Life-size Alien Big Chap HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Wow that became a personal attack. Yikes)

So the seem around the head doesn't break this for me. For me what I dislike is thr arms and hands/fingers. They looks too short. I've always thought of this creature as having subtly exaggerated physique - arms just a little too long, long lite fingers. They just looks too muscular on this piece.

This would be awesome to have. I'm typing this now and the wife is asking what I'm typing about..."Don't worry, you won't let me have it anyway."

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Just an update, i had email conversation today with HCG who informed me this statue is still going ahead!
However, when i asked about the head / dome changes they said they have no reports from the development dept :(
They only have to look at the Coolprops head to see what corrections they need to make as that one is PERFECT!

ALIEN

Just an update, i had email conversation today with HCG who informed me this statue is still going ahead!
However, when i asked about the head / dome changes they said they have no reports from the development dept :(
They only have to look at the Coolprops head to see what corrections they need to make as that one is PERFECT!

ALIEN

I've seen that one in person and it has the basic design down, but the lack of detail work and flat paint is not what I would want on a full figure.

I've seen that one in person and it has the basic design down, but the lack of detail work and flat paint is not what I would want on a full figure.

I had the 1st version they did, the one with the horse lip and bent in knee's!
Anything's better than that one trust me.

I've seen some close up images, they are using the same molds as the 1st one but they have at least this time made an effect to pose it.
The head is completely wrong, i've already told them three times now to correct it so keeping fingers crossed!!

HCG is the only company to produce an original Big Chap in lifesize format and as nobody else is going to make one this is all we have for now.
If they get the head right i'll order but if they don't they can poke it!

ALIEN

I had the 1st version they did, the one with the horse lip and bent in knee's!
Anything's better than that one trust me.

I've seen some close up images, they are using the same molds as the 1st one but they have at least this time made an effect to pose it.
The head is completely wrong, i've already told them three times now to correct it so keeping fingers crossed!!

HCG is the only company to produce an original Big Chap in lifesize format and as nobody else is going to make one this is all we have for now.
If they get the head right i'll order but if they don't they can poke it!

ALIEN

Not sure they sell them anymore, but the one I have is from MageeFX.

The profile of the anterior portion of the dome is wrong.

Agree 100%, it's completely wrong and i keep telling them about it with the usual reply (i will pass it onto the design team).
They are using the same POINTY dome that was also used on the first version which i owned & sold.

They only have to copy the Coolprops Big-Chap Head and it will be spot on.
They have NO EXCUSE to get it wrong with so many great examples of the head around.

Fingers crossed!
ALIEN

It's back!
BC1.jpg

They could make that look so much better by simply putting the arms in a better pose. Unless they are pose-able?

Nice! But was´t that one already painted? Is this a new cast? Thanks.

Yes, the one from 2018 show was painted so guessing perhaps they made modifications and didn't finish it in time? :huh
A year on and still not finished, just hoping they took note of all the images i sent them last year and early this year showing the problems with the dome but i'm not holding my breath. Looking forward to seeing more images uploaded from show visitors over next couple of days.

They could make that look so much better by simply putting the arms in a better pose. Unless they are pose-able?

Comparing images from 2018 it looks as if they have modified the hands, they don't look to be bent back anymore.
Can you see the difference?

HCG seem to completely lack any sense of aesthetic when it comes to posing. Their life size pieces legit look like they just cast a bunch of arms and legs randomly and then assembled it.

HCG seem to completely lack any sense of aesthetic when it comes to posing. Their life size pieces legit look like they just cast a bunch of arms and legs randomly and then assembled it.

Agreed. The pose is pretty terrible. But don't worry, no one will notice...it's only life-sized.

Good to see they took note of my complaints and fixed the dome!
The ribbing is now inside the dome edge, i'm happy with it but under dome painting & mouth area still needs attention.

67143633_10156423282118479_2442622891364188160_n.jpg

They're going for the Kotobukya Alien pose which is great. But then they drop the ball with the arms. The arms are atrocious.

Koto-Big-Chap-Alien-Statue-001.jpg

Could use about half a dozen more tendons on the cheeks. That top "lip" tendon should also be darker, so it looks more integrated into the head.

Back