Mamegyorai 1:2 scale ALIEN head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dome should be sealed by the pipes on the sides and not over hang at the front.
It doesn't even look like it's put on properly.

The gap is definitely there in the promo photo

Ah, this is where my appreciation for prop accuracy takes a dive. I love that the Mamegyorai 1/3 replicated the zippers, straps, deformations, and even part numbers etched into the piping, but those details were also intentionally placed or left there by the propmakers. Whereas this gap reads more like a mistake I'd like to see fixed.

Ah, this is where my appreciation for prop accuracy takes a dive. I love that the Mamegyorai 1/3 replicated the zippers, straps, deformations, and even part numbers etched into the piping, but those details were also intentionally placed or left there by the propmakers. Whereas this gap reads more like a mistake I'd like to see fixed.

This is exactly what I think, too.

So what's the consensus on these guys? That their sculpts are good, but their QC and paint are not quite up to par?
Is that based on their last alien?
Anybody have experience with their other statue lines?

Very cool! I'd been trying to find that video again.
It's a shame there's no subtitles or translation, but there's a lot of very interesting footage.

Yes. I do call myself an Alien fan, but these guys are on turbo mode when it comes to every last little detail and background knowledge about things that happened 40+ years ago. I am in total admiration.

So what's the consensus on these guys? That their sculpts are good, but their QC and paint are not quite up to par?
Is that based on their last alien?
Anybody have experience with their other statue lines?

I'd say the sculpt is top of the line. The issues are simply the seam lines and the dome that doesn't completely seal. Also the paint is so so. But I'm watching this 1/2 scale version very close. If they can nail that rambaldi head I'd skip the 1/3 Jungle Hunter and get this.

Are they also making a full-size statue? Or is that just for fun? :lol
One of them seems to have built his own mechanical head...

And the Aliens head would be a no-brainer.

Are they also making a full-size statue? Or is that just for fun? :lol
One of them seems to have built his own mechanical head...

The video is from 1990. So i guess it was another Alien fan from Japan. But they seem to analyzed the 2nd jaw-mechanism and the mechanism for the lips very close. Absolutely insane!

I'd say the sculpt is top of the line. The issues are simply the seam lines and the dome that doesn't completely seal. Also the paint is so so. But I'm watching this 1/2 scale version very close. If they can nail that rambaldi head I'd skip the 1/3 Jungle Hunter and get this.

Thanks. Hopefully this is a little easier to get right quality-wise. I really hope this happens. I haven't bought anything Alien in a few years, and by pure coincidence I started looking for something exactly like this just this week. A Big Chap head is enough for me, it's by far the most interesting and iconic part of the creature.
But I don't have room for a 1:1, and 1/6 and 1/4 are a little small for just the head.
The only thing I could find was the Legendary Scale Bust, but I just can't see the Big Chap in it. The lower part of the face looks too big or something.
I'd love to display this next to my Kotobukiya Artfx+ Big Chap.

Haha yeah the ss .5 head is roooough. I have the Warrior .5 by ss and the longer I have it the more I like it. If I could get this 79 rambaldi version and a half scale Dog, I'd put them next to the 1/3 p1 Alien line I'm collecting. Would be freeeesh

Will Mamegyorai still release the other Aliens in 1/3 ? They were'nt supposed to release all of them in 1/3?

Full update with information on the Mechanical 1/2 head. It is incredibly detailed as far as why there is a gap and why it is different from Gigers design of the head. I'll probably be getting this. Hopefully it will be on Sideshow.

https://mamegyorai.jp/html/alien_bi...nWyfnZ-dUaIqZ-d0J5_-AcDLpVPeMIlrLQIcg#product
Wow, very cool. Lots of informations there. Thank you! It is absolutely insane how much details this piece have. They even gave us the first image of the underside of the 2nd mouth! When I was doing the inner jaw for one of my bronze Aliens, I had ? in my eyes when it came to the underside. I had the same intention, that it must have been a single ribbed tube running in the middle an now I know:

14-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back