Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Riddler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a pipe dream, but there's a Robin Williams Riddler headsculpt that's on Ebay right now...

...wouldn't it be so cool if a Robin Williams alternate head was thrown in with this? Then you could have a "Tim Burton" version of the Riddler, from the "Batman 3" movie that never happened, if Schumacher's movie isn't your thing.

I'll probably grab that head and pair it with this figure, for a "What if..." style figure to go with my other Burton figures. Only problem is, the head is sold unpainted, so I'd have to commission someone to paint it for me...

(The same artist also has a Billy Dee Williams Two-Face head, but I don't think it'd match well with the aesthetic of Tommy Lee Jones's costume. You'd have to go with something a lot more like the Billy Dee Williams Two-Face from the Batman '89 comic continuation that came out last year).
If we're going to go the alternate movie history route, then I'd kill not only for the aforementioned William's Riddler and Billy Dee Two Face, but a Nicholas Cage Superman.

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but I got the Toyz Trubo Two-Face figure today, so I thought I'd share a few pics.

Overall I like it. The costume is spot-on, though that tie is a real pain to futz!

The face sculpts aren't perfect though, and the serious face is definitely the better likeness of the two. Maybe with a professional repaint it could actually look great.

The accessories are alright. The guns are just generic rather than resembling anything he used in the movie. The coins are nice, and he holds them well. But the diamond - he can't hold that in any hand other than the flat palm really.

My main complaint actually is that he's really short next to Batman and Robin. I wish he were just a touch taller, so he'd at least be the same height as Robin. But I guesss you could fix that with a taller body if you really wanted too.

I think I'm going to keep him, but I'm really hoping that the Mars Toys version blows this one out of the water.

IMG_6984.jpeg
IMG_6985.jpeg
IMG_6986.jpeg
IMG_6988.jpeg
IMG_6991.jpeg
IMG_6992.jpeg
IMG_6997.jpeg
IMG_6998.jpeg
IMG_7001.jpeg
IMG_7004.jpeg
IMG_7007.jpeg
IMG_7011.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6998.jpeg
    IMG_6998.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6998.jpeg
    IMG_6998.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but I got the Toyz Trubo Two-Face figure today, so I thought I'd share a few pics.

Overall I like it. The costume is spot-on, though that tie is a real pain to futz!

The face sculpts aren't perfect though, and the serious face is definitely the better likeness of the two. Maybe with a professional repaint it could actually look great.

The accessories are alright. The guns are just generic rather than resembling anything he used in the movie. The coins are nice, and he holds them well. But the diamond - he can't hold that in any hand other than the flat palm really.

My main complaint actually is that he's really short next to Batman and Robin. I wish he were just a touch taller, so he'd at least be the same height as Robin. But I guesss you could fix that with a taller body if you really wanted too.

I think I'm going to keep him, but I'm really hoping that the Mars Toys version blows this one out of the water.

View attachment 621953View attachment 621954View attachment 621955View attachment 621956View attachment 621957View attachment 621958View attachment 621959View attachment 621962View attachment 621963View attachment 621964View attachment 621965View attachment 621966
My only worry with this was that he’d look puny next to the oversized Kilmer Batman.
I’ll wait till Mars does one before bothering with any ankle extenders or a larger body.

That's a shame. But a Mars Toys TF or Riddler likely won't scale any better -- that HT Bats is just way over-scaled. Not only too tall, but just too large overall.

That's a great picture above to show that.

How does Tow-Face scale with other figures? Do you old HT Keaton Bats?

That's a shame. But a Mars Toys TF or Riddler likely won't scale any better -- that HT Bats is just way over-scaled. Not only too tall, but just too large overall.

That's a great picture above to show that.

How does Tow-Face scale with other figures? Do you old HT Keaton Bats?
Sadly, I think you could be right about that, Wor-Gar. The HT Kilmer Batman will likely tower over Mars Riddler and TF too.

I don’t have any other 1/6 figures to scale Two-Face with unfortunately. I hadn‘t owned a HT figure for about 10 years until now. The Batman Forever figures drew me back in.

View attachment 621953View attachment 621954View attachment 621955View attachment 621956View attachment 621957View attachment 621958View attachment 621959View attachment 621962View attachment 621963View attachment 621964View attachment 621965View attachment 621966

If you can, a repaint of the scarred side does wonders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-060922_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-060922_Instagram.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230219-060917_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-060917_Instagram.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 0
Just posted on FB by Mars
I'm a little concerned about those toothpick legs from the knees down. I know what they're going for because Jim is a lanky guy but that looks a bit too skinny.

Maybe it's just the angle. Overall though, it looks fantastic and I'm just waiting to throw my money at this guy. Love what Mars is doing lately.

I think Black Manta is supposed to ship soon too!

If you can, a repaint of the scarred side does wonders.
Actually…. I did! 😆

That’s my Instagram account. 🙂 I should’ve thought to post pics here yesterday too.

It was the first time for me painting a 1/6th scale figure, and I found it very daunting. Luckily it’s difficult to go too wrong with the Two-Face scarred side. I’m really pleased with how it turned out though!

Here’s the pics individuall:

25CB1EF0-5E5E-4502-858C-7ADF03CBCDD7.jpeg
7D845E04-89E1-4465-990E-3BB3B419731C.jpeg
E10DABEF-1858-48C9-BCA5-6E94917770C4.jpeg
8F5F9802-B9FD-42D7-89AD-26F57835FCE7.jpeg
0A84F3D8-5288-48BB-9021-C3B5CDB1F653.jpeg

Actually…. I did! 😆

That’s my Instagram account. 🙂 I should’ve thought to post pics here yesterday too.

It was the first time for me painting a 1/6th scale figure, and I found it very daunting. Luckily it’s difficult to go too wrong with the Two-Face scarred side. I’m really pleased with how it turned out though!

Here’s the pics individuall:

View attachment 624179View attachment 624180View attachment 624181View attachment 624182View attachment 624183
Well hot damn! lol
You made that head sculpt a 100x better!

Back