LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it guys. RRX has been silent, so announcement is just around the corner. Hoping it’s a few days from now, still in November.
Yeah uh.. maybe not so soon. 😅 We're doing some things differently so need a bit more time, also we're no sure announcing it so close ot christmas will be a good idea but we'll see.

Yeah uh.. maybe not so soon. 😅 We're doing some things differently so need a bit more time, also we're no sure announcing it so close ot christmas will be a good idea but we'll see.
Part of me was actually wondering if the lower John numbers had anything to do with holidays coming up. Inflation around the world is hurting so many. As I've mentioned I sold my house in September and I'm staying at my parent's place until I find a new one, so I'm trying to dump as much money into hobby related things while I have the free cash flow. Many aren't so lucky. I can't help but wonder if perhaps people didn't place an order with all of the holiday spending on the horizon, in addition to a bunch of other figures releasing lately.

I know Nate is such an important release for you guys. I really, really don't want to have to wait into 2024 for this guy to be on my shelf, and I even more don't want to have to wait until 2025 for any potential Sully/Chloe/Elena, but if means stronger numbers in sales after Christmas passes, I'm all for it.

I know patience is hard in this hobby but we all gotta stay strong and make sure Lim has our support on this release.

Definitely not a good idea...
Around February maybe, when the christmas backlash has faded...
You said Nate would be your litmus test, so I definitely wouldn't risk it.

I'm goanna lose it if Lim decided to actually release this figure within a few months after it's preorder. Which is why not dropping it before Christmas is the more logical thing to do in that scenario. I'll be very happy if it did though. Lol

To follow the question above, is there a chance the production-to-release window will be shorter on this one? I know you had mentioned that was a goal of yours for the future, although the lockdown situation seems to make that more impractical. My guess is you're tweaking some things on the accessories, but would love any clarity you can give us.

I definitely feel it's a fair question given the new Asmus business model of figures ready to ship and how well Gandalf the White turned out.

To follow the question above, is there a chance the production-to-release window will be shorter on this one? I know you had mentioned that was a goal of yours for the future, although the lockdown situation seems to make that more impractical. My guess is you're tweaking some things on the accessories, but would love any clarity you can give us.

I definitely feel it's a fair question given the new Asmus business model of figures ready to ship and how well Gandalf the White turned out.
We're still discussing on how to proceed with this and other future releases, right now the current idea is to have 2 versions:

-The default version which is basically the figure itself with some necessary accessories like flashlight, gun and such and a regular sticker base, this is something that will be able to be sold at a very affordable price and easily produced.

-The deluxe version with a more detailed sculpted base and all the other cool accessories that take up most of the production costs including any seperate heads, this version will likely be limited to a specific number and will cost a bit more.

Due to so many things out of our control we have to start thinking smarter and ditch our old ways of making figures with so many accessories, seperate heads and sculpted bases for dirt cheap, our hope is that this new business model we're discussing can still provide the best of both worlds to people who don't want to spend too much on video game figures and the die hard fans who want all the goodies.

Last edited:
I kind of wish Harem would've done something similar with their upcoming Alice figure. If I could've saved $40-80 by not including that giant base, I probably would have opted for a basic version.
As it stands now, I'll be paying $430 for her with a giant base I don't really need, want or even have room for. :cry:
So having different purchase options for these figures sounds like a good idea. Although with Oh Crap Guy, I'd most likely try to get the deluxe version anyway.

We're still discussing on how to proceed with this and other future releases, right now the current idea is to have 2 versions:

-The default version which is basically the figure itself with some necessary accessories like flashlight, gun and such and a regular sticker base, this is something that will be able to be sold at a very affordable price and easily produced.

-The deluxe version with a more detailed sculpted base and all the other cool accessories that take up most of the production costs including any seperate heads, this version will likely be limited to a specific number and will cost a bit more.

Due to so many things out of our control we have to start thinking smarter and ditch our old ways of making figures with so many accessories, seperate heads and sculpted bases for dirt cheap, our hope is that this new business model we're discussing can still provide the best of both worlds to people who don't want to spend too much on video game figures and the die hard fans who want all the goodies.
This seems like a very good idea to me. This way you aren’t pricing people out due to production costs but you also cater to the die hard fans by offering a ton of extra stuff. Everyone wins.

How many deluxe version would you be thinking you’d produce? I’d definitely want to make sure I got one, especially for any Uncharted releases you may offer.

I guess I’d also just be curious how long you think this might delay this figure, although I understand if you prefer not to answer that right now.

Need to pick up one of these coins to go along this figure

IMG_20221129_015540.jpg

Probably gotta go deluxe with this one

I'm open to that idea also, that has seemed to work before with other brands. I'll definitely get deluxe Nate no matter what, if Lim is actually open to the idea to give Nate two outfits in his Deluxe that being Madagascar Nate which is his default outfit and his scotland outfit. That would be pretty cool, and the normal edition will obviously be the default outfit but that can work out having two sculpts.

I for one think it's a great ideea. I'm a sucker for stands so I'll probably go for the deluxe version. I really dislike simple stands like I have on my HT figures I've recently got... The base just completes the figure in my eyes. I'd do everything for a good base even if I can't afford the price :lol .

It makes absolute perfect sense to put the simple stand with the simple version even if I would pay a little more to get a better base with the simple version, would that be possible? Lim makes such awesome stands ... Regardless, he's already bought in my eyes :)

How many deluxe version would you be thinking you’d produce? I’d definitely want to make sure I got one, especially for any Uncharted releases you may offer.

I guess I’d also just be curious how long you think this might delay this figure, although I understand if you prefer not to answer that right now.
We're still in the discussion phase but probably not a lot.

I have no idea there's too many factors out of our control even if we do more simple figures.

As much as I want to see the full reveal, this is probably for the best. Would rather have you iron out the details now so we have a stronger release for the future. I'm buying it no matter how long I have to wait, so take your time. Depending on the price difference between the two models, and what all accessories are included, I'd likely go for the deluxe version- but only time will tell. You guys are gonna kill this figure, I know it. Looking forward to future news. I have my wallet at the ready.

For what my 2¢ might be worth...as far as the deluxe goes, I'd think a 1:1 preorder to production ratio which is capped after X days of being open is ideal. Maximize your tooling for the extra parts without making excess. Throw a few on top for the stragglers and you're still keeping the order volume lower than making a set run, right?

Hype is still huge for Nate even if it's been quiet for a while here I'm pretty sure of that. I can't wait to see the masterpiece Lim will give us.

I was just wondering myself as to when we'll get an announcement on this. It sounded like the figure was done - I believe at the end of the summer they were just waiting on the face to be painted, which we now know is done. I had been thinking at first they wanted to get John up and then space it out a bit to not drain people on pre-orders, but now that they're tweaking things based on the accessory sets, I wonder how long it will be before we see something.

John pre-orders cut off in a couple of weeks, I'm hopeful Nate pre-orders will begin shortly after.

Back