LIM Toys - Damn Faithful Planner (Outlaws of the West)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would choose the epilogue one, but personally, I prefer someone else ;)
View attachment 605980
I’ve made it pretty clear I’m here for everything Uncharted but even I have to admit that Lim should really consider making Red Dead their staple right now. They’ve said themselves that the demand for Arthur was overwhelming and I’d imagine John will also sell a ton of figures. Between Dutch, Sadie, Javier, Charles, Sean, etc, I’m sure they can make a lot of money and keep building their brand through those characters. We’ll see what they think as time goes on.

Aside from the main outfit in the second game, if you could choose between having the ability to make him look like he does in the first game with the orange shirt and shorter hair or the look from the epilogue in the second game with the beard, fur coat and gloves, what would you guys pick?
View attachment 605872
winter look hands down. orange shirt just isn't that cool imo. the headsculpt would still be welcomed as a separate addon potentially, but i'd rather the winter look for the main figure personally

The fact there seems to be more interest in the epilogue look which only showed up for a hot minute instead of his look in the first game just proves what I've been saying all along, the first game is severely underrated and doesn't get the same love the second game does.

Anyway I've seen some people ask for the Black fur coat and scarf look from the start of the game too, so between that and the epilogue look with the beard which one would you pick?

I’ve made it pretty clear I’m here for everything Uncharted but even I have to admit that Lim should really consider making Red Dead their staple right now. They’ve said themselves that the demand for Arthur was overwhelming and I’d imagine John will also sell a ton of figures. Between Dutch, Sadie, Javier, Charles, Sean, etc, I’m sure they can make a lot of money and keep building their brand through those characters. We’ll see what they think as time goes on.
We'd like to do other figures too, SW Toys has already made Sadie and there's another one in the works and from what I gather they didn't sell very well, and as far as characters like Javier and Sean they would be a waste of time and resources.
However... Master Team has begun development on a Micah so companies out there are willing to fill in the gaps.

We'd like to do other figures too, SW Toys has already made Sadie and there's another one in the works and from what I gather they didn't sell very well, and as far as characters like Javier and Sean they would be a waste of time and resources.
However... Master Team has begun development on a Micah so companies out there are willing to fill in the gaps.
With all due respect, I think that SW Sadie didn’t sell well because it’s terrible. The only reason I didn’t cancel was to not screw Kit. I hate that figure.

You really don’t think supporting characters like Javier and Bill would sell? I feel like they’d do better than Micah who is pretty universally hated.

With all due respect, I think that SW Sadie didn’t sell well because it’s terrible. The only reason I didn’t cancel was to not screw Kit. I hate that figure.
Exactly. Make a quality Sadie figure with the same attention to detail and decent accessories like Arthur and people will buy. I didn’t cancel that garbage SW Sadie for the same reason, but it was a huge waste of money.

The fact there seems to be more interest in the epilogue look which only showed up for a hot minute instead of his look in the first game just proves what I've been saying all along, the first game is severely underrated and doesn't get the same love the second game does.

Anyway I've seen some people ask for the Black fur coat and scarf look from the start of the game too, so between that and the epilogue look with the beard which one would you pick?
The look from the first game didnt make much of an impression.
Dutch from RDR2 is in my memory more present.

A winter outfit would be great for a winter display with Arthur in his coat. Dunno if John will have one. But I would prefer the one from the early game.

Yes, if you want a game accurate Sadie then neither of the two offerings really fit the bill.

LIM would do her justice, and I'd buy her not because she was game accurate, but because she would be a quality 1/6 female western character.

As it was SW Sadie ended up as parts to make a new character (new boots were essential because the stock ones were so tiny):

100_2749.JPG

The suitably stern sculpt went to the NKVD officer in the middle:

100_2707.JPG

That’s exactly it - and we’re going to see it with the upcoming Nathan Drake. The CCToys and Sideshow ones sold poorly because they were poor figures. These things are too expensive to buy just because it’s a character we like. They need to be well made. $200 is a night in a hotel on a nice trip.

Whether it’s Sadie Adler, Victor Sullivan, Abby, whoever - people in this hobby will buy it if it’s well made. The Bad Batch figures are a perfect example of this. A lot of people are buying them despite not having watched the show because the prototypes look so good and the figures just look cool. If LIM can channel that into more Red Dead, Uncharted, Horizon, Assassin’s Creed, whatever, I really do think the support will be there. Not in Hot Toys numbers of course, but enough to be worth it.

Sadie is one of the most favorite characters from the game.. I would say more than Dutch.. I think we need to get Sadie after JM and just after that, the rest of the gang.. The version from SW is not less than terrbile! If Lim would have done Sadie, everything could have been looked different
resize

If they'd do a remaster/remake, there'd be an explosion of good exposure to all the characters in the first game. Having a Seth, Bonnie, Nigel Dickens and his wagon would be some excellent choices for secondary characters.

For Dutch, the epilogue outfit is more unique however the more common winter one from earlier is more versatile.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get a remake of Red Dead 1. I honestly don't even think we're going to get a Red Dead 3, and if we do, I don't think it'll get the same love and care the first two games got. Rockstar has gone through from big time staff changes and I can't help but wonder if they even care about the future of Red Dead despite how well it sold. They seem content to just milk GTA online these days.

prologue - just looks prettier and would pair better with arthur

In fairness, the vote is 7-5 in favor of the Epilogue outfit. That's pretty close, considering the sample size.

And considering the Epilogue outfit would be more expensive to produce, it makes more sense to do the RDR1 outfit as the accessory outfit, and sell the Epilogue version as a bonus, if that's what it comes down to. Particularly, since you've already noted that John won't include the Epilogue outfit, but it may be sold separately later. Just have both Epilogue outfits as the separate packs.

Having said that, the disrespect for RDR1 just boggles my mind. Like, Arthur wouldn't even exist had John not come first, but people are like "Nah, first game is lame." I just don't get it.

You really don’t think supporting characters like Javier and Bill would sell? I feel like they’d do better than Micah who is pretty universally hated.
I cancelled my Lady Adler pre order, because it didn't look good. If it looked more like her, then I would've gotten it. I think if a Sadie figure is done right it would sell well. Also, Micah would sell way better. People hate Micah, because he's a terrible person, but he's a fantastic character and I think people would love to display him in a standoff with the other three + Sadie.
If we get a second sculpt of Epilogue Dutch than the Epilogue look, otherwise the prologue look.

In fairness, the vote is 7-5 in favor of the Epilogue outfit. That's pretty close, considering the sample size.

And considering the Epilogue outfit would be more expensive to produce, it makes more sense to do the RDR1 outfit as the accessory outfit, and sell the Epilogue version as a bonus, if that's what it comes down to. Particularly, since you've already noted that John won't include the Epilogue outfit, but it may be sold separately later. Just have both Epilogue outfits as the separate packs.

Having said that, the disrespect for RDR1 just boggles my mind. Like, Arthur wouldn't even exist had John not come first, but people are like "Nah, first game is lame." I just don't get it.
i think it’s less ‘disrespect’ and more just the RDR1 design not being super cool looking. imo, at least

Yes my friend, Red Dead to quell or to keep the thirst at bay.

I would pick the black fur coat and scarf, both look really good but whenever I think winter Dutch my mind goes to the first one.

edit - I would also pick the Epilogue outfit. I love both games but the epilogue one is really great looking but no matter what I know it's gonna be an awesome figure!:yess:

Last edited:

I would still pick the Epilogue look.

Back