LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see other characters from the series to be honest, it would be cool to have Bill in 1/6 form, or Tommy, would love to have a display of Joel and Tommy together.

Do y’all think there will be other companies who’ll tackle the HBO show? And who do y’all think would do em if they did?
I've always said I think these figures look best in sets of 3 if you aren't doing an entire shelf dedicated to a line or something. Tommy would be really cool to see. For better or worse, he was around for some of the bigger moments in both Part 1 and 2, and he'd look good with Joel and Ellie, considering he is Joel's brother and all. I'd definitely be interested in adding either him or Dina, if Lim or Master Team made them.

As far as the show, it's clearly a hit, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes them. ThreeZero would be my guess since they already have a relationship with HBO, and they tend to do more TV figures (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Stranger Things, etc). Hot Toys seems to only focus on Disney and DC these days, Damtoys is mostly video games and military, Lim just does video games, InArt definitely isn't far enough along to go for that license yet. I don't think it'd be in any of their wheelhouses.

Unless it's the winter version, there's also the problem of sourcing an appropriate body or making a unique one, which would likely be too expensive for a character who may not sell in large enough numbers anyway. Such a body also wouldn't have much re-use to recoup the investment.
:exactly:
Not only is she a very controversial character and very hated by the asian demographic she's also got a very "unique" design for lack of a better term which would require a custom body, especially for seamless arms and all that and once you factor in the cost of making her and all the controversy the conslusion is she probably won't do very well, I mean even we she only came in a two pack with Ellie or Joel it would still be a gamble, especially if people can purchase Ellie or Joel on their own.

I've always said I think these figures look best in sets of 3 if you aren't doing an entire shelf dedicated to a line or something. Tommy would be really cool to see. For better or worse, he was around for some of the bigger moments in both Part 1 and 2, and he'd look good with Joel and Ellie, considering he is Joel's brother and all. I'd definitely be interested in adding either him or Dina, if Lim or Master Team made them.

As far as the show, it's clearly a hit, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes them. ThreeZero would be my guess since they already have a relationship with HBO, and they tend to do more TV figures (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Stranger Things, etc). Hot Toys seems to only focus on Disney and DC these days, Damtoys is mostly video games and military, Lim just does video games, InArt definitely isn't far enough along to go for that license yet. I don't think it'd be in any of their wheelhouses.

Threezero was suggested before, and I can't remember if it was you or not. They do sound like the prime candidate for licensed figures.

Without the constraints of licensing, and supposing LIM don't go for it, there's CC Toys or Master Team.

Outside of those there's the Mars Toys family (Mars/Saturn/DAF/Yan/Bee/Six Feet Lane Studios/S-Hero), since they do a bit of everything from older movies and series to the more up to date ones.

Not only is she a very controversial character and very hated by the asian demographic she's also got a very "unique" design for lack of a better term which would require a custom body, especially for seamless arms and all that and once you factor in the cost of making her and all the controversy the conslusion is she probably won't do very well, I mean even we she only came in a two pack with Ellie or Joel it would still be a gamble, especially if people can purchase Ellie or Joel on their own.

It's a double whammy unfortunately. :(

Thank you Sir. That's what I said and ppl got upset.

Threezero was suggested before, and I can't remember if it was you or not. They do sound like the prime candidate for licensed figures.

Without the constraints of licensing, and supposing LIM don't go for it, there's CC Toys or Master Team.

Outside of those there's the Mars Toys family (Mars/Saturn/DAF/Yan/Bee/Six Feet Lane Studios/S-Hero), since they do a bit of everything from older movies and series to the more up to date ones.
SWToys could do them as well, since they're doing a Tom Holland Nathan Drake. Not sure the TV versions would sell all that well, since people aren't huge fans of the casting, even though the show is widely liked so far.

Fair enough - Would a Winter or Santa Barabara version be easier to produce, considering her body is pretty much hidden in the first and less buff in the second? I mean at this point I would even settle for a face sculpt + clothes pack and be happy to find a generic male body to go with it, even if it's not 100% accurate, a good head and set of clothing would be good enough for me. I just want that LIM quality Abby haha

I would like to see other characters from the series to be honest, it would be cool to have Bill in 1/6 form, or Tommy, would love to have a display of Joel and Tommy together.

Do y’all think there will be other companies who’ll tackle the HBO show? And who do y’all think would do em if they did?
I would absolutely love Bill and Tommy. Marlene and Tess, too! So many good characters to choose from. On the other hand, I'm not interested in the HBO versions at all.

I would love to see some figures from the show, I’m a big Pedro Pascal fan and I like his portrayal of Joel, I wasn’t too sure about it but I’m enjoying it for sure!

SWToys could do them as well, since they're doing a Tom Holland Nathan Drake. Not sure the TV versions would sell all that well, since people aren't huge fans of the casting, even though the show is widely liked so far.
After the Sadie debacle, I can promise I will never buy another SW Toys figure. They could make Captain Flint from Black Sails, a character I desperately want and am entirely positive no one will ever make, and I wouldn't buy it from them. SW Toys always drops in quality from proto to production in a big way, and their prototypes already are far from perfect.

Thats definitely not how you put it.. but ok.
Don't need to be as sensitive,English isn't my first language so maybe I used wrong wording. It doesn't matter for me if there gonna be Abby figure or not,there are so many figures I don't care about,so one more,one less doesn't matter. 1/6 figures are still a business and copanies need to think about profit,not about my or your wishes. I just said that she's a hated character and you got it personally. Geralt and Lara are my fav characters and I don't tell people to "move on"when they talk about them and not sharing my opinions,bc I simply don't care. This is a public forum and if someone doesn't agree with you that doesn't mean u need to attack them and tell them to shut up.That's it,good luck I hope you'll get her in some point.

After the Sadie debacle, I can promise I will never buy another SW Toys figure. They could make Captain Flint from Black Sails, a character I desperately want and am entirely positive no one will ever make, and I wouldn't buy it from them. SW Toys always drops in quality from proto to production in a big way, and their prototypes already are far from perfect.
Never said they'd be good lol.

So I’m fairly new to 1/6, the gunslinger is my first official 1/6 figure, what brands should I stay away from if they do make the HBO figures? Obviously SW Toys is what I should stay away from but what would others be?

Don't need to be as sensitive,English isn't my first language so maybe I used wrong wording. It doesn't matter for me if there gonna be Abby figure or not,there are so many figures I don't care about,so one more,one less doesn't matter. 1/6 figures are still a business and copanies need to think about profit,not about my or your wishes. I just said that she's a hated character and you got it personally. Geralt and Lara are my fav characters and I don't tell people to "move on"when they talk about them and not sharing my opinions,bc I simply don't care. This is a public forum and if someone doesn't agree with you that doesn't mean u need to attack them and tell them to shut up.That's it,good luck I hope you'll get her in some point.
Your replies came off very negative and dismissive towards anyone who’d want an Abby figure or is a fan of part 2. And I’m clearly not the only one who didn’t appreciate your tone. I was just trying to keep the peace by telling you to please move on and stop being so negative. I’m not taking it personally, I’m just annoyed that at the end you still tried having the last word.

Anyways, I’m done with this whole discussion and I will not be replying further on this matter.

So I’m fairly new to 1/6, the gunslinger is my first official 1/6 figure, what brands should I stay away from if they do make the HBO figures? Obviously SW Toys is what I should stay away from but what would others be?
Third party figures are always a gamble except for a few brands that have generally been good in my experience CCtoys, Mttoys, Lim and Soosoo rarely have any quality issues.

I wouldn’t straight up tell you to avoid SW toys alltogether. For years they have been the only company to ever make Lara Croft figures. Their releases always had their issues but with a bit of customisation and a bodyswap they can still look very decent. Besides, their figures are usually pretty cheap compared to others. So you could invest the money you “saved” on a better body etc.

When you buy from SW just manage your expectations or wait for reviews before buying.

Your replies came off very negative and dismissive towards anyone who’d want an Abby figure or is a fan of part 2. And I’m clearly not the only one who didn’t appreciate your tone. I was just trying to keep the peace by telling you to please move on and stop being so negative. I’m not taking it personally, I’m just annoyed that at the end you still tried having the last word.

Anyways, I’m done with this whole discussion and I will not be replying further on this matter.
Farewell.

IGoiEjsJ_400x400.jpg

I think they'll recast Ellie. Bella may be 20 but she does look much younger.
Seriously? Have you seen the hype Bella is getting! Neil and Craig are clearly obsessed with her too. That isn’t happening!

Hair, makeup and costume are making her look 14 years old. I think it’s safe to say they can make her look her own age by the time to come filming!

Seriously? Have you seen the hype Bella is getting! Neil and Craig are clearly obsessed with her too. That isn’t happening!

Hair, makeup and costume are making her look 14 years old. I think it’s safe to say they can make her look her own age by the time to come filming!
I think the best thing to do would be to give us a second season that happens in between the first and second game (You know, banking on the flashbacks which were some of the best parts of the second game) and then do a third season that recounts the events of the second game.
So in 3 years, Bella + dirdier/older makeup would clearly be older than her first season appearance.

Yes seriously. Of course there's hype, she's one of the stars. But that doesn't mean squat - look at what just happened to Henry Cavill's Superman. Studios can do exactly what they please. And if she still looks very young in a few years as she does in her very recent interviews, recasting is absolutely a possibility.

Back