Mamegyorai 1:2 scale ALIEN head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sold on this....I will sell lots of pieces to have place for this...

Wow, very cool. Lots of informations there. Thank you! It is absolutely insane how much details this piece have. They even gave us the first image of the underside of the 2nd mouth! When I was doing the inner jaw for one of my bronze Aliens, I had ? in my eyes when it came to the underside. I had the same intention, that it must have been a single ribbed tube running in the middle an now I know:

View attachment 527852
Oh yeah the whole entire intent behind this sculpt is just pandering to my love of statues. Accuracy does it for me. Especially when it comes to 1979. It keeps the importance of it's uniqueness alive

$1300 for a 1/2 Alien head is quite steep. Wonder if the Alien Warrior will cost the same, since there's usually a markup on Big Chap stuff. All of CoolProps' lifesize Alien heads were $1300 except for Giger's, which was $1800.

And setting aside my misgivings about this company's ability to paint their statues, there's one thing that really worries me about this: dust accumulating under the dome due to the gap. Will require some care unless you put the whole head in a case of its own.

Still, I have to say it's an impressive prototype. Recreating the mechanism and including all of the piping and coils is a very cool move for a piece like this. Should make for a nice prop homage and a sharp display if you can deal with the stuff I mentioned.

$1300 for a 1/2 Alien head is quite steep. Wonder if the Alien Warrior will cost the same, since there's usually a markup on Big Chap stuff. All of CoolProps' lifesize Alien heads were $1300 except for Giger's, which was $1800.

And setting aside my misgivings about this company's ability to paint their statues, there's one thing that really worries me about this: dust accumulating under the dome due to the gap. Will require some care unless you put the whole head in a case of its own.

Still, I have to say it's an impressive prototype. Recreating the mechanism and including all of the piping and coils is a very cool move for a piece like this. Should make for a nice prop homage and a sharp display if you can deal with the stuff I mentioned.
The dome comes off as far as I can tell. I don't mind 1200 if it looks like the prototype.

That is one spicy meatball! Especially for 1/2 scale. I'm an accuracy snob, I love their attention to detail, I really do. But I also think that their sometimes has to be a balance on collectibles like this. The gap in the dome doesn't look great asthetically, it makes it look amatureish if anything and that could not be further from the truth. I really like this, but I do think it'd look better with a fitted dome. Or at least a second option for a fitted dome in the box, for this kind of price, that shouldn't be asking too much.

That is one spicy meatball! Especially for 1/2 scale. I'm an accuracy snob, I love their attention to detail, I really do. But I also think that their sometimes has to be a balance on collectibles like this. The gap in the dome doesn't look great asthetically, it makes it look amatureish if anything and that could not be further from the truth. I really like this, but I do think it'd look better with a fitted dome. Or at least a second option for a fitted dome in the box, for this kind of price, that shouldn't be asking too much.
I like it for what it stands for. Accurate depiction of the rambaldi head. If it didn't do the gap it wouldn't be accurate. If I can get friends to purchase it in Japan for me I may do it because it's impressive.

2FCACA0E-42E1-4976-B2E5-EBADA38A46E6.jpeg
490AE297-613B-451E-86AD-A860B6D0F7A5.jpeg
BBEACF6D-1C49-430E-85D2-30727B44D018.jpeg

I’d be tempted to send it to Eno Finish works for a repaint. He usually charges what the piece costs. However it would look exactly like the real deal.

I’d be tempted to send it to Eno Finish works for a repaint. He usually charges what the piece costs. However it would look exactly like the real deal.
His 1/3 Big Chap is incredible. Dare I say the best Alien collectible I've seen.

It's a shame the factory paint was so weak on that thing. It really didn't have to be custom quality to take that #1 spot, but what we got was mediocre even for a mass production.

Only available in Japan.
Anyone know a way around this?
Make some new friends. :lol

Or use a proxy/forwarding service like Tenso. They provide you with a Japanese address that leads to their warehouse. You enter that address when purchasing online and the package will be delivered to them, after which they ship it to you.

Make some new friends. :lol

Or use a proxy/forwarding service like Tenso. They provide you with a Japanese address that leads to their warehouse. You enter that address when purchasing online and the package will be delivered to them, after which they ship it to you.
My wife is Korean, and my kids are Korean/Irish, so I'll die before I make friends with a sonuvabitch Japa...
Oh wait, I actually do have some Japanese friends. But they're living here in Seoul too...
I'll look into the forwarding service, cheers.
It might all end up a bit too expensive in the end though.

Why Mamegyorai delivers us the 1/3 big chap worldwide and this head only in japab?

Back