MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaaaatttt?????

I wonder if this will ever see the light of day. MAFEX just showed off about a dozen or more toys....if they all come out that's like 2025 territory.

Oh good god I NEEEED this for my RoboCop collection!!!

(It'd be nice if they reissued the RoboCop 2 paint version, too....after market is insane on that one and I foolishly passed on it...)

On one hand, they've given it a paintjob and it's using an existing mold so it could happen. On the other, this is super niche and Robo only appears in this form a few minutes of screen time at most...unless there's more to this figure.

It definitely feels like a rip-off if that's all there is to it. But I still want it.

I'd hope they use the head and do a proper Battle Damage Murphy Reveal like Hot Toys did. This head won't work cause his eyes are rolled into the back of his head! But they could sculpt some damage on the arms and legs of the regular figure and release a proper unmasked Robo that way.

Guess we'll find out, but a battle damaged Robo from the first film makes more sense. His battle damage from ED209 is pretty significant, so you could include a masked and unmasked head. The battle damage options with the current release don't capture the full extent of the damage on the body tbh.

Good lord.

MAFEX Battle Damaged Murphy Reveal RoboCop.jpg

Everything I ever whined and pleaded for Mafex to do........there it is:

Properly battle damaged body, Murphy reveal head, AND the Cobra cannon. Even the baby food, which I didn't even ask for.

Looks like drinking myself to death is gonna have to wait a few years.

Last edited:
Good lord.

View attachment 590229

Properly battle damaged body, Murphy reveal head, AND the Cobra cannon. Even the baby food, which I didn't even ask for.

It's beautiful. :bunnydanc

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Even has the baby food!

Maybe they'll do a two pack with BD Robo from 1&2?

Good lord.

View attachment 590229

Logging on today I initially went into the NECA thread and read your post there where it seemed to me you were writing off the NECA figures based on the Robocop 2 dismembered torso we first saw yesterday which I thought didn't quite add up. Only then did I look for new posts in here.

Well there it is. The Robocop figure you've been begging for. And it looks glorious.

You were right then in what you said. Except for completism the NECA figures will be pretty redundant apart from the chair. The Mafex truly are mini-Hot Toys - which I wouldn't say was a compliment if I was talking about Hot Toys Terminators - but Robocop is some of Hot Toys very best work in terms of the sculpt, engineering and display options. Mafex have wonderfully scaled all of that down.

Some new pics from Japanese twitter, and what I think are the biggest and clearest yet, included a close up of the face, and our first real look at the figure from the front:

MAFEX Battle Damaged Murphy (1).jpg

MAFEX Battle Damaged Murphy (2).jpg

MAFEX Battle Damaged Murphy (3).jpg

MAFEX Battle Damaged Murphy (4).jpg

This is by far my most anticipated and longed for figure. Too bad there's very little chance we'll see it before 2024. I just hope it's not one of those figures that slips through the cracks and never gets released. I think the RoboCop 2 torso is cool, but I can live without it if it never comes to be. But good lord, I freaking NEEEEED this Murphy!!!

There's not much I can add really, it looks great, the battle damage is screen accurate and it looks like they've paid for Weller's likeness as that is his face!

Here's a clearer picture of the RoboCop 2 torso.

Medicom-Toy-Exhibition-2022-MAFEX-025.jpg

I think the most interesting thing is that they got the blue sheen right for this. I don't own the regular Mafex release of R2, but from the pictures I've seen it's not blue enough.

Back