MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
md19202.jpg

md19203.jpg

md19212.jpg

md19205.jpg

md19206.jpg

md19207.jpg

That face sculpt is the best I've ever seen of Weller and Robo. Instant pre order.

Not quite sure what they're planning with BD Robo 2 - guessing it may be a full figure which has a display feature where you can have him as a torso.

I'm a RoboCop fanatic and even I would have trouble paying full MAFEX price for just a torso.

The RoboCop 2 prices are insane on the after-market...it'd be wonderful if they reissued that one to coincide with the torso, however they're choosing to release it. They can probably make the paint a little "bluer" while they're at it..

And ordered. Great looking figure. Although NECA are still the only ones to sculpt battledamage on the black abdominal section.

But that's my dream: RoboCop from the first movie, RoboCop from the end of the first movie, all torn up, exposed Murphy face and Cobra cannon

If I could only have ONE? Battle damaged Murphy face. Hot Toys was a Sistine Chapel worthy piece of art but just too expensive, and I like 1/12 not 1/6. Probably should have bit the bullet and got one though cause it was likely my only chance.

I have my fingers crossed that Mafex could finally be the ones that do it. Prices are already high and that proves there's a market for decent Robo figures at this size. Hell, I'd spend over a hundred for a battle damaged Murphy from Mafex.
MAFEX Battle Damaged RoboCop (2).jpg

I'm at the absolute lowest point I've ever been in in my entire miserable life. I'd try to describe it but it would just be futile, not only cause you can't really accurately describe misery and despair on this grand a scale, and also cause people really don't wanna hear it anyway.

I'm pathetic and hopeless, but at least I'm aware of how pathetic I am. Right now, at the end of summer 2022, the only reason I have to go on living is cause I really want to own a 6 inch toy. I guess this is rock bottom.

Those are the only posts of yours I don't like reading because I hate to think of someone feeling so low about themselves. With your other posts about toys and movies and so on I am always interested in what you have to say, for what that's worth. I know we're just randomers on a tiny section of the internet but to me you're a standout name here. I wish and hope you can pull out of this.

About damn time! How sick will anyone that bought the NECA Ultimate feel now....
Meh, I don't buy much these days so I'm getting both. In fact I have a NECA Ultimate right now. Was surprised to see it in stock on Dublin City Comics website. It's certainly the best paintjob NECA have done for one of their 7'' Robocops, similiar to the old McFarlane Movie Maniacs 7 release. It's still not really an accurate paintjob but if Hot Toys and Enterbay couldn't manage it I would never expect NECA to.

Same old sculpt they've been using for more than 10 years but I knew that already.

I'm going kind of completist with Robo, buying every company's attempt.

The McFarlane still has its charm. It was soooo friggin' cool at the time. It's got a great paint job compared to NECA. It's very stylized, but at the time I got it back in 2004, it was the most accurate movie version of RoboCop I'd ever owned....to my eyes, at least. I'm glad I still have it.

I actually gave my NECA figure away to a kid before I left Japan, cause I just didn't need it anymore. It felt so obsolete. Same with the crappy little Figma version. I'll hold onto the McFarlane though.

I do want to get the new NECA version with the chair for my MAFEX to sit in, but since I'm broke right now I just have to wait til I have money and hope it's still available somewhere.

The problem there is that the NECA is slightly larger. Their scale is 7" and not a particular modelling scale. I like to pose the Mafex RoboCop with the NECA ED-209 even though it is a little out of scale.

NECA's ED-209 is slightly oversized for the MAFEX Robo, but I think it's close enough that I can live with it. The true scale is debatable too cause of the different props and models they used in different shots.

As for the NECA chair, I haven't seen it in person yet, but the NECA figure looks oversized in it, and I found a pic of the MAFEX sitting in it and it looks just right. So I definitely would like to pick it up at some point.

NECA Robo looking like a kid that's just outgrown his high chair:

396890-FXiSLMpUYAELZqg.jpg

MAFEX Robo chilling the NECA chair like it was made for him:

398640-FXsNVdQaAAAHYF5.jpg

Imagine seeing that on the shelf in 1987.

The Kenner Robocop was one of my favorite childhood toys. One thing that I always liked was the removable helmet. It was a good little figure that got the job done for the time. I kind of wish the Mafex or even the Neca came with an empty helmet accessory. Other than that, the Mafex figure looks amazing.

View attachment 596153

I'm at the absolute lowest point I've ever been in in my entire miserable life. I'd try to describe it but it would just be futile, not only cause you can't really accurately describe misery and despair on this grand a scale, and also cause people really don't wanna hear it anyway.

I'm pathetic and hopeless, but at least I'm aware of how pathetic I am. Right now, at the end of summer 2022, the only reason I have to go on living is cause I really want to own a 6 inch toy. I guess this is rock bottom.
I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope things turn around for you. For what it's worth I enjoy reading your RoboCop observations !

New MAFEX reveals leaking out of Japan, and I can't believe RoboCop is coming again so soon after the last one:

FfqIvg9UoAATB36.jpg

First impression was OH MY GOD!! YES!! YES!!!

Then I looked again.....no helmet? Wha? OK, I can understand not reissuing the battle damage or the Cain brain in an attempt to keep the first version "collectible".....but no clean helmet? WTF?? A LOT of us don't have the first RoboCop 2 release!!

I'm as big a MAFEX Robo fanboy as there is, and as awesome as that trashed Murphy torso looks, I don't think I can justify buying this figure without a helmet!!

I was holding out hope that this early magazine solicit just didn't show it, but the figure's collar and neck area is the retooled version from the damaged figure, so no, I don't think a helmeted head will be included. That's such a bummer. This is probably gonna cost double, too cause of the extra torso. I can't afford it. Such a shame.

EDIT: price is actually the same as the last one, 10,780 yen, so honestly that's less than I anticipated. But still.....come on!

The good news is that it looks like this release has finally got the right shade of blue, because the original didn't capture it at all and was still too light in it's colour.

But yeah, the lack of helmet does suck for sure.

Back