LIM Toys - Other Outlaw Guy (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally no interest in a beard on Mr. Not Milton for me, I feel all the iconic pictures/moments of him he’s just got stubble or a short beard. Wouldn’t campaign against it for anyone who does want it though.

Spoiler Spoiler:
That was actuallly a thing in the game? I know it was a thing with the sick outlaw. But I don't recall ever being able to grow a beard when playing as the Milton guy. :unsure:
I'd honestly prefer more guns or other unique items over a bearded sculpt for this guy.

With the epilogue to 2, the hair and beard get pretty long before you get a chance to trim up. Sounds like most folks are looking at this as the original version so maybe offer only one head with the figure but a couple of head accessory sets instead?

Honestly not interested in long bearded John. Though, I’d love a separate diorama piece or accessory/clothes pack.

That was actuallly a thing in the game? I know it was a thing with the sick outlaw. But I don't recall ever being able to grow a beard when playing as the Milton guy. :unsure:
I'd honestly prefer more guns or other unique items over a bearded sculpt for this guy.
As Buttmunch said his beard can get pretty big during the Epilogue portions of the second game, but seems there's not enough interest in it.

The beard thing -- not so much. Maybe a young and old version which could sort of equate to a RDR2 young and a RDR1 version? Note the slightly different hair length between old and young.

Definitately avoid the pitfalls of the player-character head of John in RDR2... the headshape is still too much Arthur.
RDR John.jpg

His classic outfit is top choice. If there's room for a second outfit, then I'm guessing it's his longcoat version. My fav is still the Deadly Assassin though. Maybe consider an eyepatch accessories :p

John_Marston.png

As Buttmunch said his beard can get pretty big during the Epilogue portions of the second game, but seems there's not enough interest in it.
I bet seeing what could be offered might help sway some opinions. I enjoy having the multiple options for the Outlaw. But that was a big part his game. I haven’t played the first game yet myself but having similar options for Milton makes sense to me since my attachment to him is based only on that game so far.

Fun fact it was your Outlaw that got me to play the game. It was so well done I knew I needed to check it out to fully appreciate the figure. I was not disappointed. :)

I feel like I should've asked that after we announce the figure :lol, hopefully any concerns about the figure's design are cleared up when we do.

I bet seeing what could be offered might help sway some opinions. I enjoy having the multiple options for the Outlaw. But that was a big part his game. I haven’t played the first game yet myself but having similar options for Milton makes sense to me since my attachment to him is based only on that game so far.

Fun fact it was your Outlaw that got me to play the game. It was so well done I knew I needed to check it out to fully appreciate the figure. I was not disappointed. :)
I think that's the case as well, there's a lot of players who didn't like John's design during the Epilogue portions of the second game and now I feel that's the image they have in their head of what the figure might be, definitely should've waited for us to announce it.

Well happy to hear you enjoyed! It's an amazing game, definitely try to play the first one if you can, it really shows what a badass character John truly is and the graphics still hold up to this day imo.

I realize now you said there isn't enough interest. Is there any chance you would do a very limited run of a bearded option? I'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium for it. Although not many here are showing interest, maybe more collectors who are just in it for a western figure rather than fans of the game would enjoy the option.

Huh, interesting. I suppose the 400+hrs I've spent in Night City has made me forget a few things from my RDR2 days. lol
But hey, if it's game accurate, then I'd say go for it! I might not display him with the long beard sculpt, but I'd most likely buy it anyhow as a spare. I like having complete figure sets. Heck, I even got some extra items from the VTS version for my Lim Outlaw. lol

I realize now you said there isn't enough interest. Is there any chance you would do a very limited run of a bearded option? I'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium for it. Although not many here are showing interest, maybe more collectors who are just in it for a western figure rather than fans of the game would enjoy the option.
Maybe after the figure is announced people will have a different opinion.

I hated that beard and shaved it the moment I could :lol
When I was playing on console I usually had him with a beard since he looked so weird without it, ever since I got the game on PC, I installed the John Marston restored mod and just have him rocking his iconic look with short stubble and the cowboy outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back