Lights for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pic. The strip lights look much better IMO. I won't bother installing mine and look for something better
They really do. It's a pity Ikea discontinued them. And I'm still waiting for the strip replacements they're coming out with this month, allegedly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I finally found a good way to light up my collection, and I think it works great! First off, here's the two things I purchased off of Amazon for the lights.

Lighting Ever light strand:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSF65MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lighting Ever Power Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DKSI0S8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The light strands have an adhesive on the one side that sticks right on the grey frame part of a detolf. Here's a pic of a side view of how I installed them.

25675146_10214494675501729_1867065832_n.jpg

I went along the entire grey frame and also the top part of the detolf. I then ran the cords right between the slot between the glass side and the door.

25589991_10214494675461728_1024195262_n.jpg

I also purchased a Smart Plug to work with my Amazon Echo device to voice turn on my collection lights!

25627520_10214494675741735_276763464_n.jpg

After said and done, here's what the top shelf of my detolf looks from straight on.

25636949_10214495700327349_922265834_o.jpg

Here's also a finished picture of the project:

25593521_10214495702287398_1876493900_n.jpg

Hey everyone, I finally found a good way to light up my collection, and I think it works great! First off, here's the two things I purchased off of Amazon for the lights.

Lighting Ever light strand:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSF65MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lighting Ever Power Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DKSI0S8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The light strands have an adhesive on the one side that sticks right on the grey frame part of a detolf. Here's a pic of a side view of how I installed them.

View attachment 383511

I went along the entire grey frame and also the top part of the detolf. I then ran the cords right between the slot between the glass side and the door.

View attachment 383512

I also purchased a Smart Plug to work with my Amazon Echo device to voice turn on my collection lights!

View attachment 383513

After said and done, here's what the top shelf of my detolf looks from straight on.

View attachment 383514

Here's also a finished picture of the project:

View attachment 383515

One strand per detolf?

Looks good bro! I personally think the LED strip lighting option is the cheapest and also the best for brightness on all shelves. I also took it a step further and installed a RF remote too. This is about $1-$2 on eBay via China and now I can control brightness and power. The only wires you see are the ones that sneak out the bottom.

Looks good bro! I personally think the LED strip lighting option is the cheapest and also the best for brightness on all shelves. I also took it a step further and installed a RF remote too. This is about $1-$2 on eBay via China and now I can control brightness and power. The only wires you see are the ones that sneak out the bottom.

Thanks man!! Yeah, it's a nice setup that's pretty easy to install and very easy on the wallet.

If anyone is interested, I stopped by ikea this weekend and they had the dioder lights back in stock. I thought they were discontinued, they only had white though I needed warm white which they didn’t have.

Good news! (can only hear that in a Prof. Farnsworth voice)

I still have a case I need to set up with lighting, but last time I was at an IKEA they were unavailable.

Went today to take advantage of 20% off bestå, and with much excitement, multicolor dioder lights being back. Got 2 boxes and replaced the ****e dioder pucks I bought as substitute. So much better, and now my displays match light-wise. Very happy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You guy have to check out Shortrounds set up. I see it it in person and it magnificent. Looks like a show room display. And he has the wires all neatly tied and running down the side and out the bottom.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91011
IMG_3727.jpg

An old quote, but can you tell me (or anyone else who has tips for it) how to place the led strips underneath each glass plate so it holds it steady, and if you use thesame method for the upper led strip on the wooden top?!

An old quote, but can you tell me (or anyone else who has tips for it) how to place the led strips underneath each glass plate so it holds it steady, and if you use thesame method for the upper led strip on the wooden top?!

Aren't the backs just adhesive, and you just peel off the backing?

They are adhesive but they are not very good at sticking to glass. I had to use a long strip of scotch tape on the glass so the adhesive in the back of the lights would stick to the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just letting everyone know, I was informed by Ikea lightning manager that the Dioder light strips have been discontinued again.

What are some of the better, but not expensive, alternatives to the dioder multicolour lights? I'm too afraid to order anything from Ikea's site, and they're out of stock at the West Chester store according to stock prognosis.

Back