Mamegyorai 1:2 scale ALIEN head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienbuilder

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone noticed the 1:2 Alien head by Mamegyorai?

unnamed-2.jpg

00.jpg

17.jpg

Ooh, Mamegyorai throwing down the gauntlet once again. Beautiful sculpt, can't say I'm optimistic about how the paint will turn out.

Any info on cost?

I just stumbled about it in the google picture search. It leads to a japanese homepage: https://220.raindrop.jp but the page seems to work incorrect. There should be more pictures of it, but they don't work. It's also completely in japanese, so I couldn't find a price.
I also agree with the shoulders. This one definitely represents this promo photo:
ALIEN-1979-and-ALIENS-1986.jpg00.jpg

1:1 would be nice, so there would be a movie accurate counter part to the coolprops museum head with the tendons you can see in the film. I like that this company takes original promo photos to make their sculptures.

Okay now we are talking. I actually have the ss 1/2 warrior and I really didn't like their 1/2 chap because of the janky teeth paint and the sculpt was odd too.
This is fantastic looking. I hope it has a better assembly than thier chap before. That definitely concerned me, and the paint.
I'm interested for sure.

I've sent them a message to see if I can find out any more info, if it's even a product that is actually in production. I have no idea if they have any English speaking customer service, but I'll report back if I do get a reply.

I, personally like the coolprops version more, just because it is more museal. This got an appearance like a prop, with the neck on the stand. But I like the idea to be as accurate as possible to a photo reference. But I think it needs a special kind of collector for this one. The 1:3 statue is so accurate, but you get a twisted leg and something like that. I guess the gap at the dome will be very obvious at the finished product and I am sure it will be there, because the photo got it too.

Great news but I also see the gape between the dome amb the head...after the experience of their 1/3 scale big chap...we will see...

I'm assuming that dome isn't finished yet. The problem is that we have zero information on this. That could just be a page highlighting the development. Hopefully we'll find out some more soon.

Yeah python but how could it be possible that they post that photos with an unfinished product and after all the problems they had with the dome of their 1/3 statue? I could be interested on this but if the bust came with the same isue than the statue, I’ll save my money for another statue/bust:)

Yeah python but how could it be possible that they post that photos with an unfinished product and after all the problems they had with the dome of their 1/3 statue? I could be interested on this but if the bust came with the same isue than the statue, I’ll save my money for another statue/bust:)

Well yeah, although the issue with that was it staying on due to the position, this one won't have that issue. All they need to do is make it fit and gravity will do the rest, or they could just seal it so long as they paint them properly....

The gap is definitely there in the promo photo:

alienheadclosehd Kopie.jpg

alienheadclosehd Kopie.jpg

The ribbed hose at the edge of the dome should be covered by the dome. But even in the movie you can see some minot gaps, for example in the Brett-scene. I am sure they intended to be 100% correct to the photo, just as they did with the 1:3. The dome here is not yet painted, but I think the form itself don't have quality issues but really should have the gap to be authentic. If its the same guys who made the 1:3, they pay attention to every single detail. But I am not sure, if the gap would be a fail. You hardly notice it in the photo, but at the sculpt it is pretty noticeable. Maybe, if they got enough feedback before releasing, they could fix it. We will see.
On the other hand, these are the best transparent lips and tendons I have ever seen on an Alien. Of course its still a prototype.

I, personally like the coolprops version more, just because it is more museal. This got an appearance like a prop, with the neck on the stand. But I like the idea to be as accurate as possible to a photo reference. But I think it needs a special kind of collector for this one. The 1:3 statue is so accurate, but you get a twisted leg and something like that. I guess the gap at the dome will be very obvious at the finished product and I am sure it will be there, because the photo got it too.

The cp version is a stunt puppet head. It wasn't the one that moves.
This is the rambaldi head design which is far more detailed and intense. The cp has a lot of smoothed out texture. Same as their fiberglass statue replica.
The moment I saw the cp one I had no interest. When I saw this one my jaw dropped. Depending on price, I'm hoping to get this.

The cp version is a stunt puppet head. It wasn't the one that moves.
This is the rambaldi head design which is far more detailed and intense. The cp has a lot of smoothed out texture. Same as their fiberglass statue replica.
The moment I saw the cp one I had no interest. When I saw this one my jaw dropped. Depending on price, I'm hoping to get this.

Yes, you are right. The CP head got also a reference in the Head, that Giger got in his Museum:

wien2011_20 Kopie.jpg

So it is more an idealized piece of Art than a Movie-Prop. But I like that very much. Anyway it always depends on what people are looking for. It's good to have many companies going different ways to portray the Alien these days.
And we all know even in the Movie there were several head-versions. Even such wonky ones:

CnpRKRFXYAA6Qbu.jpg-large.jpeg

Back