Lord of the Rings, Rings of Power: Potential Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Asmus have the rights to the new show? I am guessing they would be separate since it is a separate company WB vs Amazon. Regardless I still want LOTR figures first and foremost but there are definitely a few from the new show that would be neat to get eventually as long as the series lives up to the expectations set from the first two shows.

I personally wish to see more Gil-Galad invloved to the show,
it was a shame we didn't see much acion from him in the trilogy
Agreed. Gil-Galad is a fascinating character. The prologue in Fellowship is already way longer than it was supposed to be, so I understand tough choices needed to be made. But Gil-Galad was a fierce warrior and honorable king. I hope the show does his character justice.

Yes, if Gil-Galad has more appearance,
that would really help us to push his making,
even if it is in LOTR design. (which I think it is gorgeous too)
I would love Gil-Galad in his Fellowship/Last Alliance armor.

He would look wonderful displayed with the warriors you made previously, and Elrond. Consider me a buyer, if you do make him. I hope you do.

Yes, if Gil-Galad has more appearance,
that would really help us to push his making,
even if it is in LOTR design. (which I think it is gorgeous too)

I would love Gil-Galad in his Fellowship/Last Alliance armor.

He would look wonderful displayed with the warriors you made previously, and Elrond. Consider me a buyer, if you do make him. I hope you do.

Honestly I love the character and designs of Gil-Galad enough that I would certainly get the Fellowship/Last Alliance version AND the new Rings of Power in golden robes look so long as he is portrayed well in the show.

I’d be thrilled to buy a FOTR Gil-Galad, but I’m not buying anything based on the major suck fest that is The Rings of Power.
So far I don't think it's a suck fest, although I understand why folks feel that way.

On the other hand, TBH I just can't get with the way these elves look, for the most part. Peter Jackson, and various artists, depict these high elves as ethereal, high cheekboned beings - Peter Jackson was pretty fussy about casting his elves.

This show just looked like they hired whoever, pretty much, for elves, except for Galadriel. Some of the elves to me look chubby cheeked. I'd rather have a new Thranduil. Doubt I'll get anything from this show; but it's early yet.

Anyway ASMUS might be wary of Amazon licensing - dunno, but figure Amazon will want to recoup its 1 billion $$$$$$$.

Back