Life Size R2D2 Contest. Is a new Lifesize R2 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says the piece is making its debut at comic con so it doesn't sound like they found one of the old ones in a warehouse. Must be a new piece.

I predict that it will be inexpensive, screen accurate, and the forums will go nuts over it.
:wink1:

(Really though, I'd love to have one of these. Haven't looked much into other options but I know there's a healthy community of droid builders out there.)

Just came in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c2e75b7c1360be40d7934d178f5a4654.jpg
f4eeaac01cd6eebb3b42e34715720032.jpg
c75352e1d4234471e1cbf0a6aeb5867e.jpg

Hey dan, what's your overall opinion? I came so close to hitting the buy button when they had metal dome on the discription then they removed it and i decided against it. I have the boba fett life size and i am still considering this one. Any more info would be nice

Thanks

Ok, I will say the only 1:1 that is worth the money is the sideshow endoskeleton that I have! I also have the 1: 1 boba fett, R2d2,yoda and HCG Alien Warrior.

I will say that anything Star Wars that is licensed will retain its value or increase is the 1:1's. So I have no issue paying a couple grand more that it's worth now to be potentially worth more later.

To answer you question on the R2D2 , it's worth it!

Thanks dan. I was hoping that was the case. I had Vader on order until they cancelled him and I'm building my own storm trooper from anovos costume. Still waiting on that Vader order though. May pull the trigger on r2

Thanks dan. I was hoping that was the case. I had Vader on order until they cancelled him and I'm building my own storm trooper from anovos costume. Still waiting on that Vader order though. May pull the trigger on r2

I had the Vader ordered also. I asked Sideshow a few weeks ago about it and it's supposed to go back up for preorder but its going to be the one they had at the last comic con.

Any idea if they'll also be releasing C3PO? I collected mostly life size figures when I had more space (old home before getting married). I had the endo, HCG Alien, MM T600, custom Pred, Fett, Yoda (GG and SS), and other small life size statues and I agree that t800 was the dopest among all of them. Sadly, had to sell most of them (except starwars) since I got married and moved to a new place.

I'm really hoping they bring back Vader and C3PO. If I were to sell all my collection, the two statues I'd go for are the old R2 and C3PO. Now that this ones out (and hopefully on the way), I really hope that they announce C3PO soon!

Not sure if their planning on releasing C3PO. Can't imagine they wouldn't.

I had the Vader ordered also. I asked Sideshow a few weeks ago about it and it's supposed to go back up for preorder but its going to be the one they had at the last comic con.

Which is not the same? Didn't they work with Gino on the original one? It looked incrredble. I hope they didn't scrap all his work completely

Which is not the same? Didn't they work with Gino on the original one? It looked incrredble. I hope they didn't scrap all his work completely

This is the one.

Attachments

• 2016-SDCC-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-007.jpg
    2016-SDCC-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
Not sure about that one looks like sculpted hands and the tunic and cape look cheap. Really dug there first version

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I bit the bullet and got one. It read on the box edition number 207. Find it hard to believe they made that many. Rolled the dice and I have to say I am a lot more impressed with this then I thought I would be. A lot of metal components, the detail is spectacular and very sharp, love the glossy look they used on the dome. The lights. Sound and remote is also impressive. Thanks for the recommendation.

Awesome! Congratulations on your purchase. They made 250 of the last life sized one, so I'm guessing the edition size on this one will be similar.

Back