LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind if franchise is done, I think Uncharted 4 has a perfect and peaceful ending,it brings a large and silly smile on my face every time. After Tomb Raider Amazon live action series announcement,Amazon publishing next game, I kinda wish Tomb Raider also ended as perfectly as Uncharted did. They gonna ruin Lara even more now.
This figure gonna stay on our shelves forever and gonna remind us good times. So happy and grateful!
Phoebe Waller-Bridge is coming for Indiana Jones and Lara. Just keep her away from Nate!

I'm actually surprised ND isn't going to be doing any more Uncharted games. With U4's ending/outro, I thought they were really hinting at Cassie becoming the next explorer, and following in her dad's footsteps. She seemed to really have a knack, and interest for the life.

Naughty Dog may not be making them, but there is no way Sony is going to let this franchise be forgotten.
Thats what I was thinking too. Waay too much $$$$ to be made just to throw it all out.
It tells me they have enough confidence in that new IP they're supposedly working on to take it's place. Whatever it may be.

Naughty Dog may not be making them, but there is no way Sony is going to let this franchise be forgotten.
There was a rumor in early December that another studio is working on a reboot, but who knows if that's true.
I'm actually surprised ND isn't going to be doing any more Uncharted games. With U4's ending/outro, I thought they were really hinting at Cassie becoming the next explorer, and following in her dad's footsteps. She seemed to really have a knack, and interest for the life.
I'm glad they're not continuing on with that. It would just feel like Tomb Raider lite.

I'm perfectly ok with U4 being the last game we got. It's a beautiful send off to Nate as he finally found the greatest treasure he was looking for which was his family. There is no need to continue the story unless it's a remake of U1,U2,U3, Golden Abyss or a game of a young Nate when he started his adventures with Sully as R.R.X stated. The game series can be remembered for the good times we had with it. Sometimes good things come to an end, and as Dr.Seuss said once "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" I'll hold this figure as the most important character in my collection next to Indy and Batman. Thank you R.R.X for making this possible again I can't say it enough.

I never want to see another Uncharted game made. What we have is perfect, an I can play them whenever I want. I hate this endless trend of reboots, remakes, and remasters devolving great stories and characters into meaningless logos to be glued onto whatever rehashed garbage rolls down the chute

Ofcourse like everything at a point they will destroy the legacy of these games from being greedy. We just have to preserve our memory of them like star wars

I'm curious about the Deluxe Nate version, will the sculpted base be the same hexagonal shape as Arthur's and John's?(and of course hopefully Dutch's) Will you keep that shape throughout your releases? I really like the hexagonal display way more than the others, looks so much better.

Hope this hasn't been asked before and I'm just repeating, genuinely curious about it, I really love the sculpted and detailed bases it literally completes the figure. Can't wait to see the release!!!

I'm curious about the Deluxe Nate version, will the sculpted base be the same hexagonal shape as Arthur's and John's?(and of course hopefully Dutch's) Will you keep that shape throughout your releases? I really like the hexagonal display way more than the others, looks so much better.

Hope this hasn't been asked before and I'm just repeating, genuinely curious about it, I really love the sculpted and detailed bases it literally completes the figure. Can't wait to see the release!!!
Yes all the bases will keep the hexagonal design.

Cassie?
1675096070241.png

My problem with making Cassie a protagonist is that is would directly go against what Nate and Elena wanted for their future, and by default, their daughter's future. Uncharted 4 is all about Nate going back into the game and he and Elena realizing they still have that itch, and Sam's gift of the treasure enabling them to have the means to do it the right way moving forward. In the epilogue we see that they've clearly been successful and have achieved some level of fame. It's everything Nate and Elena wanted - adventure and security.

Bringing Cassie back in obviously doesn't work if they're going to make everything done properly in the game. It won't have that same excitement in terms of gunplay, and from a storyline perspective, how do you end Nate's story and not expect him to be back in some role if the daughter is the main protagonist?

As I've said, I'm all for more Uncharted but it's gotta be Chloe in the lead, we already saw it works in Lost Legacy and between Sam, Charlie and Nadine there's enough legacy characters to have a full team but still make it feel fresh. They can stop numbering the games the way the Assassin's Creed games did after Black Flag to signal that they were moving on from Desmond and just give the games a name under a Chloe lead instead.

Giving Chloe a run of 2-3 games as the lead gives them time to wrap up Charlie and Nadine's storylines and give them an exit while introducing a new character to take over the franchise if they wish to keep it going. They can finish off Charlie in the first game, introduce the new lead in the second game and have them run with Chloe, Sam and Nadine while then finishing Nadine, and then the last game can give Chloe a good ending while then setting up the new character to take over with Sam sticking around in a Sully type role.

That would work much better to make sure these other characters had a chance to wrap their stories without Nate and Elena coming back. I don't want to see some nonsense happening to them after they got a happy ending.

My problem with making Cassie a protagonist is that is would directly go against what Nate and Elena wanted for their future, and by default, their daughter's future. Uncharted 4 is all about Nate going back into the game and he and Elena realizing they still have that itch, and Sam's gift of the treasure enabling them to have the means to do it the right way moving forward. In the epilogue we see that they've clearly been successful and have achieved some level of fame. It's everything Nate and Elena wanted - adventure and security.

Bringing Cassie back in obviously doesn't work if they're going to make everything done properly in the game. It won't have that same excitement in terms of gunplay, and from a storyline perspective, how do you end Nate's story and not expect him to be back in some role if the daughter is the main protagonist?

As I've said, I'm all for more Uncharted but it's gotta be Chloe in the lead, we already saw it works in Lost Legacy and between Sam, Charlie and Nadine there's enough legacy characters to have a full team but still make it feel fresh. They can stop numbering the games the way the Assassin's Creed games did after Black Flag to signal that they were moving on from Desmond and just give the games a name under a Chloe lead instead.

Giving Chloe a run of 2-3 games as the lead gives them time to wrap up Charlie and Nadine's storylines and give them an exit while introducing a new character to take over the franchise if they wish to keep it going. They can finish off Charlie in the first game, introduce the new lead in the second game and have them run with Chloe, Sam and Nadine while then finishing Nadine, and then the last game can give Chloe a good ending while then setting up the new character to take over with Sam sticking around in a Sully type role.

That would work much better to make sure these other characters had a chance to wrap their stories without Nate and Elena coming back. I don't want to see some nonsense happening to them after they got a happy ending.
I'm fine with it to be honest, having Cassie take after Nate would only be natural and I don't think they would ruin Nate's ending if they brought him back for a small cameo either, plus to the general consumer Cassie will be a more appealing protagonist because she is a Drake, I don't think many people look that deeply at Uncharted or will think the ending is ruined if they reboot the franchise with Cassie instead of Chloe and Nadine and while Charlie was a cool dude I really don't care about him and let's be honest Uncharted is a money maker most of us will come back no matter if we're playing as Nate, Chloe, Cassie, Sam or someone new.

I'm fine with it to be honest, having Cassie take after Nate would only be natural and I don't think they would ruin Nate's ending if they brought him back for a small cameo either, plus to the general consumer Cassie will be a more appealing protagonist because she is a Drake, I don't think many people look that deeply at Uncharted or will think the ending is ruined if they reboot the franchise with Cassie instead of Chloe and Nadine and while Charlie was a cool dude I really don't care about him and let's be honest Uncharted is a money maker most of us will come back no matter if we're playing as Nate, Chloe, Cassie, Sam or someone new.
That's exactly why I'd prefer Chloe - let's leave the Drakes behind before anyone can screw up their story. I feel like so many characters get brought back or strung along until everyone just ends up irritated and arguing over what happened to them. Luke Skywalker and Lara Croft are legacy characters that have proved to be divisive in their recent iterations, look at how split everyone ended up over Joel's death and I'd be willing to bet there's going to be a massive firestorm over the Indiana Jones movie when it releases.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I'd just prefer the Drakes get left behind so they can't get screwed up. Lord knows the movie wasn't great. It would have been fine if it was a movie called "Amazing Adventure!" or something, but there was really no difference between Nathan Drake and Peter Parker with the way Tom Holland played it. And don't get me started on Sully.

Maybe a new studio will respect the source material but it feels like Sony is content to be making money and just leaving it up to the individual studios to see their characters though. If they announced something like Uncharted with an Atlantis or Babylon or Troy setting, everyone is playing it regardless of if it's Cassie or Chloe, so it's just my preference to roll the dice with Chloe.

That's exactly why I'd prefer Chloe - let's leave the Drakes behind before anyone can screw up their story. I feel like so many characters get brought back or strung along until everyone just ends up irritated and arguing over what happened to them. Luke Skywalker and Lara Croft are legacy characters that have proved to be divisive in their recent iterations, look at how split everyone ended up over Joel's death and I'd be willing to bet there's going to be a massive firestorm over the Indiana Jones movie when it releases.

I'm not saying you're wrong - I'd just prefer the Drakes get left behind so they can't get screwed up. Lord knows the movie wasn't great. It would have been fine if it was a movie called "Amazing Adventure!" or something, but there was really no difference between Nathan Drake and Peter Parker with the way Tom Holland played it. And don't get me started on Sully.

Maybe a new studio will respect the source material but it feels like Sony is content to be making money and just leaving it up to the individual studios to see their characters though. If they announced something like Uncharted with an Atlantis or Babylon or Troy setting, everyone is playing it regardless of if it's Cassie or Chloe, so it's just my preference to roll the dice with Chloe.
This is interesting… but honestly hope at the very least is a brand new character and at the most a new IP entirely. My biggest complaint with RE7 was that it’s a resident evil game over a new IP with unlimited potential. I don’t think Chloe is a strong enough character that she can’t lead her own game never mind the he franchise moving forward. Don’t get me wrong I like Chloe but she is no substitute for Nathan Drake. Lost legacy from what I can tell didn’t do that well and is essentially dlc released with the good will from uncharted 4. I’d rather they not mess with the ending of 4 and include Cassie but I am not completely against it because she’s still essentially a brand new character tho I will spend the entire game waiting for old man Nate to show up looking like Logan beard included.

If I could pick, I would love a game with Sam and Sully, but Richard McGonagle (Sully) retired I believe, so that won't happen. I would also like a game with Sam, Chloe and Cutter all together. I liked Lost Legacy, but I'm not a fan of Nadine. Apparently, that game was going to have Cutter instead of Nadine, but Neil decided against it. When I heard that I was mad, because I thought those two worked great together and Cutter is a much better character. It seems like Neil just wanted to put in his own character instead. I think it would've been better with Cutter.
I'm fine with it to be honest, having Cassie take after Nate would only be natural and I don't think they would ruin Nate's ending if they brought him back for a small cameo either

FOOOOORE!!!!!!

Back