LIM Toys - Other Outlaw Guy (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're happy that you all seem to like it, thank you!

Thanks, that's what we are going for!

Do whatever you like man. ;)
I know now a days this is the worst thing to ask of a manufacturer, but if you are able, could you give out a very rough idea of how long your timeline is from reveal to pre-order to hopefully release?

No worries if it's too early or things are too certain over there right now.

I know now a days this is the worst thing to ask of a manufacturer, but if you are able, could you give out a very rough idea of how long your timeline is from reveal to pre-order to hopefully release?

No worries if it's too early or things are too certain over there right now.
We're going to announce it this summer and shoot for a release later in the year.

We're going to announce it this summer and shoot for a release later in the year.
That’s awesome.

I didn’t mention before, the sculpt really looks great. Great, great work my friend. You and the team are doing some amazing stuff.

I feel like the hair is too long for the older version. But I'll wait and see for the version with the hat-wearing hair. I'm used to seeing older John with the hair kinda pushed back, not hanging down around his face.

Wait...what?! We are talking about that other outlaw guy right?? The Mohn Jarston guy?
You guys are seriously pushing for a 2022 release?
Thats a heck of a lot faster than I was expecting. lol I was thinking he for sure wouldn't show up until sometime early 2024.

Wait...what?! We are talking about that other outlaw guy right?? The Mohn Jarston guy?
Thats a heck of a lot faster than I was expecting. lol I was thinking he for sure wouldn't show up until sometime early 2024.
Masterpieces takes time.

Not everyone is backed up like Hot Toys haha.

I think realistically everyone should probably expect 1Q next year but hey, we know how much pride they put into their product and if they can get it out this year, that would be incredible.

Lim don't have 100 products up for pre-order clogging up the production line like Hot Toys do.

I feel like the hair is too long for the older version. But I'll wait and see for the version with the hat-wearing hair. I'm used to seeing older John with the hair kinda pushed back, not hanging down around his face.
We will have a 1911 older head with the shorter hair too!
All our previous figures went through an intense redesign phase which is why they took and are still taking so long to release, going forward we'll be making sure that 99% of the prototypes is what ends up being produced so we will have much faster production times, our Leon figure is the best example of what to expect for the future and even that one went through some changes from proto to final.

Future looks bright ! Can't wait to see what you guys are preparing for us.

Oh, good to know. I was confused by referring to them by years. It looked like an Epilogue head to me, and it seems like it is. Earlier there was talk about doing RDR2 and RDR1 heads, so I assumed this was the 'old John' head. I know you were trying to keeping fans of both games happy, so will there end up being a third '1899' head? Not sure why anyone would need that, but ... I'm just confused overall I guess.

I mean, it looks good, it's a good match for the Epilogue look, but well, y'know, not to beat a dead horse here, but I really want the 1911 version :D, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you translate that slightly older, 'raw' look from the first game into this style.

All our previous figures went through an intense redesign phase which is why they took and are still taking so long to release, going forward we'll be making sure that 99% of the prototypes is what ends up being produced so we will have much faster production times, our Leon figure is the best example of what to expect for the future and even that one went through some changes from proto to final.
If I am not mistaken Leon released 1 year after he was announced. So this time for JM we are talking about a 6 months release window, which is even faster. Sounds nice, I hope you'll be able to release it till the end of the year. I am in for 2 (one to display with 1907 hs, and the other one with 1911). Patiently waiting for MGS1, MGS2, TLOU and "unexplored" 🙃 announcements as well. Might have to cancel some HT pre-orders 😅

Just hope we can replicate his RDR1 look! It's the version I'll be displaying.

zChOYXT.png

Oh, good to know. I was confused by referring to them by years. It looked like an Epilogue head to me, and it seems like it is. Earlier there was talk about doing RDR2 and RDR1 heads, so I assumed this was the 'old John' head. I know you were trying to keeping fans of both games happy, so will there end up being a third '1899' head? Not sure why anyone would need that, but ... I'm just confused overall I guess.

I mean, it looks good, it's a good match for the Epilogue look, but well, y'know, not to beat a dead horse here, but I really want the 1911 version :D, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you translate that slightly older, 'raw' look from the first game into this style.
I guess to put it in simpler terms, there will be the younger, more modern head which is what was posted in the previous page and an older, more classic head for the OG fans, there will be 4 hair pieces, the modern shaggy longer hair and the classic shorter hair.
Just hope we can replicate his RDR1 look! It's the version I'll be displaying.

zChOYXT.png
We're gonna have all the pieces required to replicate this look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back