Lego - The Lord of the Rings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEGO-Icons-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-10316.jpg

LEGO-Icons-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-10316-17.jpg

LEGO-Icons-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-10316-18.jpg

LEGO-Icons-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-10316-19.jpg

By Aulë's beard!!! - LEGO Icons Lord of the Rings Rivendell (10316) Officially Announced - The Brick Fan

7aaonw.gif

The idea of Legolas, is so meta. :google

While I can't deny the temptation, they didn't get me with Star Wars, they won't with LOTR.
These are just endless world-building (literally) rabbit holes I can't afford to start going down.

Last edited:
I would love that Rivendell set, it looks great. But sooo expensive, so not sure if I’ll be getting it or not yet…

The dual molded Hobbit leg pieces are marvelous. Love how they’re coming back with a focus on adult collectors (I was a young teen “too cool” for LEGO when the original LOTR sets came out), but the cost and the space that these huge sets demand are unfortunately going to hold a lot of people back.

Honestly wish I could. It’s nice the set can split into 3 pieces but it’s still just way too big for my already packed lego shelves :monkey2

I'm still deciding, as I really like it.
I might get it if I can get it on sale, because at $800 Australian, it's hardly value for money.

I am going to get it. Having 3 kids that love Legos paid off with this one. Finally going to use all the rewards points. It is probably over 10 years of reward points or for however long their reward program has run. Not a bad deal if you get it for less than $200.

I had to get it. The most expensive LEGO set I’ve ever bought. Looks like they’re also releasing new Indiana Jones sets, and between that and LOTR I am getting very excited for some cool looking playsets/dioramas.

I was thinking about getting the Castle, but then LEGO dropped this and I thought "Weeeeeeeeell ...". This set flanked by the InArt Gandalf and Aragorn .... and Frodo, on a shelf would be pretty sweet.

I must confess, I don’t get the attraction of the Lego aesthetic, especially as compared to the hyper-realism of the inArt figures. Happy for those who do, though.
It is an impressive set.

As awesome as it looks I feel Lego has gotten too overpriced recently and too "big" if that makes sense, I miss the days where I could buy a full wave of nicely sized Lord of The Rings or Pirates of The Caribbean sets for the price of this one or less.

The only recent Lego set I bought was the Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn and I though that was the perfect adult set, a more tidy and downsized model that keeps that charming Lego aesthetic with a very good piece count and an incredible price at $80-90, I wish they could do more sets like that for adult collectors, sets that are affordable and space friendly instead of these behemoths that people have to find space for and fork over large sums of money, not to mention all that dust you'll have to deal with. :cautious:

Back