MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HLJ's description mentions diecast feet.

-The Endoskeleton from "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" joins the "MAFEX" action-figure team from Medicom! It's fully posable, featuring joints with a wide range of motion to give it expressive motion without destroying the details; its feet are made of die-cast material for heft and ease of posing, and its blaster rifle is included, as is a posable figure stand. Order this iconic character for your own collection today!

medmafex-206_2.jpg
628ab753-ca62-4aab-aed5-b27d6dd29862.jpg
d8f04a4e-c64e-4fa9-ab16-9aa7e5e0eff7.jpg
487e4495-4df4-4953-ae7b-8f67c5b45807.jpg
28ba4e9a-a8c3-43a8-b7f8-b7bb75d34c07.jpg

Unpolpular opinion:
it looks like a shrunken down 1/4, which I don't like.
Don't get me wrong: I love my 1/4, but the head is wrong.
Too elongated, to only name one and this looks exactly the same.
Are there "new" renders the companies use?
The 1/4 was the first, than the "build your"-1/2, now this?
They all look the same.
I'm a sucker for endos, but I think I'm gonna pass...

Unpolpular opinion:
They all look the same.

You’re exactly right. That’s definitely just the 1/4 HT sculpt shrunken down. I’m not sure why that seems to be the go to for “accuracy” for some companies when there’s much better Endo sculpts out there. I don’t like this figure nearly as much as I thought I would. The hands look absolutely horrible.

You’re exactly right. That’s definitely just the 1/4 HT sculpt shrunken down. I’m not sure why that seems to be the go to for “accuracy” for some companies when there’s much better Endo sculpts out there. I don’t like this figure nearly as much as I thought I would. The hands look absolutely horrible.

Absolutely horrible not, not in my book. But I don't need a shrunken down 1/4.

Unpolpular opinion:
They all look the same.
That's why I hadn't yet commented (in addition to so badly now needing a new laptop with properly functioning keys it's not funny) - the damned skinny, miniscule head - I doubted myself, wasn't sure if it was just me. It's a ******* rescaled Hot Toys 1/4 head, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I hadn't yet commented (in addition to so badly now needing a new laptop with properly functioning keys it's not funny) - the damned skinny, miniscule head - I doubted myself, wasn't sure if it was just me. It's a ****ing rescaled Hot Toys 1/4 head, isn't it?

And Agora upscaled it. It's like Snoop says: someone decided that this is the new standard.

And Agora upscaled it. It's like Snoop says: someone decided that this is the new standard.
Has it become mandated by the licensor or something? So if Hot Toys made a new 1/6 it'd have that same anorexic Endoskull? Disappointing, I really hate that sculpt. Sometimes I wonder why I keep my Hot Toys 1/4 - it's just because I'm not inclined to sell Terminator stuff in general.

Has it become mandated by the licensor or something? So if Hot Toys made a new 1/6 it'd have that same anorexic Endoskull? Disappointing, I really hate that sculpt. Sometimes I wonder why I keep my Hot Toys 1/4 - it's just because I'm not inclined to sell Terminator stuff in general.

Because it's an endoskeleton. Same as me.
It's a friggin 1/4, all chrome and beautiful endoskeleton.
Once in hand the defects in the sculpt become less and less obvious...

...and then the 1/6 full diecast PT hit me.

Last edited:
Because it's an endoskeleton. Same as me.
It's a friggin 1/4, all chrome and beautiful endoskeleton.
Once in hand the defects in the sculpt become less and less obious...

...and then the 1/6 full diecast PT hit me.
I actually don't even like the chrome - it's too ''bright'' and too reflective. I own a custom 1/6 done by a member here many years ago (whose handle is difficult to remember due to being a mix of letters and numbers) which has a far more accurate chrome-job.

Old pics

BRUk6UG.jpg

n67DVnk.jpg

bJPppxL.jpg

That looks friggin killer, man.
I like the Genisys HS. It's my stand-in still. Thnking about doing a custom chest piece and be done.^^

The thing is: the chrome isn't too blingy. It's actually toned down, due to light.
A blueish hue would be wrong. The only thing you can do is throw blue light against it.

I think you maybe onto something. I have no idea what the licensor approval process or timeline is (although it seems lengthy inasmuch as hot toys soliciting figures with the likeness blurred "pending approval"), but it may just come down to fast tracking the approval or being able to move forward "knowing" it'll be approved.
How do companies avoid litigation in using another company's sculpt anyway?

Unpolpular opinion:
They all look the same.
Yep. Teeth and "gum line" are so glaring to me.

There's the Endo!! :panic:

I only have the Neca 1/12 for the Endo, so this would be bery welcome!

I guess it's a really complex figure because I can't figure out why there's such a huge jump in price.

Yup, the jump in price on top of an already high price almost seems a bit off-putting, but agree it looks pretty complex and I'm sure they have to find a way for it to be sturdy, since some of the joints per the design are thin.

Last edited:
I actually don't even like the chrome - it's too ''bright'' and too reflective. I own a custom 1/6 done by a member here many years ago (whose handle is difficult to remember due to being a mix of letters and numbers) which has a far more accurate chrome-job.

Old pics

BRUk6UG.jpg

n67DVnk.jpg

bJPppxL.jpg

Man those are some sick displays/dioramas!!! :clap

Would be great if HT released a proper 1/6 T1 & T2 Endo.

Back