1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be pre ordering this Lara figure too! The headsculpt is great, but my biggest complaint is the jacket. It's too puffy for me. I know that's how a winter jacket is supposed to be, but in figure form it doesn't look great.
After looking at it again, I think it's the scarf that is making the jacket look more puffy than it actually is.

I wonder what changed for LIM, if this tease is what I think it means? I wonder if it has anything to do with this Lara or the Prime1 statue?

I can't wait to see what they're cooking up for Nathan Drake.
I told you I would keep trying lol, anyway I do not want to derail this thread, carry on talking about MT's Lara!

I kind of regretted not getting the last SWToys Croft figure, but now I'm glad I didn't. This looks way better. Just pre ordered it!

The Tomb Raider games, at least the ones I played starting from the very first, were never realistic. They were more like a 3D version of a platform game with added puzzles.

Yet, they could still be quite effective. I can't remember which game it was, but I recall walking down a creepy subway and a dog suddenly leapt out of a stairway to the side and almost gave me a heart attack!

I still have my copies of the original games up until I think Angel of Darkness, which would be the last one I played.

I've looked at playthroughs of the latest reboot trilogy, and while they aren't at the TLOU level of realistic world building, there's been enormous advances in that direction.

The idea of Lara transcended her game world as a character, and I considered her as the heir to Indy's throne since the beginning. So while I stopped playing the games, I never lost interest.

The MT 'extreme weather' expedition outfit covers two bases for me. Primarily it's Lara, but it's also an outfit that's evocative of films set in remote, lonely wintry settings...

The Tomb Raider games, at least the ones I played starting from the very first, were never realistic. They were more like a 3D version of a platform game with added puzzles.

Yet, they could still be quite effective. I can't remember which game it was, but I recall walking down a creepy subway and a dog suddenly leapt out of a stairway to the side and almost gave me a heart attack!

I still have my copies of the original games up until I think Angel of Darkness, which would be the last one I played.

I've looked at playthroughs of the latest reboot trilogy, and while they aren't at the TLOU level of realistic world building, there's been enormous advances in that direction.

The idea of Lara transcended her game world as a character, and I considered her as the heir to Indy's throne since the beginning. So while I stopped playing the games, I never lost interest.

The MT 'extreme weather' expedition outfit covers two bases for me. Primarily it's Lara, but it's also an outfit that's evocative of films set in remote, lonely wintry settings...
Yes subway and dog is exactly The Angel of Darkness, my favourite Lara you can see on my profile picture! That was last game in the original series by Core Design, 6th instalment. Unfortunately publisher EIDOS pushed developers to release game on PS2 and PC at the same time, PS2 was a new thing back then so they weren't ready... previous games were on PS1,bc of PS2 limitations they needed to cut lot of locations and levels... Turkey was completely cut. Someone accidentally cut Lara's dual pistols from the coding as well so she has only 1 pistol ... Game was released buggy and unfinished and got bad reviews that's how TR creator Core Design lost the franchise and it was given to Crystal Dynamics, they rebooted it with Tomb Raider Legend which was a huge success. Following TR Anniversary and TR Underworld. After that they rebooted it again with survivor trilogy so here we are now.

P.S. Despite it's flows Angel of Darkness has a huge fandom,best writing, music,Lara and atmosphere. I'd give anything for the finished game and trilogy, it was supposed to be a trilogy...
Gaming head is releasing Angel of Darkness statue! First time ever premium collectable!

I know nobody has asked about this history lesson but love talking about TR haha

Yes subway and dog is exactly The Angel of Darkness, my favourite Lara you can see on my profile picture! That was last game in the original series by Core Design, 6th instalment. Unfortunately publisher EIDOS pushed developers to release game on PS2 and PC at the same time, PS2 was a new thing back then so they weren't ready... previous games were on PS1,bc of PS2 limitations they needed to cut lot of locations and levels... Turkey was completely cut. Someone accidentally cut Lara's dual pistols from the coding as well so she has only 1 pistol ... Game was released buggy and unfinished and got bad reviews that's how TR creator Core Design lost the franchise and it was given to Crystal Dynamics, they rebooted it with Tomb Raider Legend which was a huge success. Following TR Anniversary and TR Underworld. After that they rebooted it again with survivor trilogy so here we are now.

P.S. Despite it's flows Angel of Darkness has a huge fandom,best writing, music,Lara and atmosphere. I'd give anything for the finished game and trilogy, it was supposed to be a trilogy...
Gaming head is releasing Angel of Darkness statue! First time ever premium collectable!

I know nobody has asked about this history lesson but love talking about TR haha

I looked through a walkthrough of Angel of Darkness, but couldn't find the dog in the subway.

Went backwards through the series and found an instance in Tomb Raider III where a dog leaps out in the metro as Lara is going up stairs - but that wasn't how I remembered it.

The series was such a non-pc PC game. Lara had to slaughter so much wildlife, probably including endangered species. :lol

I looked through a walkthrough of Angel of Darkness, but couldn't find the dog in the subway.

Went backwards through the series and found an instance in Tomb Raider III where a dog leaps out in the metro as Lara is going up stairs - but that wasn't how I remembered it.

The series was such a non-pc PC game. Lara had to slaughter so much wildlife, probably including endangered species. :lol
True :D There is a subway and dog in angel of darkness as well in Parisian ghetto location. Totally forgot about TR3 lol to be honest not a huge fan of TR2 and TR3, 1,4 and 6 are my favs from the classics. Eidos was pushing Core design to release new game every year so sometimes they get very repetitive especially there weren't much visual upgrades back then. TR4 stands out in PS1 era imo,longest game as well!

True :D There is a subway and dog in angel of darkness as well in Parisian ghetto location. Totally forgot about TR3 lol to be honest not a huge fan of TR2 and TR3, 1,4 and 6 are my favs from the classics. Eidos was pushing Core design to release new game every year so sometimes they get very repetitive especially there weren't much visual upgrades back then. TR4 stands out in PS1 era imo,longest game as well!

I'll have another look at the Angel walkthrough, but I think the instance I remember was from TR III, except that the dog triggered earlier before I started going up the stairs. I just have this clear memory of walking past the opening to the stairs and the dog leaping out as a real jump scare!

Does MT Toys usually sell out fast? Worth preordering or wait and see how the end product turns out?
Their remake Jill sold out. I think there was a second run but pretty much sold out and the sculpt alone is like $100 plus is you find one of course.

How is Master Team on delays/timing? Do they normally take longer than initially thought?

How is Master Team on delays/timing? Do they normally take longer than initially thought?
They’re no Super Duck… lol the Jill set didn’t take that long, less than a year? I have their Chris preordered and Agent 47 should be here next week or so. I think he went for preorder late last year?

You're probably right. Hitman took 10 months to release after it was announced, which isn't bad at all. But it usually feels like years when a figure is this anticipated. lol
Hitman turned out amazing imo,I'm not a huge fan of the franchise,but figure looks so good, exactly like the game so I ordered before he is vanished,impulse buy lol I love the art style master team has, their sculpts are super beautiful and always look true to the character.We gonna wait as long as she takes and then gonna be blessed with an amazing figure! I hope they will make other versions as well!
I wont be 100% happy till there is amazing classic Lara figure around lol that's my last wish :D

Hitman turned out amazing imo,I'm not a huge fan of the franchise,but figure looks so good, exactly like the game so I ordered before he is vanished,impulse buy
Did the price ended up being the same as the preorder price or did you have to pay more?

Back