LIMTOYS - Outlaws From The West - The Cowboy 1/6 scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one of the many improvements we're doing to the Cowboy according to your feedback.

We're resculpting the hair with finer detail and more accuracy, the head sculpt will be slightly reworked to achieve a better likeness and we will also improve the tailoring on the clothes.

Our goal is to deliver a figure superior to the prototype like we've always strive to do so we look forward to sharing more updates with all of you.
View attachment 617218
Looks great, I think everyone here appreciates the care, love and detail that Lim put into their pieces, always seem to go above and beyond.

Here's one of the many improvements we're doing to the Cowboy according to your feedback.

We're resculpting the hair with finer detail and more accuracy, the head sculpt will be slightly reworked to achieve a better likeness and we will also improve the tailoring on the clothes.

Our goal is to deliver a figure superior to the prototype like we've always strive to do so we look forward to sharing more updates with all of you.
View attachment 617218
And you already got my money. Got to love Limtoys 😍.

I think it looks great. When revising the RDR1 'older John' sculpt, to me it would make sense to use this one as a base, then sculpt on extra wrinkles so it looks like an older version of how you've shown it here, rather than attempt to match the RDR1 game model which did look very different because of the older game graphics. The structure of the face was different between the two games. Just my 2 cents.
Hard disagree, and I will not stand for this RDR1 slander.
We will not remove the RDR1 sculpt, the main issue with it is the paint which will be made more rough with printing details, and his stubble/beard will be much darker with the accurate patterns, it wouldn't really make sense having 2 very similar sculpts with minor differences, especially when taking into account that John's face doesn't change that much in the second game aside from his scars healing over chapters, at least this way there's options for fans of either generation, those who prefer the slightly more stylized/cartoonish John and those who prefer the more grounded/realistic version.

Last edited:
Oh wait ... are we talking about having two separate head sculpts or one head sculpt with different hair pieces?

View attachment 617218
LIM Toys are several cuts above other 1.6 manufacturers ....Thank you

Am already very hyped for a realistic John to be in the making, it will be a long year waiting for two pre orders for him lol. My Arthur that has come before him, is going to it a nice realistic diorama soon to display him in, and so will John.

These figures are so nice, they need a good background around them if it is an option for folks to do

Am already very hyped for a realistic John to be in the making, it will be a long year waiting for two pre orders for him lol. My Arthur that has come before him, is going to it a nice realistic diorama soon to display him in, and so will John.

These figures are so nice, they need a good background around them if it is an option for folks to do
Ahhh my man I know the feeling, I was beyond excited for John but now seeing the updated hair which looks so cool, my hype is doubled. Can't wait to see the final piece and get it!

And yeah, for these figures if you have the space, time and money, a special diorama would just complete the look!

Indeed so Friend.. For Arthur, I am planning the front of a jail building to represent the Strawberry jail. The goal is to recreate a scene like how we probably all wish the mission Blessed are the Meek would have played out, where Arthur doesn't free Micah, but instead just kicks back while he waits for Micah to hang.

When we all get John later in the year, I may have him visiting the Rhodes white Church building or something similar

Indeed so Friend.. For Arthur, I am planning the front of a jail building to represent the Strawberry jail. The goal is to recreate a scene like how we probably all wish the mission Blessed are the Meek would have played out, where Arthur doesn't free Micah, but instead just kicks back while he waits for Micah to hang.

When we all get John later in the year, I may have him visiting the Rhodes white Church building or something similar
I look forward to seeing that display when the time comes!

I look forward to seeing that display when the time comes!
I am looking to have the jail setting in a couple weeks hopefully. By the way R_R_X, the reality that you guys are making an unprecedented figure of John Marston like this, is a great joy to me personally my friend.

I remember when the first RDR came out back in 2010, am getting attached to John and the great storyline. Even more so in the epilogue of RDR2, and to be able to own a figure that looks exactly like him down to every detail, as well as an Arthur one, is pretty incredible in my book. I may just lose it if the winter cowboy coat winds up in the final product of John lol.

I did want to ask you though, do you have any experience with 5K toys? They have a USA stock of Arthur Morgan, and since I live in the states, I have really considered getting a second figure of him from them, but I do not know much about them personally. I wanted to see what you thought though first

I like many shall be interested to see what you can do. Kaustic Plastik are to produce a Jail diorama, however for the money one may be able to do better using wood, heck maybe a saloon too.

Last edited:
I agree, natural materials like wood usually look better I feel.. it is quite difficult to find good 1:6 scale western dioramas I have discovered
You pretty much have to make your own. That’s what I’m doing. But it’s really hard to find the appropriate elements to fill a Western theme in 1/6 scale.

Back