about Kghobby, when you send something you get a tracking number so logically you will post an email saying it’s shipped and include the tracking number. But the tracking number doesn’t become live and active until after it has been processed through customs. And that can take awhile. Especially in HK. Some times are quicker than others but it usually can take 1-2 weeks. Yes I know ridiculous, it has always been average but with all the covid rules now it takes longer.

Is that something peculiar to KGH? It's never happened with any other Hong Kong or China retailer. I have "Shipment Data Received" burned into the back of my eyes from the number of times I've refreshed the page for a parcel KGH gave me tracking for last Tuesday.

One day the tracking will say something different, and I'll probably fall off my chair in shock. :lol

Is that something peculiar to KGH? It's never happened with any other Hong Kong or China retailer. I have "Shipment Data Received" burned into the back of my eyes from the number of times I've refreshed the page for a parcel KGH gave me tracking for last Tuesday.

One day the tracking will say something different, and I'll probably fall off my chair in shock. :lol
You mean the delay? I’ve always had that with KG, TW, TBA etc. Only other thing I can say is Kg are now no longer in central HK so that could be a factor.

Last time I bought, I have ordered most of my Soosootoys figures (Kit doesn’t offer these, I wonder why btw). Asking in the respective thread about CS, they were told me to be legitimate. Therefore I ordered my figures and everything went smoothly. Next I’ve ordered two more figures from them and got them again without any issues. I wanted to order Prank from Kit but snoozed on it, so I ordered from CS (in the belief of having a legitimate alternative). Than I started realizing that TW and CS seem to be the same. I didn’t order Prank B and C there although I really need these, hoping for Kit to get some overstock or whatever. Would I have known that I can pay Kit in full, I would have ordered B & C right away. Anyway, this hobby was always a learning process and at least I POed Enigma and Jack Joker from Kit, knowing these will be save.
My original post, stating that I got my shipping confirmation from CS, wasn’t meant as a provocation but as a neutral information. I will see when/if the figure arrives and keep you guys posted.

Edit:

Well, there you go.

HK-Post tracking:

Happy to give some insight. I'm not adamantly trying to talk negatively about TW, btw. Just trying to save other members from going through what a lot of us already have. I hope my response didn't come off as combative or fear mongering as that wasn't my intent.

I could be wrong, but I believe Kit doesn't offer SooSoo as they have stolen sculpts from one of his friends in the past when SooSoo were first starting out. I'm sure there's more to it than that as well but I believe that's the gist of it.

But you can order SooSoo from Giantoy (https://giantoy.com/) and TNS Figures (TNS Figures) and KGHobby. There are probably other places as well but these are the only ones I know of at the moment. Giantoy seems to be very popular around here though some items can only be seen if you're logged into your account from my understanding.

As for your tracking number, as other's have said, give it time. I wasn't trying to make you scared about your tracking number and I'm sorry if it came off that way. Like I said, I was just trying to inform you on why there is so much negative talk about TW.

Is that a custom suit on Batman in the background? The color looks a lot better than the stock Hot Toys one.

I could be wrong, but I believe Kit doesn't offer SooSoo as they have stolen sculpts from one of his friends in the past when SooSoo were first starting out. I'm sure there's more to it than that as well but I believe that's the gist of it.

3 of my friends actually: Eleven, Vimal, Nut Piz

Is that a custom suit on Batman in the background? The color looks a lot better than the stock Hot Toys one.

Maybe Tony Mei's suit? It was a darker grey and the cape also had the correct number of points.

Was one of the few custom replacements I've bought for figures, because the Hot Toys suit appeared to be so fragile I thought it'd be worth getting the upgrade. You don't really notice the number of points on the cape, but I think there was a discount for buying both parts at the time.

I think the trunks are by him as well, but I'd have to check the HT box to see what original parts were replaced.

52754546932_54766a87eb_o.jpg

52754947791_d9f2c9a48a_o.jpg

I love that. I wish someone would do another run of Adam West Batsuits. I have the Hot Toys figure in storage, but posing him always rubbed me the wrong way. I’d hate to end up ripping the suit - especially when he’s impossible to come by for a decent price nowadays.

Now I know why that Logan sculpt always seem so...similar
I still have the conversation screenshot with soosoo before

"Hey Kit, I am actually eleven's fans, i love his logan sculpt, if possible can you send me one when release? "

Then they announce their logan afterwards

Which country are you located? In the UK, Post Office/Parcel Force tracking will not update again until it's passed through customs, that's right. However, tracking always works for me once they have physically shipped it from their warehouse, but I have to use a China parcel tracking site. The Post Office one remains stuck until then.

The last few figures from KG have all moved to Awaiting shipment for a week or two before they've shipped. It's another reason I'm not going to use them anymore. That status only used to last a day or so, if that.

Back