MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always in the way to cure my collection, I put out the box my Mafex Robocop, just to have a look at him and decide if he stays or not.
Still an amazing and lovely little figure. It captures all the mood of the movie.
And paired with the Neca ED-209, it’s still a fantastic display IMO.
Still one of my favorite.

Decision made then.(y)

I will never part with my MAFEX Robo and NECA ED. They are two of my very favorite toys of all time, and the culmination of what I've always wanted since I saw the first trailer for RoboCop on TV back in 1987.

I had RoboCop and the Ultra-Police versions by Kenner...the Toy Island stuff....the Horizon vinyl kits....McFarlane, Kotobukiya, NECA, Figma....none of them were ever really what I wanted until MAFEX. All the detail and accuracy of the Hot Toys but at my preferred compact size. When we get the damaged Murphy version later this year, my collection will finally be complete after all these decades!

Now, if I could only say the same for '89 Batman and Batman Returns...still waiting.

The Kenner Robocop was one of my favorite childhood toys. One thing that I always liked was the removable helmet. It was a good little figure that got the job done for the time. I kind of wish the Mafex or even the Neca came with an empty helmet accessory. Other than that, the Mafex figure looks amazing.

Well the first MAFEX version comes with a removable helmet so you can switch out the faceplates. Just have the unhelmeted version holding that piece (it won't have the chinstrap) and it'll look just like a removable helmet.

I'm not aware of any MAFEX actually arriving on the release date given. Most of them are delayed 2-3 months at the very least. Sometimes a full half-year beyond the release date.

It's so rare to hear them making the deadline, but it's absolutely unheard of for them to BEAT the deadline.

I just got an email from amazon japan that Battle Damaged Robo has actually been pushed AHEAD. This is supposed to drop in less than a month....June 18th.

I'm not celebrating just yet, cause this is MAFEX after all. But what a stroke of luck that will be if this figure is not only NOT delayed for several more months, but actually comes in EARLY? Crazy..

Yeah was just looking at my BBTS preorders list after my Mezco '89 Batman shipped and saw that the BD Robocop is next on the schedule (well, after that HIYA Toys clean one that I've debated cancelling). Can't wait. I don't have a huge Mafex collection but they've thoroughly impressed me so far.

Very excited for him.

I just received the T-800 last week and was wondering when Murphy was going to show up.

also hyped, too.

generally mafex is more reliable when it comes to releasing the same molds or something that is repurposed. glad to hear this hasn't been delayed as it looks so good.

meanwhile, kinda interested to see how the Hiya toys figure turns out considering there has been no shots apart from the official photographs. a topic for another thread, probably

Very excited for him.

I just received the T-800 last week and was wondering when Murphy was going to show up.

The Gargoyles sculpt on that T-800 turned out really well didn't it? I don't think they could have achieved a better likeness at this scale. A great figure overall, just a minor inaccuracy with the gloves.

also hyped, too.

generally mafex is more reliable when it comes to releasing the same molds or something that is repurposed. glad to hear this hasn't been delayed as it looks so good.

meanwhile, kinda interested to see how the Hiya toys figure turns out considering there has been no shots apart from the official photographs. a topic for another thread, probably

The HIYA toys looks somewhat stylized, the shapes don't look correct. I have it on order for completist reasons only which is why I've considered cancelling.

The Gargoyles sculpt on that T-800 turned out really well didn't it? I don't think they could have achieved a better likeness at this scale. A great figure overall, just a minor inaccuracy with the gloves.

The HIYA toys looks somewhat stylized, the shapes don't look correct. I have it on order for completist reasons only which is why I've considered cancelling.
The sunglasses are amazing and I love how you can just make out the damaged eye underneath. Between the great head sculpts and the terrific range of motion in the elbows, it’s easily one of my favorite Terminator figures. Yeah the only thing off about it are the gloves.

90% of Tech Noir is there. All they have to do is sculpt a new jacket and gloves hands and they have a new version. It’s so simple.

MAFEX has done what I considered impossible: from December to June they managed to clear a bulk of the enormous backlog of figures waiting to be released. There are still several that have been delayed by months and months and still no release in sight, but they really powered through a lot of them.

The next scheduled release is now officially MURPHY. Finally!!

Should get him in hand in about two weeks.

First "in hand" pics from reddit. Looks to be some kind of hobby shop, possibly Japan or Hong Kong.

Murphy first pics (1).jpg
Murphy first pics (2).jpg
Murphy first pics (3).jpg

looks very close to the prototype, so I'm happy. will need better quality pictures but yeah doesn't look like the face sculpt was downgraded at all.

Definitely some goofy distortion going on...

452643-Murphy-first-pics-1-.jpg

I really hope this is indeed a final production piece. The paint job is outstanding!!

So excited. Hopefully this means the blue one isn’t too far behind.

Blue version still scheduled for August.

Still mad they didn't include the helmeted head on that one.

Blue version still scheduled for August.

Still mad they didn't include the helmeted head on that one.
especially as it looks like they captured the correct shade of blue this time. I was ok the fence about this version but will probably grab it as I skipped the regular Robocop 2 release.

Just been charged for this so it looks like retailers have received the stock. should hopefully see some pictures of the figure in hand soon.

Back