Manufacter Announcement [MAXNUT STUDIOS] - Warning on Toys Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stories like this will always be around.
An artist who makes an unlicensed sculpt or figure has their work ripped off.
Usually from another unlicensed third party company or artist.
Unless you’re paying for the license there really is nothing to do.
Sure you can ask the collecting community to boycott etc...
If people want a sculpt or figure and don’t want to pay big bucks they’ll always go the cheaper route.
As for Justin, I enjoy his videos he gets figures quick and he doesn’t drag out the reviews.

Chinese artist = makes money off of unlicensed IP.
Bootlegger = copies Chinese Artist
Chinese Artist =
7bsvp4b6lhz11.jpg

Yeah, a manufacturer who doesn’t hold a license to a particular brand and calling out another for bootlegging is pretty ironic. :lol. Maybe someone should notify the rights holders and see how they feel about these products making their way into the wild and not seeing their cut.

Yeah, a manufacturer who doesn’t hold a license to a particular brand and calling out another for bootlegging is pretty ironic. :lol. Maybe someone should notify the rights holders and see how they feel about these products making their way into the wild and not seeing their cut.

Licensing companies recruit these people believe it or now. For example hacking can get you jobs working in higher levels of intelligence agencies. People forget Hot Toys was not always on the honor system when it first started out.

Licensing companies recruit these people believe it or now. For example hacking can get you jobs working in higher levels of intelligence agencies. People forget Hot Toys was not always on the honor system when it first started out.
A lot of these companies have been around for a while though and are still not licensed, and likely won’t be as Hot Toys holds the licensing rights to stuff like DC and Marvel. So while you’re point may be valid it’s kind of moot.

I feel like there's a huge difference in an original work, although unlicensed and a straight up knock off. It's the same thing in the Transformers "3rd party" market and statue customs/recast markets. For transformers, you've got unlicensed companies like Fans Toys putting out some pretty amazing original designs. Then you've got the knockoff (KO) companies that just copy those designs. The unlicensed 3rd parties put out some great products for the collection community that we otherwise may not be able to get since many licensed companies pay for exclusivity in their licensing agreements (no one is wrestling the 1/6 scale MCU license away from Hot Toys anytime soon). It gives us options, with some more creative and unique items that expands the market. KOs on the other hand destroy creativity. You've taken the work someone else has done and are simply reproducing it and selling it at a lower cost. Lowering any incentive to make original designs.

A lot of these companies have been around for a while though and are still not licensed, and likely won?t be as Hot Toys holds the licensing rights to stuff like DC and Marvel. So while you?re point may be valid it?s kind of moot.

That is a point, but also the issue with licensing laws as well. The problem is that most copyrights are supposed to expire for a number of reasons, but in places like America we perpetually extend the law to arguably the detriment of the public.

Weird cases arise when it comes to most of the WW2 footage as an example being copyrighted, and very little of it is actually available to the public, and what is shown is usually portioned out a little at a time for limited time. In 40 years my children may have a chance to see it if the laws don't keep changing every few years.

There is overlap and confusion when it comes to trademark law and copyright law as well.

Just a messy subject, but laws,justice and morality of the human condition don't usually line up.

People have to stop thinking a rebuttal to a critique is to tell them to start their own thing. It's illogical and doesn't engage the criticisms.

He does have a lot of figures and he does get his reviews done early. However, I would agree with many here that there is likely an agenda on which products he promotes since he has a business arrangement with TWHK.

At the end of the day, to each their own, but don't try to shut down people who might have a critique.

People have to stop thinking a rebuttal to a critique is to tell them to start their own thing. It's illogical and doesn't engage the criticisms.

He does have a lot of figures and he does get his reviews done early. However, I would agree with many here that there is likely an agenda on which products he promotes since he has a business arrangement with TWHK.

At the end of the day, to each their own, but don't try to shut down people who might have a critique.

:goodpost:

Exactly this. Anyone who makes content available to the public is open to critiquing.

I watch Justin's videos because the items are showcased well and he gets them early. I don't take the videos seriously as "reviews" though because he doesn't appear very educated on the items or characters he's covering and doesn't really seem to say anything negative or have many serious critiques.

Back