LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say let them catch up on their other releases first, then release more info on these two when they're actually ready to do so (even though I am curious as heck to see how they'll look lol).
And I get why some folks are pissed. I wouldn't be too happy either if I was on that Conner list. lol
Not kissing Lim's ass, but we all know how they work by now. They take their time because they actually give a **** about the final product. Unlike 80% of manufacturers out there.
I did preorder Conner. I forgot about it until last week. I do remember them saying they had to start over.
But didn't they say something last March about showing off these figures near the shows release? Then they dropped off the face of the earth. Granted I don't spend every minute of my life here, so maybe I missed something.

I rather some updates or some progress shots of some sort just to show that the projects are still trickling along. I don't like this quietness which kinda feels like they're robbing our money with long missed deadlines.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Preordered him in 2019 expected release 2020. 💀

Fast forward to 2024. 🤡

I rather some updates or some progress shots of some sort just to show that the projects are still trickling along. I don't like this quietness which kinda feels like they're robbing our money with long missed deadlines.
Hot Toys misses deadlines all the time. InArt has missed every deadline so far. Damtoys has been missing deadlines for years.

Do you feel those companies are robbing you too? Probably not, since they always deliver.

We used to get progress shots and production updates from Lim, which is more than just about every other company except Asmus was giving us. So I'm not sure why Lim gets singled out when they actually tried to be transparent about what was going on. It's the constant nonsense comments from people that made it stop.

True, I won't deny that.
But maybe the companies should grow thicker skin. I swear they said they would announce these figures near the shows release. It's been a year. Did they lie? I don't like liars.
And why are you defending this company anyway? Are they giving you free stuff?
I defend the company because I like their work, and I like R_R_X and I'm pretty mad that stupid nonsense chased him away when he was enjoyable to talk to, he gave us plenty of updates and actually listened to our feedback.

I've never gotten a free figure in my life and it's a pretty jackass thing to assume someone is getting free stuff because they don't have a torch or pitchfork out.

1/6 companies missing deadlines in general is not the issue here. Most figures are at most 1-2 yrs later than the estimated release date.

What makes people mad is that Lim takes 2-3 yrs longer than the ETA at minimum. If we got regular updates that would atleast give people some peace of mind.

But Connor has been going on 5 years since announcement, 4 years past the original ETA. It’s a ridiculous amount of time for a figure. And meanwhile Lim stays silent, no apology, no update, no official statement. Nothing. It’s not fair to their clientele especially the people who paid in full.

When confronted they give us gaslighty responses: We shouldn’t feel this way because they’re júst a third party company. We shouldn’t feel this way because all companies have delays. We shouldn’t feel this way because their figures are so much cheaper than anyone elses. Why are we ruining their reputation, if we loved them so much? Why do we want them to communicate, no other third party company communicates with their customers so why do we expect them to? They can’t give us an apology because they wouldn’t want to draw attention, how can WE not understand that?

A lot of peoples money is in limbo and they act like it’s normal because all figures are “a little late”, right?

Look, I come off very negatively but the truth is that Limtoys makes great figures. It’s a company that I want to see succeed every step of the way. I will always support them and buy their products. I can tell the people who work for them are passionate. But their communication (or lack there of) SUCKS. They can claim all they want that theyre not communicating because it’s not the norm for third party companies.

But they could literally contact retailers and have them send out an email to everyone who bought their figures with a short explanation. Like Buzztoys did when their Witcher figure was two years late. It’s really not that hard and not that much to ask of them.

As far as these Last of us figures go, I think we should cut them some slack. RRX said they aren’t announcing the figures any time soon. They are gonna wait until they’re well into production. Because they want to learn from their mistakes and shorten the wait time for us. Which is a great first step. Attacking them for being late for a figure annnouncement is pretty crazy behaviour. Like sure we can ask if there are any updates. But to attack them for something that doesn’t exist yet is unhinged. They don’t owe us anything. We haven’t paid for these yet, no harm done.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this thread be locked? There's no figures to discuss, they haven't even been announced yet. We have people posting their Last of Us customs, which are off-topic for this thread. There's literally nothing to discuss relevant to the topic of the thread.

If you want to complain about delays, at least complain about it in the relevant thread.

Shouldn't this thread be locked? There's no figures to discuss, they haven't even been announced yet. We have people posting their Last of Us customs, which are off-topic for this thread. There's literally nothing to discuss relevant to the topic of the thread.

If you want to complain about delays, at least complain about it in the relevant thread.
Thanks for giving us the instructions.

1/6 companies missing deadlines in general is not the issue here. Most figures are at most 1-2 yrs later than the estimated release date.

What makes people mad is that Lim takes 2-3 yrs longer than the ETA at minimum. If we got regular updates that would atleast give people some peace of mind.

But Connor has been going on 5 years since announcement, 4 years past the original ETA. It’s a ridiculous amount of time for a figure. And meanwhile Lim stays silent, no apology, no update, no official statement. Nothing. It’s not fair to their clientele especially the people who paid in full.

When confronted they give us gaslighty responses: We shouldn’t feel this way because they’re júst a third party company. We shouldn’t feel this way because all companies have delays. We shouldn’t feel this way because their figures are so much cheaper than anyone elses. Why are we ruining their reputation, if we loved them so much? Why do we want them to communicate, no other third party company communicates with their customers so why do we expect them to? They can’t give us an apology because they wouldn’t want to draw attention, how can WE not understand that?

A lot of peoples money is in limbo and they act like it’s normal because all figures are “a little late”, right?

Look, I come off very negatively but the truth is that Limtoys makes great figures. It’s a company that I want to see succeed every step of the way. I will always support them and buy their products. I can tell the people who work for them are passionate. But their communication (or lack there of) SUCKS. They can claim all they want that theyre not communicating because it’s not the norm for third party companies.

But they could literally contact retailers and have them send out an email to everyone who bought their figures with a short explanation. Like Buzztoys did when their Witcher figure was two years late. It’s really not that hard and not that much to ask of them.

As far as these Last of us figures go, I think we should cut them some slack. RRX said they aren’t announcing the figures any time soon. They are gonna wait until they’re well into production. Because they want to learn from their mistakes and shorten the wait time for us. Which is a great first step. Attacking them for being late for a figure annnouncement is pretty crazy behaviour. Like sure we can ask if there are any updates. But to attack them for something that doesn’t exist yet is unhinged. They don’t owe us anything. We haven’t paid for these yet, no harm done.
Yeah you've pretty much nailed how I feel about LIM, delays and third party overall.

If I can be honest about my own experience being in the 1/6 game for nearly 10 years, I'm ok with waiting. Perhaps that's because I don't pay in full, ever. At best I will pay a deposit and that's it. I can budget myself just fine to ensure I'm not in debt. With that being said I can understand people that paid in full for their Connor 5 years ago and they still haven't gotten their figure, I pre-ordered day one with TNS too as a matter of fact.

What I would want as a consumer are updates, any updates are appreciated even minor ones. I don't like being left in the dark for 5 years, waiting and hoping.

I would prefer it be renamed to Third Party Last of Us figures thread.

Whenever someone announces an official line we can get an official thread.

Back